Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help trying to understand stat importance and picking the right sch moving forward

Collapse
X

Help trying to understand stat importance and picking the right sch moving forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok have an issue understanding the game stats what 1 of these swords would be better @ lvl 25

From what I can tell, even though the V-Tech Slicer is only copper, at lvl 25 it would deal 35% bonus damage, compared to 25% for the Stormblade.

If you have a Hero or weapon that can inflict Slow or Snare, then the Slicer gets another 22.5% damage.

So, probably the V-Tech sword would be the better option (of those 2 options at least.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoniz View Post
      From what I can tell, even though the V-Tech Slicer is only copper, at lvl 25 it would deal 35% bonus damage, compared to 25% for the Stormblade.

If you have a Hero or weapon that can inflict Slow or Snare, then the Slicer gets another 22.5% damage.

So, probably the V-Tech sword would be the better option (of those 2 options at least.)
      Dmg doesn't stack in a linear way like that, whiteshushi has made a breakdown of the best possible stat combinations currently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...he_best_perks/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...perk_rarities/
      Last edited by astheoceansblue; 12-30-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Ah, didn't realise that, my bad.

​​​​​​I thought the % was additive, so is it multiplicative?

I'll check the link anyway, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoniz View Post
          Ah, didn't realise that, my bad.

​​​​​​I thought the % was additive, so is it multiplicative?

I'll check the link anyway, thanks for the info.
          Read the linked breakdown, it'll explain it far better than I could. :p

Edit: added another link that helps explain it too.

Here's the part you're looking for:

- Diminishing Returns

Let's re-examine the idea of diminishing returns as well since I've been getting plenty of in-game messages and discord messages on the topic. By definition, it means
          any rate of profit, production, benefits, etc., that beyond a certain point fails to increase proportionately with added investment, effort, or skill.
          There are no hard-coded diminishing returns. Getting 3 20% damage perks is going to increase your damage by 60% just as a 2 20% damage perks is going to increase your damage by 40%. However, there is an opportunity cost for getting an additional % damage perk in the form of the DPS loss from getting another perk. Here's an example.

In this table, I have set up a Super Shredder with 3 20% damage rolls and you can see the highlighted % increase being 60%. No **** sherlock. However, we have to understand that the perks are added individually, not altogether. While the first 20% damage perk did give a 20% increase in damage, the 3rd 20% damage perk only gave a 14.29% DPS increase as seen in this image.

Now what if we had a 60% magazine size for our 3rd perk instead of 20% damage. From this image, we can see that we're now getting a 17.36% DPS increase rather than our previous 14.29% DPS increase if we had stacked another 20% damage perk. In other words, we indirectly suffered from the effects of "diminishing returns" (even though it isn't hard-coded).
          Last edited by astheoceansblue; 12-30-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

thank you guys this was helpful

Comment

I lost my base and all my items how do I get them back

Comment

I vote for stormblade. 2 elements, cant go wrong.

Comment

Stormblade. Crit Chance works with a few perks on the Ninja or Support and Tactical plus it has Fire Element on top of Energy so it will maximize your damage against Nature and deal increased Damage against Fire, it will fail against Water, but the Energy portion makes it less of a hit than a pure Fire Element would take. If you're using a Ninja with Easy Sword or Easier Sword, you could always factor their heavy into your decision since sometimes heavy attacks are helpful they're just too costly energy wise most of the time that people don't really use them if they don't have a perk to reduce their cost and that as a perk on a weapon is situational at best and detracts from it's general purpose use so it's usually going to come down to Ninja that have Easy Sword or Easier Sword.

Comment

Working...
                  X