Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited Ed Founder Q's- Legendary Bundle pick delay,Founder gear, Steam, Linux + more

Collapse
X

Limited Ed Founder Q's- Legendary Bundle pick delay,Founder gear, Steam, Linux + more

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Ed Founder Q's- Legendary Bundle pick delay,Founder gear, Steam, Linux + more

Hello everyone. Seeing the discount on Fortnite I decided to finally pull the trigger and pick up the title. I figured I'd pick up the Limited Edition version since it was such a good price and came with lots of content. I have a number of questions and a couple suggestions that I'd appreciate if someone could look over - I am guessing others have run into the same issues or feel the same way.

Please keep in mind that I've thus far just played the PVE tutorial up until it started to grant me the various Early Access / Edition-linked bonus items.

1. First and foremost, I see that one of the Limited Edition's biggest perks is the availability of a Legendary Bundle granting 2 heroes + 1 weapon. There are 4 choices, one for each class. Unfortunately, it seems like the game wants to force me to pick immediately - there's no easy way (ie pressing esc) to back out of the selection! Given that I've not yet played with any other heroes except for the basic Soldier during the very first missions, I don't feel qualified to make a choice as of yet. I had thought the game would have let the user select the bundle/turn in the ticket as they wished, not unlike opening a Llama. Is there any way to get around this? I've considered simply force-closing the game which is "stuck" at the pick screen, but I want to ensure that it won't automatically pick for me or I lose the ticket entirely etc.. if I do t hat. In any event if any devs are reading, please do not force brand new players to choose these high end rewards immediately if they dojn't wish to do so! Lastly, are there any ways to unlock the Legendary heroes that you DO NOT choose later on? In chat someone suggested there as a pack available in the in-game store that offered all 4 or the remaining 3 Legendary packs from the Limited editions? Can a Limited Edition owner or other founder unlock these exact Legendary heroes/weapons through play, even if it takes longer?

2. I notice some of the reward weapons and schematics granted by the Founder packs after the first few seem to have the "copper" prefix which suggests to me a lower level of quality. What is the significance of the "copper" prefix? Is this something that can be upgraded in time? Or is it locked to forever be "copper"?

3. Regarding Loot Pinatas, I would appreciate clarification on the breakdown. I am to understand Limited Ed owners are granted 15 immediate Loot Pinata Packs - what sorts of Pinatas are these? There are also 12 Exclusive Founders Loot Pinata Packs - I am guessing these are a unique variation of pinata? Are they granted all at once immediately? The biggest question I have is about the 72 Daily Loot Pinata packs. What sorts of Pinatas are these and given that they are daily, I am guessing they are unlocked one per day? How exactly is this structured and is it cumulative? That is to say, if a player opens a llama on day 1, another shows up on day 2; However what if they do NOT open on day 1 - does that mean that the "day 1 llama" is still sitting there waiting until opened and day 2, 3, 4 etc.. are not added until day 1 is opened? Or is it simply one pinata is added to the player's inventory per calendar day since they purchased Fortnite, thus "stacking up" until opened? Lastly, I saw a player asking if later-coming players would not get the full benefit of the Daily Pinatas in the event Early Access ends before they get their full 72 etc... this isn't the case is it?

4. A small question but I am curious - Is it possible to rename your Homebase and if so where can one do so? If not, it would be a neat little feature to add, for streamers if noting else? Do other players or group members see your homebase name at any time?

5. Next, a request I am sure has been made before and I am unsure if there is an updated answer etc. Does Epic have any plans to bring Fortnite to Steam? If so, will existing account holders be granted a Steam key? I am guessing this may be the case once the base PvE game goes free to play or is out of EA? I can't tell you how many people have expressed to me they are interested in the game but are none to pleased with a separate launcher independent from Steam for a single / few games they wish to play. They certainly approve of how Epic brought Shadow Complex Remastered (fantastic metroidvania type title by the way) directly to Steam so it would be nice to see the same for Fortnite, complete with Steam features and whatnot. Of course, the in-game Store can still be used directly, as well as Epic also selling Founder's packs and whatnot through Steam etc. I would certainly like to see the option of a Steam client available for those who enjoy the platform

