Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there any way to increase stamina/stamina regen.?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there is a way to increase it by like a tiny amount using a ninja in one of the slots but that is almost nothing.
    are there any other ways to increase the stamina? I spend most of my time running around, and by the time I want to double jump or use a skill, I have no more stamina to do anything

Common ninja problems. Except for your supportheroes and your own heroes skills, there is no way to increase your stamina or stamina regeneration. At least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimassus View Post
      Common ninja problems. Except for your supportheroes and your own heroes skills, there is no way to increase your stamina or stamina regeneration. At least for now.
      wow this blows. I can almost never double jump or anything

Comment

Exactly. I hate playing Ninjas just because of that. And of course, they dont do that much damage in late game. Anyways, there are a few i really like. like the shuriken master or the energythief. And Sarah Clause, she has some serious heal skills!

Comment

there are some ninjas that have skills that lessen the stamina cost of either dragon blade or double jump(i can't remember which) though it could be that there are some that reduce the cost for each(which might be why i can't remember which)

but yeah, it would be nice to be able to increase stamina/stam regen for the ninjas

Comment

The Caffeine High support ability and Energy Thief support ability, but you can decrease the cost of Mantis Jump. If they increased the regen for Ninjas it'd make Energy Thief moot and it'd help propel them above other Ninjas. If you compare their energy cost to other abilities of other class you'll see that Ninja actually have it the best in terms of skills as is, just getting greedy asking for an increase to their regeneration without considering that they already have short cooldowns and for the same cost other classes can't compete with their effectiveness of abilities. 3 second cooldown on Shuriken for the Shuriken Master and a 10 second cooldown for Dragon Slash compare base Dragon Slash to a base Frag and then try to argue that it's a problem with the Ninja for roughly the same cost and a 25 second cooldown you also have a much less effective skill. Mantis Leap is expensive, but that's a problem with Mantis Leap not something to request better energy economy just for the Ninja.

Mantis Leap being on a certain cooldown, but being free would be a better ask and even then it's a little sketchy since if you weren't paying an arm and leg for it Mantis Leap is a pretty useful ability, but it shouldn't be 50 energy when running OUTSIDE OF COMBAT still costs energy. If they just change the cost to run when nobody is aggro'd on you then a lot of the traversal complaints would be fixed, you could get from point A to point B quite a bit faster even if you stopped and killed enemies that aggro you to keep your sprint cost free and that's a solution that'd benefit everybody not just selfishly asking to benefit a singular class that you happen to be playing as.

Comment

No stamina burn if no aggro would be a serious benefit to slowpoke constructors too. I hate playing them on missions I need to travel like encampments. I always get stuck with the encampments popping up on the opposite side of the map. By the time I get there the others have torn up the encampment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel64 View Post
                No stamina burn if no aggro would be a serious benefit to slowpoke constructors too. I hate playing them on missions I need to travel like encampments. I always get stuck with the encampments popping up on the opposite side of the map. By the time I get there the others have torn up the encampment.
                Like I said it'd benefit every class and it's really mostly a quality of life change, since they could leave stamina cost in combat and not have it directly affect combat. Yes it would reduce the Outlander a bit since his traversal is more about hopping resource to resource than the Ninja's slight speed allowing Melee backpeddling where other classes can't or have a harder time doing so. It'd help avoid the issues with people not being able to reach a drone, it'd help people reach the encampments, it'd be a nice quality of life for defense missions effectively cutting the time you need to gather your resources cutting the total time it takes to finish them since people like to over farm there. All heroes have energy issues and the Ninjas notice it because they have low cooldowns to spam their skills more readily and the players of Ninjas want to complain about their energy economy when the Ninja skills are just as good if not better for the energy cost and with lower cooldowns than the other classes. Dragon Slash base vs Frag Grenade without Keep Out is no contest yet Dragon Slash has a 10 second cooldown and costs 5 more energy, Frags have a 15 second LONGER cooldown are less effective and only 5 energy cheaper, but the Ninja spamming Dragon Slash feels somehow feels slighted.

