Obliterator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obliterator

Hello. I have a good idea for PVE.
    If I were you, I would add a Obliterator in Expansion Schematics. It's not event weapon, because it was in two different seasons. And this gun is more like a classic set. Besides, this weapon has no analogues. Thanks for attention.

Yea....no
    The obliterator is part of the military event set. So just wait for the event that it came out with to roll back around and it might be obtainable again. Other than that, the obliterator is indeed a good gun, but you don't need it to progress STW.
    XB - Ogi Zodiac

https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/lonesomesoul

Comment

Give us the Obliterator and let Haters Hate

Comment

You may not need it to progress but **** does it make things hella easier.
        Make Fortnite (Not BR) Great Again.

Comment

I recycled it, so annoyed with myself sometimes
          https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/ben_white161

Comment

The Obliterator was part of the Blockbuster event which was actually 8 months ago, so 4 months to go!

The Obliterator only returned and extra time due to the large amount of requests for said weapon, event weapons are exempt from the core schematic system.
            "I understand we all might disagree and that's good but when trying to be understood at least think before speaking. -OD13"

Comment

• FMPat commented
              Editing a comment
              I know you don't miss any patch notes, so how did you miss the one where non event specific items will become part of the core schematic system? Yes it was an event weapon, but it is not in any way tagged to an event which makes it non event specific.

• OmegaD13 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not so sure it isn't part of an event, the blockbuster event is still classified as an event.

In others words the Military Set is part of Blockbuster; will the Obliterator return, of course but I don't think it will return unless it is part of Blockbuster.

Unless I'm wrong and the Military Set wasn't part of Blockbuster then there is a possibility, in my opinion I hope so and I hope they also add last years winter weapons to the core game schematics as well.

• OmegaD13 commented
              Editing a comment
              My bad I commented before looking below to your post lol.

Actually I get what this OP is saying and all they are asking for is that the gun gets added to regular llamas & as stated gets added to the expansion set collection book which comes with it. The thing Epic did announce is that non event items will end up in regular llamas. The thing is when. When will military weapons be featured in them. I think it will be a while as we still have the tube set and the vindertech set that will happen before the military set. & lets not forget the neon set that also came before the military set. The biggest question is will they do 2 sets at a time or start to do 1 set now. If 2 sets at a time it won't be long before the military set hits regular llamas and can be researched. Also will Epic release these sets once every season or will we see more in-between seasons.

We know guns & heroes like the fortnitemares will only arrive during fortnitemares & the Christmas themed heroes and weapons will only appear during the winter event & so on and so forth like the Easter egg launcher & many other heroes and weapons. Only makes sense that these guns and heroes be around during that time of year & Epic made it clear that event specific items will stay event specific.

Since the Obliterator isn't event specific it will end up in regular llamas & become part of the expansion set. When will it end up in regular llamas is to be determined by a few things I have mentioned above. I will sum it up below in case you missed it or don't feel like reading.

1) How many sets they release each season?
            2) How often they release each set. Is it one or two each season or will we get more then that now?
            3) Will Epic go in order of when each set was released? So far they are going in order as the hydraulic weapons where released first in august 2017 & again in January 2018 & the scavenger weapons where released in October 2017. In order after that was the vindertech, vacuum, neon, then military. Might just be 2 more seasons before the obliterator gets put in everyones hands.

The Obliterator will be available to everyone sometime in the future. For now just find a buddy who can craft them for you and is willing to do that until you can craft them yourself for your defenders. The neon sniper rifle is a good alternative to the obliterator if you have one in the mean time. Bacon is now easier to get in a ghost town and makes crafting ammo for it much easier. We all know the main reason why people use these 2 guns and it is to be put in a defenders hands. This makes things much easier, but there are other things that also make the game much easier like proper trap tunnels and knowing to just let them do their job and not go near them especially when there are propane husks.
            Lets save the world, not end it. We need more players like you to help shape the way this game plays out. Don't become one of them toxic players or you will greatly end the world and not save it.
            https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/fmpat PL120
            https://v2.fortnitedb.com/en/profile/FMPat more up to date info.
            Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Comment

The biggest issue I'm seeing here is bloat. They come out with new guns every "Season" that may or may not turn out to be good. Adding to that, if they only come out once a year or once period, anyone that plays late or later missed them is forever behind. Of course, there's the shared opinion that these very nice toys aren't necessary to play and or win matches, but I personally believe in not settling for less when I know there's a better weapon for the job. It has gotten to the point that a very small percentage of the most viable weapons DPS-wise are available at all times from the CB.

Another factor to consider is platform. I play on PC, so my emphasis when choosing a weapon is going to be its raw DPS in addition to its ability to land headshots repeatedly. As a result, Tiger is easily my top pick as an all-rounder weapon. If you play on console or aren't very good with aiming, you may not share my sentiment. That's fine.

What the game needs right now is a lot less exclusivity with its weapons distribution systems. I could understand Holiday themed weapons only appearing annually and shop only weapons appearing occasionally. But what's the real harm in leaving non-holiday llamas up for grabs long term? A really nice weapon goes up on the shop for one week and a person can't get at it because he started playing 8 months too late and it has never appeared again? If I started playing this game last week and looked through the CB, I'd have a lot of questions and probably be livid at how much stuff is walled off by "You had to be there, man."
              Make Fortnite (Not BR) Great Again.

