X

Awesome Deathray?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Deathray?

I feel like this thing is awesome, or maybe Deathrays suck late game. I don't know. I just got this one. It's the best rolled legendary I've gotten so far. Am I ok to be excited for it or not so much? I realize the last perk isn't that great, but maybe one day, we'll get an option to reroll them.

Looks pretty nice! The thing I noticed with the deathray is it consumes a lot of ammo. Congrats on your schematic.

Comment

Enjoy it because now with the new useless rolls you will never get a godly gun roll like this one anymore.

Comment

The rifle is amazing.
        Only downside really is the ammo consumption.
        Could Shadow Shard it, so the last perk may not even be "bad"

Comment

I had to school myself up on "Shadow Shard" vs "Obsidian", as I'm not that far into the game yet. It does seem like a good candidate for "Shadow Shard" though, especially in conjunction with a UAH. Trade off some fire rate for damage, which in turn will help with ammo consumption. Seems like a win win to me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	132799 Got this a few days ago:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fortnit
              {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t Views:\t1 Size:\t687.3 KB ID:\t131821","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"131821","data-size":"full"} I heard you like awesome Deathrays :)
              Multiple unconditional dmg perks aren't good (I mean, they are good obviously, but not if we're chasing that god-tier mix), unfortunately. They don't stack in a linear way.

Much, much better to get conditional dmg to match your dmg type, or even Mag Size/Reload for greater DPS (not the useless stat, I mean actual output).
              Last edited by astheoceansblue; 01-13-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astheoceansblue View Post

Multiple unconditional dmg perks aren't good (I mean, they are good obviously, but not if we're chasing that god-tier mix), unfortunately. They don't stack in a linear way.

Much, much better to get conditional dmg to match your dmg type, or even Mag Size/Reload for greater DPS (not the useless stat, I mean actual output).
                You're wrong they stack in an additive fashion that is a "linear-way". Damage is multiplicative with several other bonuses as well standing alone Damage is probably the most desirable perk (outside Affliction Elements), it falls short when Crit Damage and Crit Chance work together in 2 a 2 and 2 fashion and against conditional Damage that the weapon itself triggers like the Gravedigger applying affliction then having increased Damage to afflicted targets, but that's due to higher numerical values.

Reload has diminishing returns and has no bearing on Burst DPS which is valuable in it's own right depending on the weapon it's far more valuable even and Reload increases DPS without increasing the actual efficiency of the weapon and additionally without firerate the DPS boost tends to be lower anyway. Magazine Size is heavily dependent on the type of weapon to make a generalization as well, but it also tends to be lower DPS gains.

Yet again wrong on all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwlr View Post

You're wrong they stack in an additive fashion that is a "linear-way". Damage is multiplicative with several other bonuses as well standing alone Damage is probably the most desirable perk (outside Affliction Elements), it falls short when Crit Damage and Crit Chance work together in 2 a 2 and 2 fashion and against conditional Damage that the weapon itself triggers like the Gravedigger applying affliction then having increased Damage to afflicted targets, but that's due to higher numerical values.

Reload has diminishing returns and has no bearing on Burst DPS which is valuable in it's own right depending on the weapon it's far more valuable even and Reload increases DPS without increasing the actual efficiency of the weapon and additionally without firerate the DPS boost tends to be lower anyway. Magazine Size is heavily dependent on the type of weapon to make a generalization as well, but it also tends to be lower DPS gains.

Yet again wrong on all accounts.
                  I hope no one listens to this...

Comment

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...32/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...16/unknown.png

which one is better?

Comment

The one that's already Silver is slightly better. It has its own Affliction when maxed so you'll only need to hit the enemy anywhere once to trigger your 22.5% damage increase. The second one gaining the 30% damage would rely on you to land 5 headshots in a row for activation, meaning you can't guarantee uptime.

Comment

Working...
                      X