X

Why the Difference in Recycling at SSD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the Difference in Recycling at SSD?

I just tested the difference in recycling a dozen looted traps in my inventory and placing then destroying them in in my SSD. The SSD yeild for what I tracked is in yellow. Apologies for the scribbling but the screen grab app only had a pen tool.

Click image for larger version  Name:	recycle.PNG Views:	1 Size:	247.3 KB ID:	1096476

Prior to this I new there was a difference but just not how big a difference! Why does Epic make us have start up an SSD session just to get a decent return on our loot?
    Last edited by KhaoTong; 04-18-2019, 08:02 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how well you play the bird is going to $**t on the board and strut around like it won."

Simple answer: Recycling via placing traps and destroying in a SSD is not a specifically intended option, it was tacked on at some stage because people complained about wasted trap mats. As such it's not directly balanced. The devs keep forgetting that people Will find unexpected ways to game the system. ^^

As to in-game explanation, it's also fairly simple, recycling away from your base of operations is less efficient, so you get less. When at base you can focus more and thereby get better returns on disassembling the traps.

Yes I know it's not quite right, disassembly by destruction should be worse than carefully taking them apart by hand.

I think the best thing for Epic to do is to unify the recycle quantities **a bit higher** than we had before on normal recycling.

Comment

I think the SSD recycling returns are actually spot on after all they are pristine new traps and actually make the trap expeditions worthwhile now, just wish I could get that return at homebase.
      "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how well you play the bird is going to $**t on the board and strut around like it won."

Comment

Working...
      X