Base you gain roughly 5 energy per second and there is a delay before energy regens after using a skill, but it's less than second. 5 energy per second with a 10 second cooldown means you can use another Dragon Slash when the cooldown is over. (The delay is about .6 seconds so you're 2-3 energy short when the cooldown is actually over if you want to get picky). Shuriken have a 6 second base cooldown and cost 30 energy so the same is true there on Shuriken Master they have 15 energy cost and 3 second cooldown. (I bring up shuriken master since I've seen posts complaining about how they supposedly can't use Shuriken when the cooldown is over because of the energy cost claiming a Frag Grenade's cooldown will be over before they have enough energy to throw another Shuriken, which is just so absurd I had to mention it here.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dwlr View Post

Like I said it'd benefit every class and it's really mostly a quality of life change, since they could leave stamina cost in combat and not have it directly affect combat. Yes it would reduce the Outlander a bit since his traversal is more about hopping resource to resource than the Ninja's slight speed allowing Melee backpeddling where other classes can't or have a harder time doing so. It'd help avoid the issues with people not being able to reach a drone, it'd help people reach the encampments, it'd be a nice quality of life for defense missions effectively cutting the time you need to gather your resources cutting the total time it takes to finish them since people like to over farm there. All heroes have energy issues and the Ninjas notice it because they have low cooldowns to spam their skills more readily and the players of Ninjas want to complain about their energy economy when the Ninja skills are just as good if not better for the energy cost and with lower cooldowns than the other classes. Dragon Slash base vs Frag Grenade without Keep Out is no contest yet Dragon Slash has a 10 second cooldown and costs 5 more energy, Frags have a 15 second LONGER cooldown are less effective and only 5 energy cheaper, but the Ninja spamming Dragon Slash feels somehow feels slighted.

Base you gain roughly 5 energy per second and there is a delay before energy regens after using a skill, but it's less than second. 5 energy per second with a 10 second cooldown means you can use another Dragon Slash when the cooldown is over. (The delay is about .6 seconds so you're 2-3 energy short when the cooldown is actually over if you want to get picky). Shuriken have a 6 second base cooldown and cost 30 energy so the same is true there on Shuriken Master they have 15 energy cost and 3 second cooldown. (I bring up shuriken master since I've seen posts complaining about how they supposedly can't use Shuriken when the cooldown is over because of the energy cost claiming a Frag Grenade's cooldown will be over before they have enough energy to throw another Shuriken, which is just so absurd I had to mention it here.)
                  I hate your comparison. Nobody relies on damage from frag grenades, ninjas rely a lot on damage from dragon slash. It's completely different. You're comparing something that is a main damage dealer for Ninja(not all of them but the ones you're talking about, personally I play nim mak so it's all about smokebomb for me) against something that's a bonus damage as a soldier.

Lets not forget that as a ninja doing melee damage you have to be right next the enemy which requires us to use energy to sprint a hell of a lot more during combat then a soldier going plink plink plink ever would.

If I have to respond to a major threat on the other side of the defense (husk lobber for example) I'll have to use all my energy to get there in a timely manner and have nothing for skills. Where a soldier just tosses his grenade and pew pew pews away without taking a step.
                  Last edited by DankHoneyOil; 01-13-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DankHoneyOil View Post

I hate your comparison. Nobody relies on damage from frag grenades, ninjas rely a lot on damage from dragon slash. It's completely different. You're comparing something that is a main damage dealer for Ninja(not all of them but the ones you're talking about, personally I play nim mak so it's all about smokebomb for me) against something that's a bonus damage as a soldier.

Lets not forget that as a ninja doing melee damage you have to be right next the enemy which requires us to use energy to sprint a hell of a lot more during combat then a soldier going plink plink plink ever would.

If I have to respond to a major threat on the other side of the defense (husk lobber for example) I'll have to use all my energy to get there in a timely manner and have nothing for skills. Where a soldier just tosses his grenade and pew pew pews away without taking a step.
                    Whether you like it or not you're looking to ameliorate one class ignoring the others that have the same issue. It's not different and both Urban Assault and Master Grenadier utilize Grenades as a main form of damage. The point is Ninja already have better skills than the other classes the trade off is energy management if you can't do that you can't use a Ninja effectively since they do rely on skills.

Melee has it's own advantages over range likewise it's own disadvantage just because you want to have an advantage in every area doesn't mean you should get it. Melee weapons don't use Ammo and Ranged weapons do, the trade off IS the range, that's kind of the point. A Ninja is perfectly capable of using a Ranged weapon just like a Soldier can use Melee it's moot when nobody is forcing you into using a specific weapon. Ninja can use Ranged weapons with stronger AoE skills than a Soldier has and not to mention that not all Ninja even get any incentives to actually use Melee over Ranged only those that get extensive perks are really leaning towards Melee over Ranged somebody like DIm Mak can run in use Smoke Bomb and back-peddal out using a Rifle just as easier as she can use a Melee weapon.

