X

Which edition do you recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which edition do you recommend?

I am considering buying Save the world, but which edition would you recommend to buy and why? :)

Buy the Deluxe while it's still there, You get more inventory slots and a few other bonuses so why not? :)
    Now this is a story all about how Fortnite got flip turned upside down,
    And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there,
    I'll tell you all about the release of BR in September.

First Play Date: 21st July 2017(Pre Order Bonus)

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

Originally posted by 2by View Post
      I am considering buying Save the world, but which edition would you recommend to buy and why? :)
      I would wait a bit maybe a month or so and see if the limited edition founders pack would come back and buy that, then buy the ultimate pack. But if your desperate enough, buy the deluxe.

Comment

Okay, thank you for the answers :)

Comment

The Standard Edition is fine as within a short time (a few days to a few weeks), you will have earned much better stuff than what come in the Deluxe Edition. If I were to do it all over, I would buy the Standard Edition and use the rest of the money on Troll Stash Llamas. :)
          ==========================================
          SexyDexxy PL79
          https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/SexyDexxy
          ==========================================

Comment

If you can't wait then buy the Standard or Deluxe Edition. If the 3 missing packs return you can still upgrade to them in-game.
            A lone Hunter.

Comment

Is there any news on when it will be free? I heard rumors about 2018, am I missing out on a lot of stuff if I wait for the free edition?
              Also, all this extra stuff you get, does it give you an advantage in-game or it it just cosmetics like in Battle Royale?

Comment

• UnstimatedFoe commented
                Editing a comment
                There a leaks that say Save the world will be free in mid season 5 but It’s better to buy Save the world now because when it comes out for free you might not be able to earn vbucks from it.

The Ultimate Edition for example gives you 8 Heroes (2 Heroes for each Class) they are basically Skins of already existing Heroes in the game but they are a nice to have. You get some decent weapons. Some Llamas. A lot of Founders Daily Llamas and 4 Friend Codes.
              But you only get this stuff if the last 3 Editions return.

So they don't give you a huge advantage but obviously you get some good stuff for the amount of money you spend.
              A lone Hunter.

Comment

Anything but Standard is a load of junk you won't even use unless you care about the fact not everyone dropped the money on overpriced exclusives.
                The only thing I'd consider worth it is the backpack slots from the 2nd(?) most expensive pack, as that's the only way to get more aside from skill tree progression. But over a hundred bucks for some inventory slots is ehh.

Buy the Standard, if you change your mind you can always upgrade to higher tiers by paying the difference.
                Or spend your money better and buy troll truck llamas or emotes in Battle Royale (which should come over to StW sometime as Epic mentioned they want to make it happen).

Also yes, anything you buy gives you advantages in the game, nothing you can't earn through gameplay (and I mean realistically earn, not an impossible grind of many months just to slap a "but you can grind for it" excuse), but you can take the shortcut if you want to spend your money that way.
                You're at the mercy of the RNG that way, though.

If you can wait a little, you might want to wait for the 40-50% off sales that sometimes happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Squadward_1 View Post

I would wait a bit maybe a month or so and see if the limited edition founders pack would come back and buy that, then buy the ultimate pack. But if your desperate enough, buy the deluxe.
                  If the other editions come back then they can still upgrade from whichever founders pack they buy through the in-game store.
                  --Retired-- CM

See a thread or post that violates the forum guidelines? Please flag it to help out the Community Moderators. :)

Comment

Working...
                  X