X

Noob walking into Shield Def 5 solo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob walking into Shield Def 5 solo

I tried twice. Both times no help came. Lost the first one in the 4th quarter but was successful on 2nd try.

Why did they make it so you can't bring help and then start? Also if you need a full squad to complete a level, is it better to leave the match when you figure out nobody else is coming?

Yeah if you cant make it and no one comes. Get out.
    ask help on your normal missions. Manytimes u get help.

Comment

I did this too for SSD6 in Stonewood. I thought I was a strong independent Ninja who don't need no squad but then I got creamed during wave 4 and I had to farm on level 5 missions to get new resources. I finally decided to go to global chat and ask for help and two people graciously agreed to help me. Finished the defense and got new friends. Don't be afraid to ask for help on global chat. Helping in SSD is the most efficient way to get a lot of Hero XP so many people will want to help you.

Comment

yeah just leave and restart, or ask in chat beforehand if you need help.

You can solo them, but they require more work and preparation. if you haven't already, watch some videos explaining funnels and "sandwiches" ( not a joke) and every so often, while on missions doing quests, (before you have to do an ssd) put some stacks of metal and stone etc into vault and build, build, build. Probably the best info you need though, is knowing the spawn points. You get that off youtube videos, or helping others in their ssd. (where mobs spawn from to attack each amp).

Use defenders, but set them up properly. They are accurate and can help clear a lot of mobs, but they WILL shoot out of their weapons range and waste a lot of ammo, don't really prioritise targets properly and have less health then heroes. So basically you have to limit their view (not facing spawn point in a straight line from mile away), limit their movement with low walls and basically have them covering walls from strays, or when mobs make it past a certain point.

p.s the only hard part is with lobber wave if you can't get to them easy. so build roofs that make them walk through funnels. ( like stair pieces going upwards towards spawns

Comment

Like they said, ask in global chat. It's about the only thing it's good for.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. Def gonna do every bit of this for SSD 6.

Comment

Yeah global chat is helpful the community is great. I had plenty of help for all stonewood ssd 1-10 and am currently trying to beat Plankerton

Comment

It's also heavily dependent on prep. A lot of people think just building a series of walls is enough to defend an objective. You need to be smart with building and try to funnel enemies into kill zones. You can do this by building "hallways" that lead towards traps and posting a defender on top of those hallways. I've done every shield defense up to tier 7 solo so far and haven't failed once. I took some time trying out different building set ups in normal missions and then applied those to my shield defense.

Comment

Did you have 5 defenders with you? You can use both mission and base defenders.

Comment

I did use defenders for SSD6. I did it solo too, but using funnelling along with improved building, it wasn't bad. I didn't even know you could make panels stronger until now and found out on accident. That needs to be put in all these tips and tricks.

Comment

Funny is that i help ppl with their SSD all the time ( provide traps ,weapons and then kill all waves in ratio 80:20 me 80% ,base owner 20% ),but for my own i have really bad luck and almost never meet the right time for someone to help me. SSD6 plankerton solo was quiet hardcore but i survive it:-) ( ok 2 shields where damaged ).

Comment

Working...
                      X