X

Slap your Constructor in the face.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slap your Constructor in the face.

I rarely see any other constructor's in the game, even when I do they're mostly non-focused on the building aspect of being a constructor (Tank, electro-pulse, plasma guardian). I play PowerBase as I don't have anything better yet but will eventually, and when I get into a game and find the objective I expect that it's my responsibility to get an effective fort build setup around whatever objective we need to protect (In missions that require it). Yet for some reason, more often than not, there's usually a Soldier or Outlander either already building or building over what I'm setting up. Side note: I've never seen a Ninja doing this

This baffles me. Not only do I build with the placement of my B.A.S.E. in mind but I build faster and cheaper than other classes. It seems either no one knows or no one cares that my class is specifically designed to undertake this task. This normally wouldn't bother me...except when the base gets overrun and we fail the mission. The two other people on our team start blaming me because I have the constructor icon by my name and even though I didn't have anything to do with the setup or fort design...it's somehow my fault that it looks like it was built by a 2yr old.

I simply tell everyone that I didn't build it, the Soldier or Outlander insisted that they should do it and that if they had an issue with the base design then they should take it up with them or maybe....just maybe...I should build it next time. Am I crazy or is anyone else experiencing this?

Personally I'd be pretty **** unimpressed if every defence match I had to build and trap everything. If you see the right spot to place your BASE and it's taken up by a trap just destroy it, place BASE and move on. Not really that big of a deal, it's not like you can't remove and add things to a base once it's been started.

Comment

Wait, you're complaining because people actually help build? I understand the frustration of trying to defend or poorly laid out fort but I'm thrilled when I see someone placing or upgrading defenses... because I can always alter or add to whatever others place. If I see a someone working on the objective I set up the funnels, if they cover the approaches with floor traps I just place my BASE over a ceiling. It sure as heck beats what I normally have... which is 3 people standing around while I build, gather, upgrade, gather, build some more, gather, upgrade some more, then have the defense started while I'm trying to regather.

Comment

I think the point is a lack of teamwork going into the mission. If you want to be effective, communicate.

Comment

Two things :
          Firstly, as a beginner (I'm still in Stonewood), I didn't know that the Constructor could build for a cheaper price (don't even know what BASE is but I guess it's pretty strong) and I think I'm not the only one. So maybe it's due to a lack of awareness, as some people just rush the game without looking to Stats and abilities etc...

Secondly, having some experience in other games, I think that the people who know this either don't care or think it's useless. Maybe if an adjustment could be done to the Builder to make it more worth it, it would fix the problem. But I'm basing this on what you said, I never tested it personally, so I maybe totally wrong.

I'm looking at the problem mainly as an exterior player, knowing how roles are important, so don't rely much on it.

PS: Sorry for my poor english, I'm not native english.

Comment

you build for 10% cheaper its no big deal
            everyone should help build

Comment

Man, I've NEVER encountered this and I've gotta have like 600 hours in the game by now. That's really lame they jump on you like that. I've experienced the same thing though, I LOVE constructor class and almost always play it save for those daily hero missions. Even if people are already building they're not building like morons, it's almost always really good builds that make it easy for me to BASE up. So, I just can't relate.

Comment

I've experienced this also. I believe it's because people simply don't care and will do what they want. The game is clearly based on building so people will always do their own things you know?

Comment

Originally posted by macsdf1 View Post
                  you build for 10% cheaper its no big deal
                  everyone should help build
                  I agree with you honestly

Comment

I've played as a constructor a lot. Had some very awesome teams that built the base structure of the defense then handed me mats to upgrade it all (which is really effect material cost wise since I get 16% reduction in costs). Had other teams that just drop mats and run off to source more while I build it all. Still good but a lot more time consuming. Then I've had teams that just start throwing up walls and traps everywhere. Some are great and work a section each (or help each other) but others are just horrible. When in a horrid team and I have to go off and get more stone/steel just for repairs, they start before I'm lucky to get 100 of each. Then complain nothing is getting repaired. Sad...

It isn't lack of communication. I state quite clearly I need a few minutes to gather mats for repairs. The thing is, you will always have missions where there is the good, the mediocre and the down right bad. Just have to focus on the positives. Best solution is to team up with like minded individuals and play with them. A good working team makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Every time I get abused for 'over building' (some see any trap placements as this lol) I see it as a win. They can thank me after we win for my odd placements of wall launchers and love of gas traps.
                    If only I'd pause to think before typing .....

Comment

I main a constructor on xbone, and I can't say I've ever been blamed for other people's terrible forts. I've been horribly embarrassed for them, but never blamed.

I've got a friend that mains an outlander, so I'm not usually hurting for materials, and we spend probably half the match making fun of whatever the other players build, if they decide to cut in on my plates.

Communication is good and all, but some people are just idiots or just don't care.

Personally, I've encountered maybe 3 outlanders that do what they're supposed to so I can do what I'm supposed to. I wish there were some way to reward players that drop off materials or traps for the constructor, or who help build in an intelligent fashion, or otherwise play their role, besides the stupid thumbs up thing at the end of the match.

Comment

yeah i play powerbase Penny founder, and when i see someone doing their best on building, i rush to help aswell, usually upgrading walls to max and factoring trpas like a crazy *******! im a hoarder of items soo i dont care about burning mats xD

Comment

Only time I play constructor is when I get the daily to kill 500 husks with one or if i'm building up my SS. Much like I only play outlander when farming.

I only use my soldier or ninja for missions.

Comment

Im level 32 now and from start of the game i saw aprox. 5 builders build anything (one was just box on spawn where he stay whole game) and about 10 games where i wasn´t the one who build whole base.If i have enough resources i even slap few traps in those purple spawn zones or access paths ( becuase they doesn´t count for overbuild limit if they are far enough ). Ohh alomost forgot cases when ppl arrive in the middle of mission attack and overbuild your base ,thats also nice. Im hoping for friends to get this game to finally play some multiplayer in save the world :-(

Comment

I am guilty. I build as outlander.
                              But in 4 out of 5 matches I am the one even considering building something well thought. When I see someone else is building I just upgrade their walls or drop loot lamas right next to the building (sometimes even traps I have found while exploring). If I am not building I only set traps when the mission starts and there is no traps placed where husks are coming throug or as replacement for destroyed ones.

With lvl 39 I still encounter people in plankerton 34+ missions to build lvl 1 wood walls and try to block off the enemies instead of leading them trough a funnel and it can be super annoying edditing walls back to an open small wall so that the funnel I built is not blocked. I guess with randoms you will always see stuff like this. Sure the BASE Constructor would be the go to hero for building but so far I am happy if someone even builds something usefull. There are people out there which sabotage your build on purpos and leaving the game after farming, which annoys me atm the most (I dont mind farming, but leaving a game is just.... yuck!)

Comment

Working...
                              X