Collapse
X

Frostnite (week 2 challenge) What the..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Managed To Beat It On My First Try With Randoms (I Clutched It Being The Last One Alive) In a Tier 100 Level After That I Tried To Help A Friends In A 100 Level But Doing It Again And Again I Didn’t Realize It Was Like Hell And I Became Annoyed .
    Last edited by NotMissGamer456; 01-10-2019, 05:55 PM.
    No Matter How Hard I Tried
    I Will Always Fail. I Gave Up.
    Its Like Brick Walls In The Road.

https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/notmissgamer456

Comment

Tried commenting above and kept getting parse errors. In any event this is laughably easier at lower levels. We started at 19 and made an hour with almost no effort. It took 8 minutes for the husks to finish us off when we finally decided to just stop playing. (Base traps non lobber non taker waves). As mentioned in some comments above the shotgun is a bit underwhelming but I suppose it can hold down the dusty corner of the armory with all the old vindertech weapons and scavenger melee junk. As always happy husk hunting.

Comment

• yeah099 commented
        Editing a comment
        At Low level the event is a joke, at L100 it's a challenge. I don't have the luxury of low level taxi but based on your comments. A non lober wave and non taker wave would be easy

i got 17 minute it is SO HARD plus we were going against husks literally over twice my power level in round 7

Comment

It is frustrating but not impossible. As long as everyone builds or at least replaces structures as they are destroyed it goes pretty smooth.

Leave the barn.

By the 20 minute mark you want your walls all the way out to the end of the barn and tunnels built keeping the husks from walking a straight line to the burner.

During the 20-25 minute mark start placing stairs in every tile. Place them in different directions so you can run through them when the Takers come to slaughter you.

Smashers don’t charge stairs and Takers cannot move through them quickly.

Just run, kill, keep the burner fed, and hope you’re alive when it’s over.
        Last edited by jhtky; 01-11-2019, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• nirriti1122 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the stairs hint. They get attacked by smashers but they are really a good help against takers.
          We also made three roofs altogether and switched between the stages via jump pads and stairs which also was of good help. The taker wave is the crucial one, after that we survived another wave and ended voluntarily after it by letting them kill us. We started at pl34 I think. It was horrible on 100 and I am not sure if I try it again although I would like to beat this mark on 100, too.

This was a rough run, but was able to pull it off in the end. My best run was 39:54 with people giving up at the 30 minute mark in the 88 area. Makes me glad I haven't done ssd 6 yet in TP......

Comment

The highly amount of takers/blasters are annoying as fúck..

Comment

just done over 30 minutes and not got the gun

Comment

Originally posted by JDukes8 View Post
              I hope epic will fix this because i doubt almost anyone has beat the 30 minutes cause I just get one shot before I can do anything 25 minutes in.
              I got 30 mins 3 times its all about your base and your team

Comment

I got to 13 minutes and then bam. husks are twice my power level and my game gets 1000 ping great job epic by making this impossible

Comment

• nirriti1122 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It isn't impossible. You need to have one constructor (preferably Power Base or Mega Base) and three outlanders. But the fighting outlanders with a extended teddy or plasma tower, eg Trailblaster or Reclaimer. They are able to fight nearly without weapons. Don't take looters like a pathfinder or a striker. Also use three stages of roofs to switch between them during the taker wave. Don't build walls but a lot of ceilings with traps. You are lost without traps. It is really challenging but possible.

• Mr.KittenCat27 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  okay im going to have to get lucky with fill though meaning i'll try your strategy
                  Last edited by Mr.KittenCat27; 01-13-2019, 01:36 PM.

• Br41nD34dz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Or if that doesn't work, try two controllers constructor, an outlander like reclaimed or trailblaster, and a fast moving character such as Dire or Phase scout. The constructors take turns placing decoy with the outlandish doing damage and quick character father bluego and other resources for building. lots of ceilings are good, but I also like walls with ramps behind them as they do help slow down the hoards and takers from hitting you. If you end up the last one alive, just keep running and swing in to refill the furnace quickly before running off too.

I keep dying around 27-28 minutes. It seems my team does better when I run away and don't join in until the 4th wave. (Yeah...I feel like I suck at life as well...)

Welp, time to try 10 more runs and kill half the day between blowing 27 minutes and 5 minute load times. If anyone wants to team up, shoot me a message and we can strategize (because week 3 may be worse...they will probably merge week 1 and week 2 LOL)
                I wish Save the World had a Poop Emoji Gun to shoot people who beg for resources...Go Farm!

https://v2.fortnitedb.com/en/profile/spain246
                https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/spain246

Comment

• nirriti1122 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Send me a friend request with a note. We are two high leveled players with one lower level. If you like we can team up. We made it with the hints of jhtky (see above).

(nirriti1122, ps4)
                  Last edited by nirriti1122; 01-13-2019, 01:19 PM.

Sadly, it's really difficult getting decent random players nowadays to complete anything. Any remnants of decent players play the new content until they get everything, then leave until the next collectible comes out. Any friends that I had in this game left long ago for one of numerous other titles that came out. Most of what's left are scrubs that rushed through content with no concept of tunneling or reverse ramps... or Christmas noobs that are just now watching the YouTube videos on trading and think it gets them somewhere.

Epic truly destroyed what was a brilliant game with a lot of hope.

Comment

• nirriti1122 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like to invite you to send me a friend request on ps4. We are a team of two, playing since Scavenger event 2017. You don't need to play with battle royal player which are mainly decorating the maps with stairs nobody else can use or which throw a port a fort inside your kill tunnel. :)

Hit 28:35. So frustrating. Everyone please stay out of trap tunnels and getting them blown up! And people shoot the presents in them and they get blown up. I have had the highest combat score in every match I have played.

Comment

• nirriti1122 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  See the hints above. They helped me to beat it.

Think problem is challenge was dropped so much people progressed without learning basics done with randoms and premade groups and with premade it was laughably easy. With randoms though it was nightmare the amount of resources those guys horded as well as effort put forth was dumb. Like they would gobble up every resource farmer brought back but yet somehow had 1/4 of my build score as well as rarely placing traps. And I was either building or trapping or surviving they were rocket spamming blowing up tunnels ect. Never placing traps despite them destroying majority of traps within 1 maybe 2 waves of me placing them. I would generally end up with entire teams score combined with randoms.

Essentially this game mode is simply time/resource management build use turrets slow fields ect to buy time place traps tunnels ect. As well as having someone get blue glow and additional resources. The more resources blue glow you have when you fail the worse you did as a teammate. People are not used to actually having to path enemys rely on traps. This mode if everyones build no one is blowing up traps you only get more and more traps and by the time taker waves start getting crazy. You can have pretty much entire base gas traps and flame grill traps with light traps near base to stop takers. And you just kite them around as gas traps ect shred them. Thing is 1 gun and your about half their level of course thats not effective strategy. Getting more traps as mobs get higher and higher level is only way to assure your doing more and more damage to mobs as they rank up and scale.

Problem is everyone is used to being able to teddy/hover turret afk the easy stuff and rocket spam the hard.

Comment

I had to resort of using a level 15 to go through it a few times (for everyone). Now my team is away and it's become quite hard, everyone joins and leaves or is low like me and just dies before 15 minutes.
                  https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/andyufcfan

Comment

Managed to complete it few hours before the challenge ended with 4 random

we had 3 fragment flurry jess and one soldier.

Yes this was with randoms.

Comment

Working...
                    X