X

Stop the malachite insanity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop the malachite insanity

Malachite needs to be removed as a drop from Twine Peaks. Nobody in Twine should need tier 3 ore, and if they do they should know where to find it. There is a finite amount of inventory space and even with down tier crafting it’s a hassle as at this point malachite is useless( read that as garbage). This all started back when the desert biome was brought in and every new zone has more and more. Looking forward to the new zones coming with higher amounts of tier 5, but let’s not overlook what’s right in front of us, I realize Epic has their hands full with STW bugwise and I am likely p I s s I n g up a flagpole but I feel better having put it out there and realize it is likely I will just have to keep throwing away endless stacks of the useless green rocks.

Malachite is fine in twine up to PL82 mission since that's the highest you can get a malachite weapon to. Any mission after PL82, I agree, there shouldn't be any malachite at all.
    XB - Ogi Zodiac

https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/lonesomesoul

Comment

• Pailzor commented
      Editing a comment
      @Jorgascul When you start to insult the intelligence of established members of the community, your credibility starts to break down. LonesomeSoul brings a valid point that power level is the universal stat Fortnite gives us to determine the usefulness of our items. If you don't agree with that, fine, but there's no need to be rude.

I do see his point, and I believe material tiers you find in missions is supposed to be an indicator of when you should start considering evolving your weapons, while materials for previous tiers are still available in case you haven't yet. It takes a lot of XP and evo materials to evolve all your schematics at once, so previous tier materials should be available for awhile, rather than being required to go back to the previous zones that won't fulfill your story quest requirements. Again, like LonesomeSoul says, this should be extremely rare past power 82 missions (like previous-tier materials being found in random searchables only, as seems to happen in previous zones).

• Jorgsacul commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t insult anybody by stating his lack of a grasp on the concept. Furthermore I genuinely don’t care what you think of my credibility I’m not running for office. If you have hurt feelings over something that small maybe the internet isn’t for you. As for you agreeing somehow giving it relevance at one time people agreed the world was flat until one guy didn’t. Who was right?
      Last edited by Jorgsacul; 04-18-2019, 05:03 PM.

• Jorgsacul commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice of you to offer me council as if you in any way matter. I even ended with we all have our own opinions and moved on so be careful of that moral high ground there mother hen it’s a long fall.

But it's green and shiny! (and a waste of space, but it's not easy being green)
    I wish Save the World had a Poop Emoji Gun to shoot people who beg for resources...Go Farm!

https://fortnitedb.com/v2/en/profile/spain246
    https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/spain246

Comment

• spain246 commented
      Editing a comment
      I still love getting level 1 and 2 powders, gears, and rope in Twine. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with it. I think I may make a collage from the pieces and sell them on Etsy.

• Jorgsacul commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the RP genius that put rusty mechanical parts in every searchable washer and dryer in the game because obviously they were wet and would clearly be rusted even in level 100 missions needs to get a doctor with thumbs the size of boat oars for his next prostate exam, but as an aside Etsy may be a good call maybe something like wind chimes or dream catchers...

• Pailzor commented
      Editing a comment
      @Jorgascul As well as every SS having only first-tier materials anywhere.

Gotta agree, its quite frustrating getting Malachite from Twine when i don't even need it (I have around 2k Mala, i have 0 use for it nor do i craft 82's). It's quite difficult to farm Sunbeam, Bright and Shadowshard. Yet Obsidian and Mala is so incredibly common, it feels like it takes years just to get a few bits of ores nowadays due to the sheer amount of Mala you get from higher level missions. They need to remove it from Twine, if you want Mala you can easily farm Plankerton and Canny for it. Just quite annoying.

Comment

I agree with you except once you in twine u will be swimming in shadow but if you in need for mal then just do expeditions for mal I got too much tbh with you. Agree wit the OP. We
      dont need mal above 76. I can’t wait for the twine peaks renovations and can someone educate me because I have to ask what the heck is twine peaks scaling? That’s what we are getting next week.
      Food for thought good players play STW and everyone else let STW play them.
      https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/carolinakingme

Comment

• bhale187 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scaling; sounds to me like they are going to make Twine harder, I guess to encourage more building and trapping?

