X

Help please - can’t unlock Constructor Leadership quest in early game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please - can’t unlock Constructor Leadership quest in early game

Having completed the intro and the first 2 quests to defend the Homebase and beat up some llamas, I now can’t unlock the constructor leadership quest as it appears I do not have the required skill point. The guide robot (Ray?) says that I have got the skill point and I should now go and spend it to complete the quest, but when I go to the Skills tab it shows 0/74 and the option to purchase the skill is greyed out. I am fairly certain that I did earn the first skill point on the first defence of the Homebase but I can’t replay the mission and, when I renter the map, it just lets me farm resources and build up the base, but there are no enemies and the only objective is to complete the contstructor quest...

I am worried that the problem is that I selected another Soldier (Commando) as a hero and that this has somehow used the first skill point I should have earned from the Homebase defence mission.

I also can’t restart the whole thing so I seem to be completely stuck and to have wasted the cost of the game! I’ve raised it as feedback to epic games, but not sure what else I can do. Any advice greatfully received! Thx.

I have the same problem. I'm at that part but have no exp and I don't even know if I've spent a skill point. I've tried different stuff for an hour but no go, there is no way to gain enough exp. Either I'm stuck or just really stupid.

Comment

Nah I think it’s a big and the devs don’t care because I’ve reached out to them for a week with no response

Comment

If you did not receive your skill point, send a bug feedback from within the game: upper right of the screen.

The "Storm Shield Defense" quests act like gates (or locked doors); completing one grants you access to additional regions on the maps. Do you have access to regions other than Homebase Storm Shield? If you do, do not be afraid to go into these other regions and complete objectives there: Rescue the Survivors, Fight the Storm, Retrieve the Data, etc That will not screw up your progression and you'll be able to earn another skill point to unlock Constructor Leadership.

Comment

Thanks, have sent the bug report and emailed epic directly.

Unfortunately I can’t access any other areas or map regions. Going in to play through the map tab just takes you back to the original area of the Homebase Stormshield Defence but it just shows the objective as being to complete the Constructor Leadership. I’ve now cleared the area of every bit of vegetation and built everything I can but it has only earned my about 100 XPand I need 500 for the a skill point.

Comment

Cld b wrong but i recall epic saying there might be a reset story (AND EVERYTHING ELSE) option in the settings menu, worth a shot

Comment

Last I checked the Constructor Leadership is the first skill in the tree so you couldn't have used it on something else. Did you actually play the homebase defense? The very last part of opening leads me to think you expect enemies to randomly be at your homebase, you have to actually trigger the defense mission from the console. Screen shots would help your case here though. If you screen shot your quest progression and then screen shot your skill tree people could double check that you're simply not missing something through visual evidence rather than relying on descriptions considering a description is subject to the writer's perception which in this case that it's simply not working when you could have very easily just missed something and then relaying information as you see it leaving out the section you missed because you missed it, so basically pictures would prolly be better so people could doublecheck what you're actually looking at and potentially direct you where you need to go.

Take a screenshot of your:
              1) Skill Tree
              2) Quest List
              3) What you see when you go into your homebase.\

Comment

Thanks for trying to help Dwlr, although I’d tried to be clear what my problem was. I have played the first Homebase Defense and don’t think I’ve missed anything, but I’m happy to be proved wrong. Screenshots attached as requested...

Comment

Originally posted by MuckyMC View Post
                  Thanks for trying to help Dwlr, although I’d tried to be clear what my problem was. I have played the first Homebase Defense and don’t think I’ve missed anything, but I’m happy to be proved wrong. Screenshots attached as requested...
                  Yeah and you were right about it simply not giving you the skill point, but there's always a chance when describing it a problem it's just always best to try to cover as many bases as possible to eliminate potential bias of something you might not have thought of.

Not really the best solution, but mayhaps you can try to join through being invited to a game directly. You may not be able to play other missions which means you have no play with others, but you might still be able to join via invited of course you'd still end up not getting that skill point, but it might at least let you play the game for the time being.

Comment

This is from a while ago but I just ran across this problem myself so if you are still having trouble I just restarted my Xbox and it worked.

Comment

I’m having same issue where I can’t unlock the first skill point either ???? can anyone help plz????????

Comment

SlapHappyGamer read Dwlr`s comment: go into chat and say something like "Need help: please invite me to any mission to earn my very first skill point and unlock the first area of Stonewood". You can add that you experienced a bug and cannot progress.

Or you can create a ticket and wait for an answer, but the first approach will be faster.

Comment

Working...
                        X