Soldiers and Constructors are both slower than a Ninja they have to use Energy to move out of they way they also don't have easy mode clear like a Ninja so they have to take the time to shoot the individual trash mobs. Just because your class does something well already which creates a trade off doesn't mean you should be able to negate the trade off and have no weaknesses. Ninjas can have Energy issues it's a weakness of theirs, but they have their strengths like all the classes have both weaknesses and strengths.

Like I said classic case of simply wanting to ameliorate a class solely because it's the class you use. If you're having large enough problems that you feel too weak mayhaps you should play a different character instead of trying to get your character buffed just because you're having issues. Dim Mak is largely considered one of the best Ninjas, so maybe Ninjas just aren't for you and before you say you should be able to play the character you want to, you do have that right you don't have the right to demand the character is improved simply because you as an individual wants it to be. Asking for it to be so would be like me asking to hand-pick all the perks and saying because I use this soldier I feel like I should be able to have Lingering Pain, Kneecapper, Assault Damage, Make It Rain, Rain Faster, Keep Out!, Leadership, Practiced in Combat with War Cry, Frag Grenades and Going Commando because that would be better for me than what I have. It'd be a slightly different story if Ninjas weren't viable, but they are sorry.
                    Last edited by Dwlr; 01-13-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwlr View Post

Whether you like it or not you're looking to ameliorate one class ignoring the others that have the same issue. It's not different and both Urban Assault and Master Grenadier utilize Grenades as a main form of damage. The point is Ninja already have better skills than the other classes the trade off is energy management if you can't do that you can't use a Ninja effectively since they do rely on skills.

Melee has it's own advantages over range likewise it's own disadvantage just because you want to have an advantage in every area doesn't mean you should get it. Melee weapons don't use Ammo and Ranged weapons do, the trade off IS the range, that's kind of the point. A Ninja is perfectly capable of using a Ranged weapon just like a Soldier can use Melee it's moot when nobody is forcing you into using a specific weapon. Ninja can use Ranged weapons with stronger AoE skills than a Soldier has and not to mention that not all Ninja even get any incentives to actually use Melee over Ranged only those that get extensive perks are really leaning towards Melee over Ranged somebody like DIm Mak can run in use Smoke Bomb and back-peddal out using a Rifle just as easier as she can use a Melee weapon.

Soldiers and Constructors are both slower than a Ninja they have to use Energy to move out of they way they also don't have easy mode clear like a Ninja so they have to take the time to shoot the individual trash mobs. Just because your class does something well already which creates a trade off doesn't mean you should be able to negate the trade off and have no weaknesses. Ninjas can have Energy issues it's a weakness of theirs, but they have their strengths like all the classes have both weaknesses and strengths.

Like I said classic case of simply wanting to ameliorate a class solely because it's the class you use. If you're having large enough problems that you feel too weak mayhaps you should play a different character instead of trying to get your character buffed just because you're having issues. Dim Mak is largely considered one of the best Ninjas, so maybe Ninjas just aren't for you and before you say you should be able to play the character you want to, you do have that right you don't have the right to demand the character is improved simply because you as an individual wants it to be. Asking for it to be so would be like me asking to hand-pick all the perks and saying because I use this soldier I feel like I should be able to have Lingering Pain, Kneecapper, Assault Damage, Make It Rain, Rain Faster, Keep Out!, Leadership, Practiced in Combat with War Cry, Frag Grenades and Going Commando because that would be better for me than what I have. It'd be a slightly different story if Ninjas weren't viable, but they are sorry.
                      First of all buddy nobody asked for a stamina buff that only affected ninjas. That's just you going off on some rant for whatever reason, seems like you have something against Ninja's which seems pretty common around here. Secondly I'm not asking for any kind of buff so you can leave your dumbass assumptions out of it.

I just don't like your comparison. That's the reason for my comment.

Comment

Ignore Dwlr, while some of his/her advice is good, much of it is inaccurate based on their bias and disproven by the plethora of better breakdowns available online.

They also really hate it if anyone ever disagrees with them, and tends to explode into an obnoxious rant if told they are wrong/or given any kind of negative feedback at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X