• Jorgsacul commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they are just going to tune up the husks rather than open a new zone.

• Boolah Boogie commented
        Editing a comment
        The game is too ez atm. Also inflated noobs ruin high level pug games coz they only know plankereton and had massive boosts to get them through canny.

I thought they had already started "Twine Peaks Scaling" by forcing everyone to solo every mission on private because with the new update "fix", you can't join 90% of the missions...but I digress...I'll just go back to making Etsy collectibles with my Level 1 and 2 Rusty mechanical parts and dirty twine.

As an aside, I wouldn't recommend smoking the Level 1 Twine. I hear when you do, you keep seeing Pink BR Pandas running around...and not in a good way.
      I wish Save the World had a Poop Emoji Gun to shoot people who beg for resources...Go Farm!

https://fortnitedb.com/v2/en/profile/spain246
      https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/spain246

Comment

This situation can easily be avoided if they made a crafting machine in the lobby that lets you convert lower tier materials into higher tier ones. This would make collecting materials less of a pain in the butt, sometimes we go to low level areas to get the Vs and are afraid of touching anything there because you get materials that are useless to you, having a machine that converts things would help remedy the situation. Basically have a transform option for materials aswell, that requires using other materials of lower tiers.

I have like 3k malachite, sometimes i end up using a bunch of them on tier 82 weapons to try them out and drop them to random players, sometimes i drop 200 stacks aswell. Shadow and obsidian is also getting out of hand for me, i have like 1.5k of each, now the current highest tier of materials, those are slow to farm... I have close to 200 of each at best, it takes ages to make a stack

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgsacul View Post
          Doesn’t work that way, there is no 106 zone and when there is 106 won’t be the gun of choice. You are mixing tiers with actual levels, tier 3 has no place in Twine even at 76. The more realistic argument is it has no place in level 70 canny either. To your point can you use a level 82 in and 82 zone sure, you can probably use a 58 with my fort stats and abilities, usefulness isn’t the point, it does not belong there and eats a placeholder for more useful zone appropriate items.
          It actually does work exactly that way.

Stonewood - Copper \ Silver
          Plankerton - Copper \ Silver
          Canny valley - Silver \ Malachite \ Shadowshard
          Twine - Malachite \ Shadowshard \ Sunbeam

The problem with twine is there actually is not enough mission nodes compared to the other 3 regions.
          It is only slightly bigger than Plankerton but contains 3 crafting materials.

Which is why there is an over saturation with Malachite upto 84.
          Shadowshard and Sunbeam are squashed together in 90 - 100

If you need 106 weapons at level 70... it literally means you have 110% no idea what you are doing.
          I can run power level 90 missions with Tier 3 easily.

Comment

• Pailzor commented
            Editing a comment
            That "table" isn't entirely accurate in my experience. For example, Plankerton is mainly Silver, but has rare Copper in low missions and rare Malachite in high missions. All the zones seem to follow this trend.

• Jorgsacul commented
            Editing a comment
            I am talking about the original tier table, as well as how damage scaling works with mobs. The mobs out grow weapons for example 130s against 120 mobs are ineffective. Thank you though for offering your thoughts based on your information, the problem is you like a couple others here have no idea what I’m actually talking about. Please don’t let that hurt your feelings I’m terribly concerned about my credibility.

Watch for "Brightcore Mountain" in the next update, (nothing too challenging for the "want it all" BR players). Malachite is green and shiny, I drop a stack of my infinite nuts and bolts and make room. Wonder if I'll ever need my moonglow, spectrolite orspectral mineral powder

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus9860 View Post
            This situation can easily be avoided if they made a crafting machine in the lobby that lets you convert lower tier materials into higher tier ones. This would make collecting materials less of a pain in the butt, sometimes we go to low level areas to get the Vs and are afraid of touching anything there because you get materials that are useless to you, having a machine that converts things would help remedy the situation. Basically have a transform option for materials aswell, that requires using other materials of lower tiers.

