X

Weapon levels and upgrading rarity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon levels and upgrading rarity

If I have both schematics for an epic and legendary weapon of the same gun, should I ignore the lower rarity? If the lower rarity is leveled fully and then upgraded to legendary, will it have higher stats than the base legendary schematic? Just trying to appropriate experience into one or both since I have nothing else I'm currently leveling.
    Last edited by Coppertouret; 12-28-2017, 09:35 PM. Reason: Add tags

I haven't heard of weapons with change their rarity except the founders weapons from limited edition.
    so basically, you should level the legendary, if I remember correctly, the legendaries have a perk more than rare weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertouret View Post
      If I have both schematics for an epic and legendary weapon of the same gun, should I ignore the lower rarity? If the lower rarity is leveled fully and then upgraded to legendary, will it have higher stats than the base legendary schematic? Just trying to appropriate experience into one or both since I have nothing else I'm currently leveling.
      Speaking from a "deluxe" edition user and no more, i have never been able to upgrade my weapon or trap schematics from their current rarities to higher(max of legendary). Only the recent update brought about HERO rarity upgrades. Anyway, Weapons which posses a higher rarity will often out-stat their lower counterparts. Since there is more perks as well, it contributes to the final stat increase(or at least better situational advantage).

Comment

It depends on the stats, if you have all “+xx% against stunned” for an epic pistol and all +xx% damage with affliction/elemental damage on the legendary then the legendary might be more effective, but you also have to consider the epic can go up one more evolution too. You can always post pics of both and ask for folks’ opinions on the difference.

Comment

It's the stats that counts. If the epic has more damage but the legendary has more range (haven't played in a bit so sorry if I'm kind of an idiot with this), then you should make the weapons depending on which stats you need most for the moment.

Comment

Epic vs Legendary like on Heroes is pretty negligible in effectiveness, so it goes to perks. Legendary items get an extra perk compared to Epics, but excellent perks on an Epic even with 1 less maximum can beat out the additional perk on a Legendary. They also use a different universal resource, Legendary uses Active Power Cells and Epics use Rotating Gizmos, it shouldn't be an issue if you loot even a little bit or play Storm Chests once in awhile, but if you die a lot it could be a factor.

As for the second part about upgrading rarity you can never upgrade rarity of schematics just heroes. Heroes will end up with the same stats they would have whether they were upgraded from a lower rarity or started as a legendary.

Summary
            Epic Weapons do have lower base Damage and Impact compared to a Legendary Weapon but it's not that much. Better perks on an Epic can beat out sub-par perks on a Legendary even though Legendary weapons get 5 perks instead of 4 perks. You can only increase the rarity of Heroes not schematics.

Comment

I appreciate the responses, I was misinformed about upgrading rarity being limited to heroes, and am now rather relieved. The resources to completely max out and evolve schematics based on early god-rolls would be pretty daunting. I have since figured out i was mistaken, but couldn't figure out how to delete or lock the thread from my phone.

Comment

Working...
              X