X

Goodbye Fortnite.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Fortnite.

You know I was never really excited to get this game when my friend was like dude pre-order it and we can play together 3 days early. Well, that changed after playing it for a while. Sure there were the bugs we had to deal with. Constant lag and disconnects and those idiots who stood on spawn in a wooden house and let you do all the work and they get the rewards with no way to report them. Let's face it those of us who stayed this long got annoyed bu hell what game doesn't have bugs on launch.

Then came the BR mode. I was excited about that cause I was gonna get to play a BR game on PS4. Best of all it was free so when I got bored on StW I could just jump over to BR without having to pay extra to do so. Then I noticed the bugs in StW were increasing. And who all remembers the months it took for them to fix the (I think they called it hitching) lag problem in StW. I know a few of my friends left the game cause it was taking them forever to fix it. At the same time if BR had one hint of lag servers were dropped and an hour later they were running smooth.

Next were our events. We had some good events and awesome heroes. Now we have to go to BR mode to see skins of heroes we MAY or MAY NOT get. To find out what event that MAY or MAY NOT show up in Save the World. Their webpage went from Fortnite Save the World to Fortnite Battle Royale. We come in second on the forums even tho we were first on their servers. A few of us paid to have extra armory slots we can just buy now and a couple of extra heroes. Yet when they do a patch BR always comes in first and Save the World is just grabbing the scraps. We still see day one bugs we have reported hundreds of times and have yet to hear anything about a fix for. How many of us still get stuck on the return to the home base screen? I know it happens way less then it use to, but it's still a thing.

I'm tired of playing a game in which the company has proven it is no more than an afterthought. I'm upset at seeing how quickly they address some issues in Battle Royale (most of the time within minutes) while taking months or years to address issues in Save the World. Tired of watching the problems we are working on list get shorter and shorter yet the bug list gets longer and longer. I applaud those who stuck it out this long. This game could have been something. I know I was trying to get to the 10k survivors' trophy, but then I did a mission for 112 storm tickets and only got rewarded 60 of them. Went in with 24 finished by saving almost all survivors and destroying all the encampments there were on the map. I think I got 13 out of 15 survivors. (My friends tease me cause of all the Rescue the Survivors I do. Yet none of them could beat me in the DPS when doing any of the other missions.) I looked at my rewards and it said it gave me the 112 tickets and 107gold. I check how many tickets I had and was up to 76. That means I didn't get almost 60 tickets. So I got a little over half the tickets I was told I received. Then I noticed I didn't get the rewards from my collection book either. I mean my heart just sunk. My will to play games just disappeared. All the times I was farming gold and it always seemed to take longer then what it should have and I blamed myself for miscalculating how much gold I needed. All the times I was like okay if I do this mission I can buy an event llama just to always come up short and have to run another.

Now I see that it was Epic not fixing a bug or (I hope it is not this) purposely doing this that was causing me to have to do one more mission here and there. It is Epic who refuses to fix bugs we have had since day 1 of the game. It is Epic who keeps putting its first players on the back burner and basically handing us scraps. It is Epic who is teasing us with all the stuff we want but only offering it in BR. WE are not the problem guys. WE paid for the right to play their game and EPIC is treating us like trash. We have to go to what I"m guessing is a 3rd party website just to see our stats when in BR we just have to hit the tab over button or R1 if you are playing on PS4. I mean it's been almost 2 years and we can't get a stats for our Save the World??? It took them a year to give us more story. I just can't take it anymore so I deleted the game off both my PS4 and my PC. I uninstalled the Epic Launcher. And I'll just go without a PC game if the only place I can buy it is from Epic cause they have proven time and time again that we don't matter to them. Once we give them our money we are nothing.

So goodbye to Fortnite and goodbye to the community. I hope that one day you guys get the game y'all deserve. For all those players who stood in the box on spawn and farmed resources while I killed all the encampments (some of y'all pulling extra mobs to me so you could go farm more mats), I hope your accounts get lost and you lose it all.

Please list these day 1 bugs not fixed.

