X

Seeking Material-Efficient Build Advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking Material-Efficient Build Advice

Greetings heroes, I'm seeking advice on defending the objective. I mainly play Constructors, so I aim to let my walls and traps do most of the defending. While I can build a fairly competent trap tunnel, on wide open maps with few natural chokepoints I tend to spend a LOT of materials on funneling the husks into the tunnels. I recently played with someone who made a very compressed defense around the ATLAS using staircases and wall dynamos. I was impressed at the efficiency. Could you direct me to advice on how to build a good defense that doesn't involve miles of walls? Thank you!

I'm thinking maybe a pyramid with mini trap tunnels leading to a few access points? I'm gonna have to test it out, will let you know how it works

Comment

Something I had during the Horde event. The orange bit was the pyramid, the dotted lines are low walls, so the ceiling dynamos could reach the husks walking nearby. I used almost no wall traps, except wooden spikes, to hit back on husks attacking them. The floors had a mix of wooden spikes, fire and freeze traps. Worked pretty well, overall. Since the husks couldn't path directly to the upper floor, they followed the path pretty well. Even the smashers rarely tried breaking through the walls.
      Attached Files
      https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/staggerhat

Comment

Well explaining trap tunnel designs in text is not easy. So i would just recomend you head to youtube for that. David Dean and slygumbie have the best trap designs in my opinion. What i can do is try to give you a few tips:
        - For heroes: power base, pathfinder and striker ac is the 3 best for getting mats. So defenetly recomend using one of those if u like building.
        - For build lvl: I dont remeber exatly when this changes, but in higher lvl mission 1 propane tank will take out both a lvl 1 and lvl 2 build, but it takes 2 for a lvl 3. So as a rule of thumb never use lvl 2 builds, usually go lvl 1 and then lvl 3 when needed. This will save materials.
        - Husks will normaly be willing to go 90 degreese of the straighjt path to the objective. So usually u need a enterence for them every 4 tile. aka opening-3 walls- opening and so on.

Hopefully this helps a bit. If there is anything spesific you want to know just comment on this post and ill try to answer :)

Comment

Thanks all! Staggerhat, that looks promising, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X