X

Pathfinder Jess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathfinder Jess

Just got an epic PF Jess. Is it worth leveling? Personal private loot runs to 3 star?

I was playing commando spitfire but have switched over to dragon scorch as a main. Not sure if it's the fun factor or I am just sick and tired of farming nuts and bolts every 2-3 missions. With dragon I feel I can contribute to building, making traps, and still put out decent dps without the farming grind. I dunno, if it was easier I might play soldier more? Soldier is fun but the resource drain just kills it for me.

Except for constructors, every class builds the same. So it might just be the Playstyle you prefer if you play scourge.
    regarding the pathfinder: You can level her to 3 stars for private matches just to farm stuff. That's the only thing pathfinder can do. If you need ammo or uncommon material in bigger amounts, watch out for recon scout eagle eye, she is by far better at finding chests than pathfinder, but not as good if it comes to direct harvesting.

Comment

I like my Pathfinder Jess... however once you have enough resources you dont need her that much... i main my Ninja 95% of the time now.. Jess has been sent on Expeditions most of the time now...

Comment

Thats along the lines of what I was looking for. Maybe it's Plankton but the drain on soldiers is a real issue. I feel bad for the people that didnt get the Hydra. Medium ammo is way off balance from damage to replenish, Weapons last maybe three missions. Do you farm NB for ammo, ore to remake weapons, or the components. It can't all be done and you are really hurting yourself if you make traps. There isnt any of this on the ninja. I think my swords last 10X as long as a soldiers main weapon. I shoot 1/4 the ammo even using them a lot in higher missions. I have time to run around the map and actually loot then head to the base to drop the traps I find and build more.

Comment

I usually run a soldier build (special forces+ shock trooper) and as soon as I run out on ore or ammo (usually ammo) I switch to my ninja setup (dim mak + shuriken master).
          its amazing how much less of resources you need with ninjas and how great they are at big waves of incoming husks. I usually does storm chests and encampments on my own as a ninja, the soldiers just aren't fast enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Nimassus View Post
            I usually run a soldier build (special forces+ shock trooper) and as soon as I run out on ore or ammo (usually ammo) I switch to my ninja setup (dim mak + shuriken master).
            its amazing how much less of resources you need with ninjas and how great they are at big waves of incoming husks. I usually does storm chests and encampments on my own as a ninja, the soldiers just aren't fast enough...
            Thats exactly what I do. Encampments are super easy if you wall correctly and don't totally goof up.

Comment

The one advantage of ninjas and outlanders (besides a **** ton of mats and faster traveling) is that the ninja doesn't need a bunch of ammo and the outlander always has more then enough (I never run out because a use legendary melee weapons on my third slot a double barrel shotgun in my second and a sniper in my first). I'm pretty sure that the ninja is the only other class I've played for an extended period besides the outlander to avoid running out of ammo.

Comment

My personal favourite outlander.
                If you have a coordinated tean you can feed hilarious amounts if mats to the constructor(s) and make building a breeze.
                Also some of the most mobility you can get thanks to In The Zone.

Chests aren't worth it IMO but it's still nice to be able to wallhack them. The crafting mats they give quickly add up.
                If you need an area cleared/levelled she can also delete buildings like no other between In The Zone bonuses and Antimaterial Punch.
                PiƱata for even more easy mats for the team (thanks to dig tool damage perks, she can solo it from 100% to 0 most of the time).
                Teddy can help put off a little pressure off of a wall or NPC, or even bodyblock a charger charging if deployed just right.

Overall a very fun and useful kit to run if what you're looking for isn't straight killing power.
                A wildcard/support class, if you will.

Comment

Just wanted to give an update. I leveled Jess up to 30 and its an absolute farming delight. You still need to loot chests for trap materials. Getting full stacks and being overrun with bolts is great. Ive actually been giving stacks to soldiers in missions. I would say totally worth it for level 30. When you don't need farming runs drop her in an outlander mission to still do work. I think this is almost a must have utility character. Deep zone plus recon scout or another Jess depending on what you need makes farming 2x as fast. Wish I had the bonus to drop ammo in the llama.. Pretty underwhelming in missions unless you have a balanced team of friends and are speeding through them.

Comment

The only outlanders I use are pathfinder Jess and recon scout Jess, both on 30. Recon is great for chests and pathfinder for harvesting, besides that, absolutely no use

Comment

I did use her tonight in the start of missions to feed the builder. Exit mission and log in main. Pretty effective.

Comment

what level does the PF blue jess and green jess can u use?

Comment

personally i find her pointless, i dont expend enough materials as any class to warrant switching to any of the farming outlanders even when carrying scrubs all day (though i did farm ammo boxes during the halloween event cause they were everywhere).

some tips on saving mats...

farm the outskirts of every map for ore/coal - you'd be surprised at what people miss/leave.
                          choose missions that reward ore if you need it - this plus farming the outskirts will generally get you enough ore to craft 1 weapon in 1 or 2 matches.
                          look for active cell mission rewards.
                          city maps are the best for general farming, THE best for ammo (be on the lookout for the arcade).
                          dont trap if its not required.
                          dont use metal for bases in grassland/forest maps.
                          use weapon loadouts that require different kinds of ammo and dont rely on the same gun for every enemy type.
                          vary your base material - no point using metal if its not going to take any hits.
                          dont build and/or upgrade pointless walls.
                          switch up characters now and again - i dont do this but it would help.
                          keep at least 1 melee weapon - i just use them for flingers.
                          build up a surplus of traps if youre at max crafting mats while farming w/s/m.

mostly common sense stuff but it saves a lot of mats - never had to overstock or even dip into my spare mats in my storage.

generally a typical mission for me would be.. quickly circling the map, finding the objective, building the minimal base required (traps if needed) then farming to replace any materials used which usually doesnt take long.

i always find it weird when people run out of mats or ask for mats. i dont see how its possible without... not-very-polite reasons.

also i'm sick of seeing them in games so...
                          Last edited by Xero M XTC; 06-04-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X