X

Discovered a new game mode in Save the World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovered a new game mode in Save the World

So I recently found a hidden game mode in StW. Here is how to play. Go into a map like Destroy the Encampments. Sometimes you can find a mob armed with a pickaxe. This mobs goal is to fill their backpack with metal, stone, and wood. Your objective is to prevent this. It appears that these mobs are immune to all weapons so you must use alternative means. First, you start wall trapping them. Constantly build walls around them so they can't reach anything to add to their backpack. If they do reach something and you see them start swinging you must act quickly. Pull out your pickaxe and try to gather the object before them. Then go back to wall trapping them.

Good luck. These mobs can be persistent.

So you are saying that you are annoyed by those players who constantly ignore the objective but focus on grabbing resources?

You can ask nicely if you have trouble finishing the objective alone, and most of the time these players will come to help. Trolling them is not the right thing to do.

Comment

If you did this to me i either left the mission or just simply report you.

Comment

Ultimately in my mind, Farming/Looting is one of the core 3 tenants of Fortnite. Yes, maybe it might be less prevalent in Encampment or Survivor missions, but that doesn't mean you don't need to do it.

Most people will be mindful of the clock and the objectives. While I do agree that the best move is to take care of business first, and then farm to the end if you want, it doesn't mean that people can't do things their way.

If it's really bothering to you, like Neko said, ask. Fortnite's community is pretty good and most people I talk to are real understanding with strategy. 2 wrongs don't make a right. So now instead of them getting materials which could be used to make traps for that or other missions, you're spending materials to annoy them? Hardly seems worth it.
        PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

Farm in private. Let's not misunderstand what the real problem is here.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNiteEduardo View Post
            Farm in private. Let's not misunderstand what the real problem is here.
            This.

Encampment, Survivor, and Radar missions attract farmers fairly regularly. I've failed all three mission types with 1 step left to complete quite a few times now, simply because I stopped clearing them by myself. For material farmers it's a no lose situation... they fill up on what they're after no matter what, if they pair with players that clear the objective bonus.

Comment

and if its a defense mode, just building the right defenses will do the trick, most people are somehow into pewpewmode instead of building defense.

You can easily clear the defense solo by building kill-tunnels at the right places (2 tiles in front of the initial spawn) and just watch the traps doing their job instead of building a huge base with some walls around it with an open surrounding to shoot an immense wave after wave.

Comment

Normal ratio in Destroy the Encampments is i solokill 7 encapments and other ppl manage to kill one in 3 persons. Stupid is when you jump to this mission later on and see that none of encapments are done and time is so low that it´s not possible to finish it.

Comment

Working...
                X