Comment

• weddo602 commented
      Editing a comment
      The auto server

Originally posted by jrdiiorio View Post
    Please list these day 1 bugs not fixed.
    I know, for sure, one bug from day 1 is the "Outlander Uncontrollable Movement" bug. That post is 2 weeks away from being a year old and it is still being "investigated". It was around on day 5, when I started, and it is still around today. I am not sure what other day 1 bugs are still around. It could be that I have just adapted my play style and I do not realize that they are bugs anymore. They finally fixed the issue with placing wall on corners and empty walls, on certain sections of the city map and they finally fixed the Twine Peaks storm shield, that suffered from the same corner / wall placement issue. Those took over a year to fix. I completely understand how Armazi88 feels. I am just biding my time until February 22.

Survivor med bots are still getting "knocked out of position" to the point where you cannot speak to them, thus unable to save all survivors.
    Last edited by Taroftheheel; 02-13-2019, 01:15 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

• nirriti1122 commented
      Editing a comment
      The speak point of the medbot stays at the old position. Look a little bit around the medbot and you can interact with it and an invisible medbot.
      I think the sometimes vanishing magnifier is a bigger problem.

• FMPat commented
      Editing a comment
      I have issues with the medkit ones more then the medbot ones. Half the time you can't speak to them and there is also some cases where you save a survivor and you can't speak to them or you save them and then they die right after they put their hands up and say that's it, your unbelievable or any other line they say after they have been saved. They are supposed to be invincible at that point unless the invincible ones are a glitch and they are still supposed to die after you save them and you get that ding sound.

Lets also not forget the missing survivor on the map. You do the survivor tower which allows the survivor to show up on the map, but when you get to their location they just simply vanish off the map. It is almost like Epic doesn't want you to save them all. Also if you ever do save them all at the end you get a level 3 chest and Ray still says at the end that was nearly everyone even though while in the mission she says that's it you found everyone.

• nirriti1122 commented
      Editing a comment
      In the last case you mentioned the tower just found one survivor which already either died or is saved.
      Ray will only say "You saved everyone" if you saved all 15 survivors which are available in a rescue the survivors mission. If one died and you saved 14, then she will say "That was nearly everyone".
      Also, don't forget about survivors which sometimes just randomly spawn, they can get killed before you find them. Doing that mission with randoms and it is hard to save all because a lot of randoms don't care. Do it solo and you will most times save all 15.

Ola gostaria de saber o que sera necessario para ter a key( um costum privado) eu sou streamer sou campeão nacional do torneio samsung aqui em portugal todos os 20 mil v bucks que tenho na conta sao graças a oferta do torneio... ja tenho um bom publico agora gostaria de saber como consigo alcançar a chave. Obrigado

Comment

Originally posted by Taroftheheel View Post

I know, for sure, one bug from day 1 is the "Outlander Uncontrollable Movement" bug. That post is 2 weeks away from being a year old and it is still being "investigated". It was around on day 5, when I started, and it is still around today. I am not sure what other day 1 bugs are still around. It could be that I have just adapted my play style and I do not realize that they are bugs anymore. They finally fixed the issue with placing wall on corners and empty walls, on certain sections of the city map and they finally fixed the Twine Peaks storm shield, that suffered from the same corner / wall placement issue. Those took over a year to fix. I completely understand how Armazi88 feels. I am just biding my time until February 22.

Survivor med bots are still getting "knocked out of position" to the point where you cannot speak to them, thus unable to save all survivors.
      What's happening on the 22nd?

Comment

• Pailzor commented
        Editing a comment
        Anthem comes out on the 22nd. As far as Fortnite, nothing I've heard about. The new hero system comes out a week later.

As much as I love this game I have to agree with the OP. There is no excuse for Epic selling millions of copies then not putting a small fraction of that revenue back into bug fixes. Anti-material charge has never worked reliably and I beleive it's the same for for other hero abilities, do TEDDY laser eyes work properly yet?

Eventually you can't but help feel that Epic is taking the STW player base for granted. It's likely to get even worse now the scam llama revenue is drying up.
      Last edited by KhaoTong; 02-14-2019, 06:30 AM. Reason: Clarity
      "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how well you play the bird is going to $**t on the board and strut around like it won."

