Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know if the PS4 and PC servers are the same?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ps4 users are complaining about lag when playing with PC users - are the servers different somehow? I thought everything was crossplatform. Does anyone know?

If a buddy of you links his Epic-Account with his PS4 account and starts a group on his PS4 then it's possible for you as PC player to join his group if you have him as Epic-account friend. It's not possible reverse. You can't join as PS4 player into a group created by a PC player - either linked or not. That means - yes - you can play on the same servers. That way PC and PS4 players can play together - either in "Save the World" and "Battle Royal".

Comment

Yeah I know we can play with each other - but my question is whether or not when that happens if the servers are the same ones that ps4 users are on. They were complaining about lag when joining with a pc player.

Comment

PC and PS4 players cannot play together on the same servers. There is no-cross platform play. Only cross-progression.
        PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Sync View Post
          PC and PS4 players cannot play together on the same servers. There is no-cross platform play. Only cross-progression.
          At least that's what they wrote in the FAQ and I thought it's impossible for a while as well. So it was a bit suprising for me that it still worked without doing anything special. Bug or feature: The guy on the PS4 must connect the PS4 account with the Epic account. But this does not only enable Cross-progression but even Cross-platform. At least in one direction. The PC player can join into the lobby of the PS4 player via the Epic-friend list and both play together on the same server afterwards. So this is 100% cross-platform playing (they play on the same server). Worked for Battle Royal and even Save the World.

Comment

Working...
          X