The new X-ray llama system is pretty cool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new X-ray llama system is pretty cool

https://puu.sh/CJhNU/ab784311eb.mp4

and the fact that they could work as a potential work around the avoid future gambling law restrictions as they allow the user to see the content pre-emptively and therefor nulls that aspect of gambling

I pretty sure thats the main reason for the change, legalities are changing the video game world vastly.

Comment

Well something appears to have changed for the better as I seen to be getting far more Legendary Llamas than before, I opened 12 daily reward upgrade Llamas that I'd saved up and got 2 gold and 2 silver plus the v-buck upgrade Llamas on sale are popping up gold with seemingly more regularity.
      "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how well you play the bird is going to $**t on the board and strut around like it won."

Comment

Not really, if you think about it it's really six of one half dozen of the other.

It's just now instead of rolling the dice on the first Llama not knowing what it's contents will be, you are left buying a Llama knowing the contents aren't what you want with the hopes that the next Llama will maybe have something you want in it. Of course there is the alternative of just waiting 24hrs for the Llama to reset so that maybe the Llama on the top of the stack has something you're interested in.

Not really sure if it's enough of a shift to really get away from the stigma.

Comment

Originally posted by zfightergt View Post
          I pretty sure thats the main reason for the change, legalities are changing the video game world vastly.
          Good, because game companies are being forced SLOWLY to realize that us consumers hate RNG. We work toward something, we want rewarded for it. We purchase something, we want it, not the chance at it. This is good in every way shape and form.

Comment

@Bashtarle
            Yes there is the "what will the next card be?" issue but my initial Llamas are still going gold every few days so this is a definite improvement, the other benefit is if you can resist the temptation to purchase a dud in the hope that the next one will be better the v-bucks accumulate very nicely.

Now if only they could address the duplicates issue, I was both happy and disappointed at this mornings Lama.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FortniteClientWin64Shipping-20190211-08075776.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	975149
            "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how well you play the bird is going to $**t on the board and strut around like it won."

Comment

• zfightergt commented
              Editing a comment
              Dupe protection is not working right now i had the same thing the other day, mythic leads i already had multiples of, im not entirely sure dupe protection ever worked on mythic survivors though to begin with.
              Last edited by zfightergt; 02-11-2019, 04:01 PM.

Did both of those mythics have the same exact attributes? I don't think dup protection stops the same character, just the same character with the same attributes.

Comment

• BoxKiller76 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dupe protection isn't working for slotted mythic leads either. Yesterday I got the same mythic lead with the same personality for the same squad as the one I already had there. Exactly the same. I got it for the collection book anyway. At least this was on an upgrade llama, but I definitely did not have one in collection book and did have one in inventory. I think it may be super people only

• KhaoTong commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes both identical in every attribute.

• Zugshad commented
              Editing a comment
              So. Just gonna leave this here as apparently wasnt wrong.

Per patch notes :
              Items in the X-ray tab of the Item Shop are no longer flagged as “New” if they are in your collection book.

Fixed an issue that caused dupe protection to not work in X-Ray Llamas

I have to say I love/hate this new feature. On one hand it’s a fantanstic improvement and the only reason for me to even spend vbucks on STW anymore. Also great for new players to be able to get their mythic survivors easier.

On the flip side this really screws over the early supporters. You could easily spend 100$ before and get pure trash/no mythics. What took me hundreds of dollars to acquire people are now getting essentially for free by doing their dailies and storm shields.

They clearly DRASTICALLY increased mythic and legendary drop chances as well as improved the odds of the llamas being upgraded.

Imo another reimburse, in whatever form, should be issued just like when the upgrade llamas were price dropped by 50%.
            https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/mister%20dem0nic

Comment

• Zugshad commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah, i do think they did sort of "reimburse" people with the free upgrade tokens, albeit a crappy one as we only got like what 6? So, i think it might have been their way of saying sorry or something as there was a lot of heated posts about them before they came out for sure

• MiSTER DEM0NiC commented
              Editing a comment
              Pathetic in comparison to the first reimbursement for half price llamas. I got 60+ loot stashes.

@KhaoTong

Here's the thing. I'm essentially in a place now where I'm pretty much stuck at my current power level due to how it's "leveling" mechanics are spread all over the place and essentially I really need to get my survivor squads in order if I hope to make any real progress through the game.

The problem with that is that one of the only really reliable way to get a bunch of "decent" (worth upgrading) survivors is to buy a bunch of applicable Llamas. Since you so rarely get decent (if any) survivors through normal game play. At least not at a rate that isn't going to see my progress at a standstill for some time.

The problem there is that so far my top deck Llamas have all been terrible at least since I've identified the problem with the progression and started to pay attention to the Llama rotation. Which means my options are to blindly purchase through the bad Llamas hoping that there will be a good Llama buried in there somewhere or to just keep waiting through 24hr windows for the Llamas to refresh.

Either system essentially leaves me in a place where "maybe the next Llama" is the driving mechanism for continued sequential purchases.

The only real difference is that every blue moon you're going to get a really good top deck Llama which will be an all but guaranteed purchase, which almost feels like a gateway to the "maybe the next Llama" cycle. Cause say the next Llama is also good, you buy that and then the Llama after that is "bad" but you buy it anyhow because "Maybe the next Llama" and "Maybe the next Llama" was essentially the same driving force when no one knew what was in the Llamas.

Comment

• KhaoTong commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, it's a awful way of doing progression.

I'd have to say, this system has been a good means of saving vbucks. I liked the random chance thing, but it is nice to be able to see the junk before you waste your vbucks. Somewhere in one of these threads somebody mentioned being able to see the ones under the top one. If they really want purchases to go crazy this would be a really good idea. Like was pointed out above we are just hoping next time will be the one. However, if the 10th upgrade has the survivor I need, I'm going to buy all 10. Without knowing that I'm keeping my vbucks.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

BoxKiller76

Being able to see all the Llamas would be really nice.

Tho while I could maybe see myself doing it now and then, having to buy down the stack does raise some concerns, Specifically over the stacks being weighted and if they are is weighting the good loot towards the bottom of the stack "OK"? I mean at least people would be making an educated decision at that point, but~

Personally I'd like to be able to just sift through the Llamas and pick and choose which ones I wanted to buy. Overall I think the transactions would probably even out. Because I know I'd be significantly more inclined to pick up Llamas on the regular so that's an increase in transactions. However if they went with the buy the stack methodology there is a good chance that the loot I wanted would be sufficiently far down the stack that they'd have priced themselves out of those transactions. Again in the end I think it would just about even out.

Either way I think being able to see all the Llamas would probably "solve" the problem that X-ray Llamas where probably introduced to. I think X-Ray Llamas as they stand, bought them time and probably moved them out of the immediate spotlight but I think as they are they are too similar to the old system to withstand a second pass of scrutiny.
                Last edited by Bashtarle; 02-12-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Well my desire to own the neon sniper got the better of me, blew 1.5k v-bucks today and spent 1.5k on nothing I really wanted. Worse still the Neon shotgun I got I thought I'd level up for fun (not a bad gun actually) did not give me a confirmation screen at the Obsidean/Shadowshard fork so I went by default to Obsidian by mistake,

Anyway the gambling mechanism is totally still there as I was spending and gambling that I'd get the Neon Sniper within the next 2 Llamas.

Comment

Working...
                  X