Comment

I've scaled way back on my play. There's simply nothing for me to do. Getting reskins of heroes I already have doesn't really excite me, nor does a new gun when I have dozens leveled.

The lack of endgame content at this point is pretty bad. I'll stop back by when an event with a story pops up, or they actually start doing something with Twine or beyond.
        Fortnite: Heroes try to Save the World, not play Dress Up Royale.

Comment

• gumbisg695 commented
          Editing a comment
          There is the ultimate challenge. Survive 30 waves of frostnite.

• sowhereaminow commented
          Editing a comment
          Not bothering with that mode anymore. None of my friends want to group up to play it, and solo attempts I made were one thrower after another. Kind of sad really. Mode looked interesting.

I agree with the OP this game is done.

Comment

A big part of the problem is that we are comparing BR to STW as far as content and enhancements. If BR didn't exist, we wouldn't be able to make "that comparison" and I think we all would be appreciating STW content more. STW has come along way since I started a year ago, yet I too have had my fair share of frustrations (mostly mid-game crashes) and disappointments (candy Corn LMG and Ghost Pistol).

While I have reached "end-game", I now mostly play for event weapons/heros, and help noobies out with SSD's. I still find ways to keep the game fun now that I no longer have to grind. I look forward to what EPIC has for us in the future.
          ==========================================
          SexyDexxy PL131
          https://v2.fortnitedb.com/en/profile/SexyDexxy
          https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/SexyDexxy
          ==========================================
          “Go steal your momma's credit cards and stop ruining STW for the rest of us!” -sly gumbi

Comment

Agree Just waiting on anthem at this point Too many afk leeching a holes and all the other issues Just making it not worth playing much anymore
            Zug

https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/Zugshad

Comment

SexyDexxy If BR hadn’t come along we wouldn’t be having this discussion. It killed STW (slowly for those who stuck around). Anthem and the Division 2. I’ll still play this more than likely, at least the events, but only because of the money I’ve invested and the potential it could have. I haven’t spent money in a long time. Longer for STW. Who knows though if Anthem is as good as I hope I may just let this go.
              https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/mister%20dem0nic

Comment

Just beat AC Odyssey recently and about to stick KH3 into my XB1. Already bought Division 2 Ultimate Edition. I log in and play a match or two daily with this game, but always on Private.

I haven't spent a dime on this game since July of last year and it's staying that way until I see some real customer support. I'll just keep funding the competition until BR fails and Epic remembers the red-headed stepchild that came first.
                Make Fortnite (Not BR) Great Again.

Comment

The bad thing here and we all see it that epic is sitting on a potential gold mine here STW is fun and if they were to invest in different missions then this game would just blow up. It has a dedicated fan base but we need more or different content consistently.
                  Food for thought good players play STW and everyone else let STW play them.
                  https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/carolinakingme

Comment

Originally posted by CarolinaKingme View Post
                    The bad thing here and we all see it that epic is sitting on a potential gold mine here STW is fun and if they were to invest in different missions then this game would just blow up. It has a dedicated fan base but we need more or different content consistently.
                    That's so true. BR is constantly evolving, especially near the middle-end of a season, which keeps players wondering "what's coming next?", whereas most often than not, we STW players are wondering "is something coming next?". Most often, this is in regards to bug fixes, but more importantly that the game is unfinished and still in beta after so many years of development.

Comment

But EPIC just gave us new BANNERS to try and get with this update that just dropped!

Nothing says "Here's a new building banner!" like needing to spam an additional 400k structures to get said banner.

Now maybe if the banners would allow me to get that Poop Emoji gun i've been pining for
                      I wish Save the World had a Poop Emoji Gun to shoot people who beg for resources...Go Farm!

https://fortnitedb.com/v2/en/profile/spain246
                      https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/spain246

Comment

• KhaoTong commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Still working out how to use these banners, I got 3 today but all they seem to of done is not allow me to collect my week 7 Frostnite rewards and effectively lock me out of the game.
                    Working...
                    X