X

How does XP drops work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does XP drops work?

I read somewhere that missions that give many types of XP give less of each, so I tested. First I got lvl 4 chest in retrieve data with 1.6K schematic and 1.6K survivor (+drops, gold). Next I tried a mission that gave only schematic xp and got a lvl 5 chest on a category 2 storm with 4.6K schematic xp... So it seemed to work but then I tried a Van level with only schematic XP and got 1.2K on a level 5 chest

So... wtf? anyone figured this out?

All missions were same level

The chest level is based on your accomplishment within the game:
    • Completing the objective: rescue survivors, destroy encampments, build radar towers, etc
    • Completing more than the objective: rescue more survivors than the necessary amount, etc
    • Exploration badge
    • Combat, Crafting and Utility badges to the maximum (platinum)
    • Doing sub-objectives: in a build the radar grid, also rescuing survivors, destroying encampments, smashing the crystal
    I would expect a higher level chest to give more rewards than a lower level one, although I have never paid much attention to it.

Maybe all mission rewards are not be the same. A good test would be to find 2 missions of the same level that give the same reward and see if you get the same thing both times.
    Last edited by Galinet; 01-29-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Taurek commented
      Editing a comment
      Do utility badges higher than the "silver" level really add additional bars to the "chest-level bar"?

Originally posted by Galinet View Post
    I would expect a higher level chest to give more rewards than a lower level one, although I have never paid much attention to it.
    Even if it does, the reward diffirences are ignorable and just not worth the effort. You are more better off at completing the same chalenge twice with low level chests than doing it once with a higher level chest. Its only worth to go for the higher level chest when you are playing to get some crafting resources.

Comment

Originally posted by UkcsAlias View Post
      Even if it does, the reward diffirences are ignorable and just not worth the effort. You are more better off at completing the same chalenge twice with low level chests than doing it once with a higher level chest.
      Just to reinforce what he said, speed running a stonewood difficulty 15 cat1 FTS (find bluglo, toss up a few walls and start the mission nothing more) gives 600 card xp with a tier 4 chest. Getting a tier 6 chest in that same mission requires plat combat / build / utility plus all side objectives and gives 750 card xp.

I can usually finish a speed run in about 10 minutes start to finish while clearing the map takes more along the lines of 45 minutes. But also worth mentioning is that speed running missions tends to burn through resources. So what I like to do is stockpile wood, stone, metal, and a few stacks of traps in my stormshield... then hammer out 2-4 missions and visit the stormshield storage for a restock.

So yeah, given the choice I target missions with single XP type rewards, FTS cat 1 & 2 being my prefrence. Then I just hammer it out as quickly as I can as often as I can.

Comment

Working...
      X