6. Lastly - I am greatly a fan of how the Unreal Engine is being supported under the Linux operating system. Linux is my OS of preference and I was wondering if there are plans to bring Fortnite to Linux ? I am guessing that underlying engine being Linux friendly is a plus and Epic themselves has top to bottom control of the title, so it seems feasible with no obvious blockers like using incompatible middleware. Especially looking to compete with other titles (including BattleRoyal say...vs PUBG ), I can see great advantages in rolling out Fortnite on Linux. This wider audience of highly motivated and responsive testers could make the porting process even easier, as Linux users are often both more technical and more willing to invest time and effort to help a title arrive on their platform. Especially given Fortnite not only being ported to Mac (which closes the gap so to speak toward a Linux release) but also the more expensive and proprietary Xbox / Playstation console platforms, it seems like much of the multiplatform work has been done all ready! Linux gaming is growing and sites like Phoronix and GamingOnLinux do much to showcase games that support the platform. Even if Fortnite may not be ported until Early Access is complete, simply an announcement that a client is in the works would be greatly appreciated by the Linux preferring community. Linux

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Thank you for offering a forum that saves and restores post content! It just saved me from having to type all this out again!

Originally posted by RanceJustice View Post
    Hello everyone. Seeing the discount on Fortnite I decided to finally pull the trigger and pick up the title. I figured I'd pick up the Limited Edition version since it was such a good price and came with lots of content. I have a number of questions and a couple suggestions that I'd appreciate if someone could look over - I am guessing others have run into the same issues or feel the same way.

Please keep in mind that I've thus far just played the PVE tutorial up until it started to grant me the various Early Access / Edition-linked bonus items.

1. First and foremost, I see that one of the Limited Edition's biggest perks is the availability of a Legendary Bundle granting 2 heroes + 1 weapon. There are 4 choices, one for each class. Unfortunately, it seems like the game wants to force me to pick immediately - there's no easy way (ie pressing esc) to back out of the selection! Given that I've not yet played with any other heroes except for the basic Soldier during the very first missions, I don't feel qualified to make a choice as of yet. I had thought the game would have let the user select the bundle/turn in the ticket as they wished, not unlike opening a Llama. Is there any way to get around this? I've considered simply force-closing the game which is "stuck" at the pick screen, but I want to ensure that it won't automatically pick for me or I lose the ticket entirely etc.. if I do t hat. In any event if any devs are reading, please do not force brand new players to choose these high end rewards immediately if they dojn't wish to do so! Lastly, are there any ways to unlock the Legendary heroes that you DO NOT choose later on? In chat someone suggested there as a pack available in the in-game store that offered all 4 or the remaining 3 Legendary packs from the Limited editions? Can a Limited Edition owner or other founder unlock these exact Legendary heroes/weapons through play, even if it takes longer?

2. I notice some of the reward weapons and schematics granted by the Founder packs after the first few seem to have the "copper" prefix which suggests to me a lower level of quality. What is the significance of the "copper" prefix? Is this something that can be upgraded in time? Or is it locked to forever be "copper"?

3. Regarding Loot Pinatas, I would appreciate clarification on the breakdown. I am to understand Limited Ed owners are granted 15 immediate Loot Pinata Packs - what sorts of Pinatas are these? There are also 12 Exclusive Founders Loot Pinata Packs - I am guessing these are a unique variation of pinata? Are they granted all at once immediately? The biggest question I have is about the 72 Daily Loot Pinata packs. What sorts of Pinatas are these and given that they are daily, I am guessing they are unlocked one per day? How exactly is this structured and is it cumulative? That is to say, if a player opens a llama on day 1, another shows up on day 2; However what if they do NOT open on day 1 - does that mean that the "day 1 llama" is still sitting there waiting until opened and day 2, 3, 4 etc.. are not added until day 1 is opened? Or is it simply one pinata is added to the player's inventory per calendar day since they purchased Fortnite, thus "stacking up" until opened? Lastly, I saw a player asking if later-coming players would not get the full benefit of the Daily Pinatas in the event Early Access ends before they get their full 72 etc... this isn't the case is it?

4. A small question but I am curious - Is it possible to rename your Homebase and if so where can one do so? If not, it would be a neat little feature to add, for streamers if noting else? Do other players or group members see your homebase name at any time?

