Kids gotta stop trading

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids gotta stop trading

Or getting scammed.

I saw one kid global chat last night get totally scammed and it was the last straw. I didn't pay attention until it was too late. He was 9 years old and level 4 :/ I invited him to my base and gave him a whole bunch of amped up guns and energy weapons, resources, and explained that people suck sometimes but not everyone is bad. The best bet is to trust nobody.

Yeah...I definitely don't advise trading with strangers myself, at least until they add a proper trading function and UI. I'll only trade with strangers if I'm willing to lose or give something away.
    PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

This is not something the Fortnite Community or Epic Games needs to address - or even worry about.

Responsibility for the 9 year old kid getting scammed in a video game lies 100% with the kid's parents. Period.

Comment

It's too easy to blame the kid or the kid's parents. If there were a trade window of some sort that requires both parties to confirm, like most games have, then this would be less apt to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustarddog View Post
          It's too easy to blame the kid or the kid's parents. If there were a trade window of some sort that requires both parties to confirm, like most games have, then this would be less apt to happen.
          I'd like to see a straight up auction house like in WoW or similar. They might not even have to make an in game currency, just list things in relative prices to N&Bs or tiered minerals. Or just have a huge trade interface with "this is what i have to offer, looking for this in return"

Comment

I totally agree. But even a simple trade window for a trade that was agreed upon in chat or on the forums would be helpful. Working I the software industry, I've learned to try to make smaller requests and couple them with larger requests. Ideally we'd get an auction house or something, but a simple trade window would suffice to ease the potential for being scammed.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade window added, but to be honest, up until this moment the thought had never even crossed my mind. When I'm over stocked on materials I visit low level areas and pass out the surplus. When I'm short on something I swap to private and visit whatever zone it drops in. While it can be time consuming to find what you need it's not difficult.

Comment

Trade window is a great great idea.

Comment

Auction house or a trading window would be nice, but we also need to be able to stock more ammo since that would be a huge thing to trade

Comment

It's too easy to blame the kid because it is the kid's fault. Scams will happen in any game, that's a fact. I hope the guy learned his lesson and wised up to the gaming community.

Comment

The whole trade thing is Stopid to begin with. Just because kids don't want to do the work to get the weapons for themselves. I have never felt any need to trade for any weapons. I get so many from looting I hardly need too craft any.

Comment

I 100% agree with you on this with a trade window that should happen I would like this, This would stop probelms

Comment

Working...
                        X