I
            During the beta that was an actual thing, it was glorious. Half the time I was converting stuff into planks and ore though lol ^^ I'm still sad they decided it was overpowered and removed it. You could convert up, or down, so malachite into n&bs for example.

This was during the time where you used to be able to make potions, based on your commander level. Can't remember then all but some were health, regeneration, build cost reduction, speed.
            Honey was a crafting mat for some of the potions.

I suddenly feel old. lol

Comment

Originally posted by The_Urgist View Post

During the beta that was an actual thing, it was glorious. Half the time I was converting stuff into planks and ore though lol ^^ I'm still sad they decided it was overpowered and removed it. You could convert up, or down, so malachite into n&bs for example.

This was during the time where you used to be able to make potions, based on your commander level. Can't remember then all but some were health, regeneration, build cost reduction, speed.

I suddenly feel old. lol
              Sounds like fun actually. Would like to have it in some sort in game for the depth. But seeing how epic doesn't care about STW...I suddenly feel sad

Comment

If I go down to Stonewood or plankerton for a mission I usually drop those mats if I think about it. Otherwise I destroy them when I’m moving stuff around and recycling weapons/traps I pulled from chests in previous missions.

220 backpack slots, 160 storage slots; and I am dropping or destroying 3rd tier mats like mal constantly to make room for 4 and 5 star trap mats. It’s annoying but I’m used to it I guess.
                https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/Bhale187%20

https://fortnitedb.com/v2/en/profile/Bhale187

Comment

What is weird for me is that once I hit PL131, I am actually crafting/using more lvl82 weapons now. I will use the lvl 106/130 for 88+ missions, but the God-rolled 82's do just fine (melt) up to 88...so I am finally burning through lots of Malachite.
                  ==========================================
                  SexyDexxy PL131
                  https://v2.fortnitedb.com/en/profile/SexyDexxy
                  https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/SexyDexxy
                  ==========================================
                  “Go steal your momma's credit cards and stop ruining STW for the rest of us!” -sly gumbi

Comment

• bhale187 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe I should try that instead of trashing my 3 star mats. I usually run 106 everything but when I do my SSDs or PL100 4x missions I use 130s.
                    I don’t use my weapons a lot anyway so 82s would probably last a long time, 106s last me a few days of 5-10 missions a day.

So I still think I’d be dropping or destroying a lot of them. I’ve got more shadow and obsidian than I could ever use.

Originally posted by The_Urgist View Post

I suddenly feel old. lol
                  Wow, i literally had no clue that the game was that different in the past...

Some of the recent changes are welcoming but if they removed features like that from the game, it is actually downgrading the potential of the game.

It isn't rocket science, they could have made the convertion rates a bit absurd, something like 3 tier 1 materials for 1 tier 2 material, repeat this process untill you reach max tier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgsacul View Post
                    Malachite needs to be removed as a drop from Twine Peaks. Nobody in Twine should need tier 3 ore, and if they do they should know where to find it. There is a finite amount of inventory space and even with down tier crafting it’s a hassle as at this point malachite is useless( read that as garbage). This all started back when the desert biome was brought in and every new zone has more and more. Looking forward to the new zones coming with higher amounts of tier 5, but let’s not overlook what’s right in front of us, I realize Epic has their hands full with STW bugwise and I am likely p I s s I n g up a flagpole but I feel better having put it out there and realize it is likely I will just have to keep throwing away endless stacks of the useless green rocks.
                    Dude i get what you mean but for me im too good for my level im pl 75 stuck in canny because i quit for a while and i get plenty of shadowshard and obsidian. i get a lot of malachite aswell but if you keep crafting 82s and forcing yourself to use them you will be fine. i also think the insanity is for sturdy mechanical parts aswell because im slowly but surely running out of sleek mechanical parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X