X

Elemental Weapon and husk visual guide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elemental Weapon and husk visual guide

Seen a post on reddit and made up something (very similar) to send on to three friends who just started out and were very confused on what elements did what etc.

Figured I’d throw it in here, someone might find it interesting :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	0FD37499ED244FDBB2064BC0BB3418AB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	188.2 KB ID:	671842

This is good information for those that don't know about it. Something I'd add though is if the spawn is a little ways away from your trap tunnels shot the tanks before they get close Which will take out skinnies around them and do about 60% damage to any huskys nearby. This way your taps get used up less. Also Just stay out of trap tunnels. Smashers will just walk through tunnels if they don't see a player.

Comment

Might give it a little update. If anyone has the in game icons for the elements to hand that would be nice, went for a scrappy pixelated look but probably would be a lot tidier with the real icons. :)

Comment

• Bikerbud89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just take a few screenshots and crop them out with photoshop or gimp

Thank you so much.

Comment

• Ráthoak commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad I could help :)

Tried to make it as uncomplicated and visual as possible but some things like How Crit damage is calculated was just too hard to put in pictures.
      Hope someone finds it helpful.

Edit: removed to fix a mess up or two
      Last edited by Ráthoak; 09-03-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Alot of the new stuff feels like it's clutter. I'm not saying its bad information, I think its important info for players to know I think the first one was more appealing from a design perspective. The new info I think is better in a guide written or video.
        Also I think you got the Crit damage wrong you have Headshot = Base Damage + Headshot damage + Crit damage when I think its Headshot damage + Crit multiplier, meaning if the crit damage is 50% then a headshot crit will be 150% headshot damage. And you have body crit as body crit = base damage + Crit damage + base damage.

Comment

• Ráthoak commented
          Editing a comment
          The guide is for three of my friends who started recently not a client ha ha you do have a good point though I was thinking it was getting out of hand about half way through :D
          I’m only sharing it here In case anyone else finds it useful. It got cluttered because once they started asking about trap tunnels and crits I figured I’d add to it.

Crit calculations are correct and one of the main things that confused me massively when starting out and loooooaaads of people stil have it wrong.
          It’s base damage + crit % + whatever shot you landed.

So base damage on your gun is 100. Headshot is 400. Critical damage is 160%.

You land a crit body shot:
          100 x 1.60 = 160 + 100 = 260 crit damage.
          You land a crit headshot:
          100 x 1.60 = 160 + 400 = 560 crit damage.

Here’s a really good recent vid explaining it:

https://youtu.be/DL9wae_1ECY

Watch for the Body Crit at 2:20 or so.
          Last edited by Ráthoak; 09-03-2018, 05:53 AM.

I'm not trying to criticize you in a negative way. I get what your intending to get across with explaining the crit calculations, but its...well I'll be frank it's written incorrectly, it should be written like this; Crit damage = Base/headshot damage + (Crit multiplier * base/headshot damage). Again I want to say I don't intend this in a negative way so if it come across as such I apologize.
        Also I made a guide for new players here https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...or-new-players
        I think it has alot of good information though it is a bit of a read.

Comment

• Bikerbud89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh ok, so headshot crits are still based off of base damage. I did enjoy this disscussion. I learned something as well so thank you.

• Ráthoak commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries at all :) you’ve given me loads of ideas too. Might revisit the idea and maybe split them up. A visual guide for each mechanic maybe.

You’re beginners guide thread is top class too :)

• Bikerbud89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I spent a lot of time on it and I had to write it a second time from memory the site bugged out and wouldn't let me post and didn't save it. ;b
      Working...
      X