5. Next, a request I am sure has been made before and I am unsure if there is an updated answer etc. Does Epic have any plans to bring Fortnite to Steam? If so, will existing account holders be granted a Steam key? I am guessing this may be the case once the base PvE game goes free to play or is out of EA? I can't tell you how many people have expressed to me they are interested in the game but are none to pleased with a separate launcher independent from Steam for a single / few games they wish to play. They certainly approve of how Epic brought Shadow Complex Remastered (fantastic metroidvania type title by the way) directly to Steam so it would be nice to see the same for Fortnite, complete with Steam features and whatnot. Of course, the in-game Store can still be used directly, as well as Epic also selling Founder's packs and whatnot through Steam etc. I would certainly like to see the option of a Steam client available for those who enjoy the platform

6. Lastly - I am greatly a fan of how the Unreal Engine is being supported under the Linux operating system. Linux is my OS of preference and I was wondering if there are plans to bring Fortnite to Linux ? I am guessing that underlying engine being Linux friendly is a plus and Epic themselves has top to bottom control of the title, so it seems feasible with no obvious blockers like using incompatible middleware. Especially looking to compete with other titles (including BattleRoyal say...vs PUBG ), I can see great advantages in rolling out Fortnite on Linux. This wider audience of highly motivated and responsive testers could make the porting process even easier, as Linux users are often both more technical and more willing to invest time and effort to help a title arrive on their platform. Especially given Fortnite not only being ported to Mac (which closes the gap so to speak toward a Linux release) but also the more expensive and proprietary Xbox / Playstation console platforms, it seems like much of the multiplatform work has been done all ready! Linux gaming is growing and sites like Phoronix and GamingOnLinux do much to showcase games that support the platform. Even if Fortnite may not be ported until Early Access is complete, simply an announcement that a client is in the works would be greatly appreciated by the Linux preferring community. Linux

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Thank you for offering a forum that saves and restores post content! It just saved me from having to type all this out again!
    Question 1) Good choices are the Ninja and Soldier. I play a constructor and I didn't see a huge difference between the legendary constructors and the pretty blue one I got at the start. I'm not sure about Outlander, but I know others I play with were happy with thier Ninjas or Soldier picks.

Question 2) All weapon schematics start out at copper. This is a tier system. Copper is found in the first area Stonewood, and low level plankerton. Silver is found in plankerton. Malachite is in 40+ missions in Plankerton and Canny Valley. You get the idea. You upgrade your traps with schematic HP and evolve them into better and better traps

Question 3) Upgrade Pinatas and daily pinatas, which basically means you get a bunch of random loot. Now is a good time to open them because you are supposed to get event tickets.

Question 4) You have to email customer support, not sure if you can change your Homebase.

Question 5) They haven't mentioned anything about Steam.

Question 6) I have no idea about the Linux thing, try posting that in the Feedback forum section.

Let us know if you have any questions

Comment

Originally posted by Gennye View Post

Question 1) Good choices are the Ninja and Soldier. I play a constructor and I didn't see a huge difference between the legendary constructors and the pretty blue one I got at the start. I'm not sure about Outlander, but I know others I play with were happy with thier Ninjas or Soldier picks.

Question 2) All weapon schematics start out at copper. This is a tier system. Copper is found in the first area Stonewood, and low level plankerton. Silver is found in plankerton. Malachite is in 40+ missions in Plankerton and Canny Valley. You get the idea. You upgrade your traps with schematic HP and evolve them into better and better traps

Question 3) Upgrade Pinatas and daily pinatas, which basically means you get a bunch of random loot. Now is a good time to open them because you are supposed to get event tickets.

Question 4) You have to email customer support, not sure if you can change your Homebase.

Question 5) They haven't mentioned anything about Steam.

Question 6) I have no idea about the Linux thing, try posting that in the Feedback forum section.

Let us know if you have any questions
      Great thanks for your help so far! Anyone else who can chime in is welcome!

1. I've been considering Ninja and Soldier myself, but without any game experience its hard to judge. I really hope Epic allows players the chance to delay the choice until later somehow. I've heard players discussing that there is actually an "Ultimate" pack that shows up exclusively within the in-game store if you have the Limited Edition itself. Supposedly upgrading to Ultimate will grant you all 4 (or the other 3 you didn't choose) Legendary Founder Bundles plus other content, and supposedly has a normal price of $100? That seems really quite steep especially for someone who already bought the highest Limited edition of the game, but I dont;' know the full content of the Ultimate upgrade either. Does it go on sale?