Comment

• FMPat commented
                Editing a comment
                They will end up in the core of the game. Everyone just needs to be a little patient is all. This is something new that Epic just released. We will probably get a better understanding of the event items getting added to the core in 8.0 when I am sure we will get 1 or 2 more event exclusive items added. Epic knows that they needed to do this when they released medieval weapons instead of tube weapons in winter llamas. More will come after the 2 we just got. The question is when and how often as Epic is hush hush about that. They just said over time we will get event exclusive items that aren't event specific to be added to the core game. How quick will they get added is still up in the air as Epic hasn't said anything about this. Military weapons will def. be one of them because they can't hold these weapons for specific days of the year like Veterans day or Memorial day for an example.
                Last edited by FMPat; 02-26-2019, 01:23 PM.

Originally posted by SirServed29 View Post
              The biggest issue I'm seeing here is bloat. They come out with new guns every "Season" that may or may not turn out to be good. Adding to that, if they only come out once a year or once period, anyone that plays late or later missed them is forever behind. Of course, there's the shared opinion that these very nice toys aren't necessary to play and or win matches, but I personally believe in not settling for less when I know there's a better weapon for the job. It has gotten to the point that a very small percentage of the most viable weapons DPS-wise are available at all times from the CB.

Another factor to consider is platform. I play on PC, so my emphasis when choosing a weapon is going to be its raw DPS in addition to its ability to land headshots repeatedly. As a result, Tiger is easily my top pick as an all-rounder weapon. If you play on console or aren't very good with aiming, you may not share my sentiment. That's fine.

What the game needs right now is a lot less exclusivity with its weapons distribution systems. I could understand Holiday themed weapons only appearing annually and shop only weapons appearing occasionally. But what's the real harm in leaving non-holiday llamas up for grabs long term? A really nice weapon goes up on the shop for one week and a person can't get at it because he started playing 8 months too late and it has never appeared again? If I started playing this game last week and looked through the CB, I'd have a lot of questions and probably be livid at how much stuff is walled off by "You had to be there, man."
              if you miss out in something then it's your fault not the devs. new things come out every season and, yes, we dont know if they will be OP or not. so guess what.

get them. get them all. every week buy it from the event store. every gun, every hero. I have 3 dozen guns sitting at 20 because I havent even touched them but I do have them if I want to use them or they get a nice buff down the road.

you cant sit there and say that you think that a gun might be garbage, pass on it, and then expect it to be brought back at your demand because all of a sudden a new hero came along that specializes with that weapon and the perks synergize perfectly.

Comment

• SirServed29 commented
                Editing a comment
                If that's what you got out of my post, you're sorely mistaken. Adding weapons that are "potentially too good to pass up" for a week at a time is just a mental tactic to keep people logging in at least once a week. I know because that was literally what I did for 6 months straight.

Look at weapon of the week.
                Do math.
                Pass or buy.
                If I did buy, level it. Otherwise skip to next line.
                Log out.

The only time I found myself actually playing the game was to restore the Gold necessary to keep buying weapons. Even then it was a match on Private that I'd complete then just idle until the timer ran down.

I'm not saying I think they should repost certain weapons because I thought they were garbage and missed them.
                I'm saying that most of the weapons that are readily available are garbage compared to the legoin of limited time weapons they've added over the past year and a half.
                I'm saying that there are too many weapons in the game to have the majority of the viable ones vaulted for 10 months at a time.
                I'm saying if players had more access to said shelved weapons, they may feel a lot less inclined to try and trade, scam, or get scammed for them.
                I'm saying look at the picture from the perspective of someone that hasn't had their spirit broken by the poor handling of this product.

This thread reminds me of the same conversations in the past over the Grave Digger. I guarantee that right after the Obliterator is available again, the hype will shift to the re-availability of the Wraith, Bobcat, Tiger...etc.

After you play for a year, you will likely have an opportunity at all these weapons.
              ==========================================
              SexyDexxy PL131
              https://v2.fortnitedb.com/en/profile/SexyDexxy
              https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/SexyDexxy
              ==========================================
              “Go steal your momma's credit cards and stop ruining STW for the rest of us!” -sly gumbi

Comment

• FMPat commented
                Editing a comment
                Every gun you mentioned except for the GD will be available in the core part of the game in a future update.

Originally posted by SexyDexxy View Post
              This thread reminds me of the same conversations in the past over the Grave Digger. I guarantee that right after the Obliterator is available again, the hype will shift to the re-availability of the Wraith, Bobcat, Tiger...etc.

After you play for a year, you will likely have an opportunity at all these weapons.
              Yes Wraith and some other weapons should be available too. What's wrong with that? After reaching 120+ power level why not have means of acquiring non themed weapons? There is absolutely no sane reason!

Comment

• FMPat commented
                Editing a comment
                And they will be added in time. Just need to be patient as Epic is adding event items to the core part of the game little by little. It all started with the tube weapons not being in winter llamas and instead we got medieval weapons. More will follow in the future including all of the military wepaons, such as the tiger, lynx & I believe wraith. Not sure how fast Epic will be adding event sets to the core, but just relax be patient and look in the news tab for this game on this website for patch notes usually every week.
            Working...
            X