X

Questions from a newby

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions from a newby

Hy there, am still very new in this cool game and have still a lot of questions, maybe somebody can help me with the one or the other.
    1.) If I adjust my game to private, why does, in some of the missions, still other
    players appear ?
    2.) Is there voicechat in the game? So it may not be necessary to write something during missions. (which is also mainly a reason why I first rather play alone, until I have understood the game somewhat better.)
    3.) How can I clean my Hud, p.e. the advices from the items I wanted to craft (specialy them) ?
    4.) Which are, (or what are they called here) the sidemissions? If there are. Hero missions? Anyway, the entire mission division is still not totaly clear to me, i´m looking for missions without time limit where i can explore through the maps to loot and take a look without the hurry.
    So, i would be very happy about answers.
    Have fun and be careful out there! :cool::)

Hi there! Welcome to Fortnite and I am glad you are having fun. I am not totally sure about question one and two, but for the HUD question, if you go into the menu and then settings, there is a tab with HUD options (you can hide specific elements of the HUD there). For the fourth question, if you are referring to side missions while you are in a map, that would be any mission that doesn't have a white exclamation point for it on the map. If you mean the story missions v. other stuff, that can be sorted through in the quest tab in the out of mission UI screen. As far as mission types with no time limit, you will want to do fight the storm or ride the lightning missions, with these you can explore the map for as long as you want, there is no timer until the objective is activated.

If you could reply with the system you are playing on (XboxOne, PS4, pc, Mac) that might help answer some of your other questions!
    The buck stops here.

Comment

Originally posted by Davethebuck View Post
      Hi there! Welcome to Fortnite and I am glad you are having fun. I am not totally sure about question one and two, but for the HUD question, if you go into the menu and then settings, there is a tab with HUD options (you can hide specific elements of the HUD there). For the fourth question, if you are referring to side missions while you are in a map, that would be any mission that doesn't have a white exclamation point for it on the map. If you mean the story missions v. other stuff, that can be sorted through in the quest tab in the out of mission UI screen. As far as mission types with no time limit, you will want to do fight the storm or ride the lightning missions, with these you can explore the map for as long as you want, there is no timer until the objective is activated.

If you could reply with the system you are playing on (XboxOne, PS4, pc, Mac) that might help answer some of your other questions!
      Hy, thanks for answering so fast, i´m playing mostly on pc, but i have it installed on my ps4 too, but realy mostly on pc.

Comment

[QUOTE=Davethebuck;n66210]Hi there! Welcome to Fortnite and I am glad you are having fun. I am not totally sure about question one and two, but for the HUD question, if you go into the menu and then settings, there is a tab with HUD options (you can hide specific elements of the HUD there). For the fourth question, if you are referring to side missions while you are in a map, that would be any mission that doesn't have a white exclamation point for it on the map. If you mean the story missions v. other stuff, that can be sorted through in the quest tab in the out of mission UI screen. As far as mission types with no time limit, you will want to do fight the storm or ride the lightning missions, with these you can explore the map for as long as you want, there is no timer until the objective is activated.

[/QUOT

Yeah, i found the tab For HUD options, it is wriiten in white over an lidht gray background, nearly can´t see it even knowing it is there . XD
        Thanks a lot for your hint!
        Last edited by Makokilon; 09-17-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Makokilon View Post
          1.) If I adjust my game to private, why does, in some of the missions, still other players appear ?
          There are a few reasons others might be joining on you. A) You're not actually on Private, B) You're set to allow friends of friends, and people are joining on someone with you, or C) It's a bug. I see the reverse of this on and off where I'm set to public but friends see "private".

2.) Is there voicechat in the game? So it may not be necessary to write something during missions. (which is also mainly a reason why I first rather play alone, until I have understood the game somewhat better.)
          No built in voice chat yet, so you'll have to use a 3rd party app. But don't let that stop you from playing with others and typing questions, you'll bump into really nice people fairly regularly.

4.) Which are, (or what are they called here) the sidemissions? If there are. Hero missions? Anyway, the entire mission division is still not totaly clear to me, i´m looking for missions without time limit where i can explore through the maps to loot and take a look without the hurry.
          I can certainly see how this part gets confusing. Aside from your Main Story Quest (the top quest when looking at the quests tab) everything is basically a side quest. You can complete quests at your leisure so don't feel rushed. Now missions on the other hand (the various map icons you use to play) come in a couple different flavors, Fight the Storm & Ride the Lightning have no timers so you can explore for quite a while before the mission auto fails. Retrieve the Data has a countdown for when the objective will land (automatically starting the defense). Then you have Encampments, Rescue Survivors, and Radar Grid missions which have a 20 minute limit (all three also appear in other missions as secondary objectives).

So if you want to just explore and tinker around Fight the Storm (atlas defense) or Ride the Lightning (Van defense) are your go to options!

Comment

Originally posted by kakamouth View Post

There are a few reasons others might be joining on you. A) You're not actually on Private, B) You're set to allow friends of friends, and people are joining on someone with you, or C) It's a bug. I see the reverse of this on and off where I'm set to public but friends see "private".

No built in voice chat yet, so you'll have to use a 3rd party app. But don't let that stop you from playing with others and typing questions, you'll bump into really nice people fairly regularly.

I can certainly see how this part gets confusing. Aside from your Main Story Quest (the top quest when looking at the quests tab) everything is basically a side quest. You can complete quests at your leisure so don't feel rushed. Now missions on the other hand (the various map icons you use to play) come in a couple different flavors, Fight the Storm & Ride the Lightning have no timers so you can explore for quite a while before the mission auto fails. Retrieve the Data has a countdown for when the objective will land (automatically starting the defense). Then you have Encampments, Rescue Survivors, and Radar Grid missions which have a 20 minute limit (all three also appear in other missions as secondary objectives).

So if you want to just explore and tinker around Fight the Storm (atlas defense) or Ride the Lightning (Van defense) are your go to options!
            Ok, thank you for the good explain, allready learned a bit more now. But i´ve the impression there is still a lot to learn about this game for me, which is no problem, i like it that way.
            Otherwise it would be boring :cool:
            Thanks again and have a nice one ! :)

Comment

So I have recently bought the deluxe edition founders pack for save the world my friend is thinking of buying the standard edition of save the world can we play together tho if we do have different editions??

Comment

Originally posted by funkyrobAOV View Post
                So I have recently bought the deluxe edition founders pack for save the world my friend is thinking of buying the standard edition of save the world can we play together tho if we do have different editions??
                Yup. The game is the same regardless of which edition you have. The different editions just come with more/less bonus content. As long as you and your friend are playing on the same platform (PC, PS4, XB1) then you can play together.
                PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by funkyrobAOV View Post
                  Well, if youve just bought the Deluxe edition, it should have come with a code you can give your friend for a free standard edition.
                  and yes, it's still completely upgradeable later if he decides he wants to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by HandofBobb View Post

Well, if youve just bought the Deluxe edition, it should have come with a code you can give your friend for a free standard edition.
                    and yes, it's still completely upgradeable later if he decides he wants to do so.
                    I think the friend codes only start at the Super Deluxe edition. (Which I suppose he could upgrade too during the 50% off sale). I bought the game on disc (which is the deluxe) and didn't get a friend code until I upgraded to the Super Deluxe a few weeks after. That said, in part the reason why I did was due to the sale and the fact that I got a friend code to share too!
                    PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

Working...
                    X