2. Thanks that really helps. So Schematics can all start at Copper but if you use Schematic XP and advance them along they'll evolve into Silver, etc... ? What about the weapons/traps etc.. themselves? Can you upgrade a Copper pistol into a Silver one somehow (maybe you need a Silver schematic for that pistol etc.)?

3. Do you know if the Daily pinatas "stack", so if you go away from the game for a week you'd come back with 7 Daily pinatas waiting for you? Thanks for the info about the Event Tickets - its really important to know that opening pinatas of any type during the event will potentially grant event tickets!

4. Ah I may just have to do that and call CS. Though if any other players know, please post! Know if the Homebase name shows up anywhere in game visible to you and/or your teammates? It seems like something that should be changed at will, much like the base Banner.

5. Ah well, maybe I'll have to take this over to Feedback and hope they' know of the interest in bringing the title to Steam. I wonder if there's a single megathread on the topic...

6. Thanks anyway but you're right, maybe I should make a Feedback topic. Perhaps there should be a semi-official Linux request thread.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by RanceJustice View Post

Great thanks for your help so far! Anyone else who can chime in is welcome!

1. I've been considering Ninja and Soldier myself, but without any game experience its hard to judge. I really hope Epic allows players the chance to delay the choice until later somehow. I've heard players discussing that there is actually an "Ultimate" pack that shows up exclusively within the in-game store if you have the Limited Edition itself. Supposedly upgrading to Ultimate will grant you all 4 (or the other 3 you didn't choose) Legendary Founder Bundles plus other content, and supposedly has a normal price of $100? That seems really quite steep especially for someone who already bought the highest Limited edition of the game, but I dont;' know the full content of the Ultimate upgrade either. Does it go on sale?

2. Thanks that really helps. So Schematics can all start at Copper but if you use Schematic XP and advance them along they'll evolve into Silver, etc... ? What about the weapons/traps etc.. themselves? Can you upgrade a Copper pistol into a Silver one somehow (maybe you need a Silver schematic for that pistol etc.)?

3. Do you know if the Daily pinatas "stack", so if you go away from the game for a week you'd come back with 7 Daily pinatas waiting for you? Thanks for the info about the Event Tickets - its really important to know that opening pinatas of any type during the event will potentially grant event tickets!

4. Ah I may just have to do that and call CS. Though if any other players know, please post! Know if the Homebase name shows up anywhere in game visible to you and/or your teammates? It seems like something that should be changed at will, much like the base Banner.

5. Ah well, maybe I'll have to take this over to Feedback and hope they' know of the interest in bringing the title to Steam. I wonder if there's a single megathread on the topic...

6. Thanks anyway but you're right, maybe I should make a Feedback topic. Perhaps there should be a semi-official Linux request thread.

Thanks again everyone!
        Question 1) Theres a sale going on right now. Honestly, I wouldn't buy the ultimate pack. You have the ability to do missions for gold, and turn that gold into Flux to upgrade the rarity on Heros. Best ratio is to use it on an Epic (purple) Hero and upgrade it to Legendary. The ultimate edition was great at the start of the game, because you were guarenteed a legendary, and now its really only useful for the extra pinatas and exclusive skin.

Question 2) All schematics start at copper...toss some schematic exp to get them to lvl 10, then evolve them using rain drops and schematic designs that you get from completing missions. Now the schematic is silver. You spend more schematic exp and lvl it to 20. Evolve again to 3, now its a malachite schem. (DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU ARE IN CANNY, Malachite is uncommon in Plankerton and you COULD end up with a weapon/trap you can't craft because malachite is not plentiful). Trap and weapon evolutions are purchasable skills in your skill tree.

Question 3) its based on log in. You will get X amount of pinatas upon purchase. Then you will get 1 pinata per day that you log in until you reach the max number of pinatas your edition gives you.

Comment

The founder Constructor easily has the best stats from the four choices. Honestly, the ninja looks cool (I guess) but it's not he best. The others are decent.

The Constructor is a mix of Power and Mega BASE which are the best two types.

Comment

i have a fairly simple question which i havent been able to find an answer to is there a possibilty of getting the exclusive heroes out of llamas i want t make sure before i buy the ultimate upgrade

Comment

Theres NO chance to get them from any other source except the Founders Pack! Theyre exclusive.

Comment

Working...
              X