Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it still completely cash shop dependent?

Collapse
X

Is it still completely cash shop dependent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it still completely cash shop dependent?

Stopped playing shortly after it came out when I realized the only way to get blueprints or anything is through the cash shop. Was thinkin about coming back, but is that still the case? Can you get blueprints and stuff in game now or is everything still heavily reliant on buying llamas?

I have a pile of legendaries and not paid for anything except the game.

I've got no idea why people are saying it's cash shop dependant, it isn't.

You get vbucks by playing the game if you do want llama's without spending but you get blueprints from quest rewards and in December you can upgrade hero rarity meaning if you only have a green hero you can get it to legendary.

What I want to know is why is it some of us have managed to progress just fine while others complain it's cash shop heavy?

Judging by your comment and quitting once even though quests gave out blueprints, yes it will still be cash shop heavy for you. Nothing has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakaze Taco View Post
      Was thinkin about coming back, but is that still the case?
      Depending on when you stopped playing you might be pleasantly surprised. The first buy 10 get 1 free "event" was indeed lame, but the events since have all had nice rewards tied to completing event quests... give it another shot, worse comes to worse you take another break and check back later.

Originally posted by Gomly1980 View Post
      What I want to know is why is it some of us have managed to progress just fine while others complain it's cash shop heavy?
      If you have a steady group to run with 99.9% of the quests are a cake walk, likewise if you happen to be very good at reading terrain and prep the defenses properly you'll have a very easy time making headway, and lastly Luck... you're very 1st llama could spit out the perfect weapon / hero / survivor combo you were hoping for... or you could drop $500 and have nothing but blues.

Comment

Originally posted by kakamouth View Post
        If you have a steady group to run with 99.9% of the quests are a cake walk, likewise if you happen to be very good at reading terrain and prep the defenses properly you'll have a very easy time making headway, and lastly Luck... you're very 1st llama could spit out the perfect weapon / hero / survivor combo you were hoping for... or you could drop $500 and have nothing but blues.
        I'm solo, I can't make groups. Only way for me to make a group is through PSN and last time I added people to PSN we had an issue with a bloke and my youngest daughter that ended up with Sony and authorities and a lot of stress so that aint ever happening again.

I can only play solo and i'm doing fine.

Blues don't matter, in December you'll be able to increase the rarity of hero's from common to legendary. It will probably take some time and grinding but it will be possible and down the line everything else will be the same.

I'm using the halloween legendary heroes and weapons with some blues and epics I found along the way. Before I got those I was using a blue soldier I started with.

In later zones you get legendary hero transforms. You also get vbucks from daily missions and SSD's as well as daily rewards giving legendary transforms, vbucks and schematics.

You don't need the perfect roll, that comes with time. You need enough to get by. It's those of you that want everything straight away that look at it as a cash shop heavy game while those of us not rushing to get everything straight away aren't having any problems.

Comment

Its still pure luck what you will get out of a lama. But game changed significant since early access start. The actual event is really great and you get a lot of stuff by just playing the game. Good heroes are available through the event, also legendaries.
          Doing dailie quests get incame cash and through that you can buy lamas. If you save for the good lamas you get a lot of good stuff without spending real money.
          But of course, if you want everything now you have to spend real bucks.

December update is coming and as mentioned above it hopefully brings a lot of good changes. We will see.

The game itself is still relaid on buying lamas but its not that heavy anymore than in the beginning. Legendary blueprints, heroes and survivors are still hard to get. Trying to get them through upgrade llamas will consume a lot of cash but waiting for legendary lamas makes it easier. If they are useful in the later game depends on luck.

I would say, give it a try again. Does not cost you anything but time and as long as you are rewarded with fun its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakaze Taco View Post
            Stopped playing shortly after it came out when I realized the only way to get blueprints or anything is through the cash shop. Was thinkin about coming back, but is that still the case? Can you get blueprints and stuff in game now or is everything still heavily reliant on buying llamas?
            Farming for vbucks is alot easier now and events llamas consistently give epic loot. there are also many event quests that give you pretty good blueprints. (the main game hasent improved much besids being able to get more vbucks. the reason- most likely BR) I also heard in december that the whole system is getting a substantial overhaul.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomly1980 View Post
              Only way for me to make a group is through PSN and last time I added people to PSN we had an issue with a bloke and my youngest daughter that ended up with Sony and authorities and a lot of stress so that aint ever happening again.
              Having a daughter of my own that's horrifying to hear... I hate feeling like I need to be right there with her or constantly checking in whenever my kid is playing online games. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

In later zones you get legendary hero transforms. You also get vbucks from daily missions and SSD's as well as daily rewards giving legendary transforms, vbucks and schematics.

You don't need the perfect roll, that comes with time. You need enough to get by. It's those of you that want everything straight away that look at it as a cash shop heavy game while those of us not rushing to get everything straight away aren't having any problems.
              I've always had miserable luck with the legendary transform keys, all three I've used since EA have spit out a duplicate of a hero I used in the process (I'm hoping they change that later down the road). Similarly, for whatever reason I seem to be flagged for nature weapons so late Plankerton was annoying to push through without friends. It's just RNG being RNG, but the point is we could have the same play style and skill level but still have very different play experiences based purely off of luck of the draw. I agree entirely with not needing perfect rolls to make headway, but I also understand when folks get frustrated with the llama system

Comment

this halloween event was the greatest thing that ever happened to this game. let me tell you why, every 10 successful missions, you get a free halloween llama. now what does that llama have? legendary heroes and survivors, yes it is pure luck based but i guess i could say im lucky but not really because i got a bunch of legendary heroes and survivors to the point i just put them in collection book and recycled the rest for exp. point im trying to make here is, if you only farmed as much as you could have possibly done during this event, you could have had all those legendaries instead of whining. this is probably the reason why devs did not release a christmas event (yet). they didnt expect how many players were willing to spend their whole november trying to get as much legendaries as they can for free. Mind you, 10 runs per llama and then some more cuz you get 250-750 candies if you complete certain quests related to the event. btw most of the missions (rescue the survivors and destroy the encampments) are easy to the point you have too much spare time to find boxes and some other resources throughout the map for your next mission

oh and btw, you dont have to get the weapon exclusive to the event. the community is not as toxic (yet) as how it usually is with other games. all you have to do is ask nicely and give the required parts to someone that has the schematics and they’ll craft you a fresh one. while I’m sure some won’t do it, I can guarantee you that most will.

Comment

I agree that Fortnitemares was pretty great on the loot / hero end. That Sarah Hotep is awesome IMO. Not digging Vindertech as much since I just completed the quests and still haven't had a drop with good stats.

To OP- I was initially hesitant on buying the game since I saw the same thing you're saying about it online.... I bit the bullet while it was on sale and I don't see what you're talking about. Yes, it does take TIME to acquire quality heros, traps and weapons - but you definitely don't have to pay for anything extra. The game isn't meant to be rushed and beat in a week. You log in daily to collect and use your research points (I max offense first), set up your squads properly, upgrade survivors according to play style (again, offense for me), don't waste XP on sub epic / legendary items, make sure you use your bonus XP and complete side quests / challenges / Even quests for V-bucks and chances of great schematic / hero drops. It's all about strategizing, taking your time and figuring out how the game works.

I've been playing since just before Fortnitemares started. I'm pretty happy with the items I've acquired. I could use a few more legendary traps with good stats and a good sniper rifle... but that's it. I'm set where I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X