Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to learn to pull their own weight in missions.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must be new here. Welcome to fFortnite

Comment

I think the same thing whenever I get the highest scores in everthing including damage and I play an outlander

Comment

As a constructor I couldn't agree more. I am tired of spending all my resources with little to no help while I build the base just to have a ninja come over and destroy a wall so he can modify it his way when I am done leveling everything to tier three...

Comment

This picture proves nothing. The person could of joined late, could of contributed by dropping mats, or covering a side that had less husks then the other sides but still needed defending. They may not have built much as seen everyone else had it covered or built lots in tier 1 mats only for others to upgrade (giving them a higher score). They may not have good traps, seen others were better and decided not to place their own.

The only thing it does prove is that some people equate end score as total contribution to a mission. This is not only short sighted but incorrect. Many times I've had team members with very low end score but they have been the most helpful and valuable members of the team. Contribution is many different things, least of all end score.

With the levels of those you consider to be contributing I am totally shocked it failed on the 2nd night. We do it with 3 people, ranging from 78-86 and don't fail. But we are a team that work well together and also make defenses to the best of our abilities. The strategies we use help us achieve a win. Hope you get a win next time.

While it is frustrating to lose in STS, it should be treated as a lesson in what not to do next time and make you think on better ways to create trap tunnels etc.

All the best on future husk extermination ventures.
          If only I'd pause to think before typing .....

Comment

I was doing a lower STS and found myself the only one building. Was on 3 of us. One guy had is mic but sounded foreign and his chatacter hardly moved unless husks came to him. Then we had a low player that just hid in the barn.

so i destroyed all i built, let them come and then left. Lazy cucks

Comment

On Ps4 ive been seeing alot of players going afk in caves etc and letting everyone else do the work for them alot lately. Not sure what the devs can really do about it though. Reporting them probably wont work because for all the devs know the player might of had to run off to do something important no way to prove they were leeching.

Comment

I've only made it as far as Plankerton on PVE so far but I can't recall a single mission where at least one person hasn't pulled their weight, been AFK, or just looted and refused to assist with anything mission related.

It's making me worried as I get further on in the game and things become more challenging that I'll just be stuck on the same missions with people not helping. It's okay for now, in Stonewood I could completed just about every mission solo, but as I hit the harder areas I'm going to get destroyed. Or just young kids spamming the chat asking for free stuff.

Comment

Yeah, you will run into people who are gold medal winners on the Olympic Standing-there team. It’s the same concept of BR with team killing, you don’t know who’s going to be on your side or their side when you play and take your chances with random players. My favorite still are the ones with all zeroes for scores that spent the mission spinning in a circle.

I’m up to Canny and it’s hit or miss for players. Some days are really good, others not so much.

and what’s up with everyone asking to be handed guns/items now in global chat lately??

Comment

The people spinning in a circle are using a rubber-band to appear active though I don't think Fortnite has an idle kick, but a lot of games do so rubber-banding allows them to avoid the idle kick.

There has been a bug with inventories deleting could be part of it, but people have always wanted something for nothing so not a shocker anyway.

This happens because rewards are the same for everybody if there was no incentive to idle they're less likely to do so. If they literally got nothing for it due to hitting a minimum contribution or something. Minimum contributions would have it's number of flaws as well and could screw over those that actually contribute, but are late to join, those who disconnected and rejoined with a poor score, or simply those that would have contributed, but the rest of the team got there first like Encampments which can easily be beaten before a Constructor can run across the entire map. If it was based on score people could pointless build structures before they left the game to inflate build score, join and then create traps but not use them to inflate utility score and/or just kill patrols without contributing to any objective to inflate their combat score. The worst are the under-leveled leeches who don't even contribute a fair amount of party stats to the team. Just report them and move on though complaining will get you nowhere or potentially introduce a number of other problems.

Comment

• Brackarn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fortnite does have an idle kick. It's about 10 minutes from what I've heard, but that might not be 100% accurate. I've been called away while in my stormshield and have returned maybe 10 minutes late to see a message stating that I've been kicked for being idle.

• Dwlr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ah well then rubber banding required not like it changes anything, but thanks for the info all the same.

Luckily, I've been seeing significantly less of this the deeper I get into Canny. The mission difficulty often means if someone is not contributing, you are probably going to fail. Especially if you don't have a full party.
                    Fortnite: Heroes try to Save the World, not play Dress Up Royale.

Comment

• Mikel64 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Had one bad night with several loot and booters, farmed then left the mission. Had to start asking if they planned on doing the mission or just looting. Thankfully most nights are pretty good for canny players.

You should be thankful there's no 0's there. Everyone could spam dragon slash but that isn't always the most useful thing to do so numbers can be misleading. For example a constructor stopping a smasher from destroying walls using bull rush can be more useful than an extra dragon slash even though the dragon slash will always out damage the bull rush.

Comment

Originally posted by sowhereaminow View Post
                      Luckily, I've been seeing significantly less of this the deeper I get into Canny. The mission difficulty often means if someone is not contributing, you are probably going to fail. Especially if you don't have a full party.
                      That's not true, you can still Solo in Canny and there are plenty of leechers in high Canny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwlr View Post

That's not true, you can still Solo in Canny and there are plenty of leechers in high Canny.
                        Sorry you've been seeing this. I guess I've been more fortunate.

Fortnite: Heroes try to Save the World, not play Dress Up Royale.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrothegamerpro
                          Hey I need help with this fortnite booter he said he will ban me from fortnite for no reason plz help me I'll tell you his xbox one gamertag rexyboyy is a booter plz report this to xbox ASAP thank you
                          Report the player in-game and leave the mission.
                          They cannot do anything to your account.
                          --Retired-- CM

See a thread or post that violates the [URL="https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements/90-fortnite-forum-rules"]forum guidelines[/URL]? Please flag it to help out the Community Moderators. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X