X

Map Markers & You

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Markers & You

It took me a while when I started playing to figure out how a player left a marker on the map. So, to save others time, I will include instructions here.

PC Users: Look at the location or item you wish to mark. Press N. Select the Marker you wish to use.

Notifying your party that you found something via chat is more often than not quite vague. Using a map marker is not only good for telling your party where a Storm Chest is located but you can also use this to notify a party member of where something they are looking for to complete a quest is at. I.E Relay Towers, Radar Towers. If you decide to do this it is helpful to communicate via chat what it is you marked for your fellow player and what you marked it with.

Kalizaar: Oh, and if you're playing on Consoles, push Down on the D-Pad to bring up a circular menu. You can access the Notes/map markers, various default things to say in chat (which again could use some better options), and the 2 dance emotes.

Happy looting!

~ Mal

Thanks to Kalizaar who shared the console information. I've added it to my original post to keep it from getting lost and to be here for console users. Thanks, Kalizaar!

Last edited by Maleficara; 09-21-2017, 08:58 PM.
    Technology is best when it brings people together. - Matt Mullenweg

i'd be more interested in how to remove a marker i've set...

Comment

• Rul1n commented
      Editing a comment
      Place a marker on a tree and it will be removed once the tree gets destroyed. This also works with building elements. Once they get upgraded or changed, the note will disappear.
      You can also remotely remove all your markers. Just spam 5 markers on a bush to reach the cap. Then remove the bush and all markers are gone.

Its not possible to remove them.... they get auto removed when you used up the amount of markers you have available...
    so about 100 or 150 markers the first one vanish

Comment

I wish they had a few other markers available. Like "Quest Item", "Metals", and "Storm Chest".

Oh, and if you're playing on Consoles, push Down on the the D-Pad to bring up a circular menu. You can access the Notes/map markers, various default things to say in chat (which again could use some better options), and the 2 dance emotes.

Comment

• Maleficara commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much for this. I added your contribution to the original post and made sure to credit you.
    Working...
    X