X

Helpful Tips For New Players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

To reiterate what Arkturis83 said,do NOT forget to add to the collection book. If you have duplicates, put them in. Once you level it high enough the rewards get amazing! I think it was at level 13 you get 500 V-Bucks!!!

Comment

Hello everyone. I am going to attempt to only put helpful tips that I have not yet read in this forum, but if I duplicate something, I apologize.
      I plan to keep updating this list as time goes on.
      • If you realize you are not going to kill the "Sploder Husk" before they throw the propane tank, you CAN use your pickaxe to knock the propane away from you and usually have it blow up on the "Sploder" who just threw it.
      • When crafting weapons/traps check your inventory afterward and be sure to combine stacks together instead of having one stack of 30 and one stack of 60 so that you aren't filling unnecessary backpack slots
      • On the same note as before, when collecting more rare materials such as the Powercells, check to make sure they didn't take up 4 individual slots for stacks of 5 or 3. This has happened to me and my friends several times and its always better to have more backpack inventory slots available.
      • If you realize you have 400-500 of an item (Rough Ore, Planks..) ask your next group of teammates if they could use any of it and if not, drop a few stacks to give yourself some more backpack slots.
      • You can prevent a "Laser" husk from ever firing from their eyes by using a shotgun. Body shots stop them, but head shots disrupt their readiness to cast.
      • Once you have put all the Common (Grey) and Uncommon (Green) heroes/survivors/weapons (if you don't use) into your collection book, make sure to recycle frequently to keep your storage slots available, but also to get the extra XP to level up the schematics, survivors, and heroes you play with.
      • At the current moment (as no one is far enough to counter this) matching your squad members bonus abilities is more important than matching the personality as the personality bonus only applies when 7/7 match. Ability bonuses can be effective with just 2 squad members such as the +5% Health Bonus or +5% Shield.
      • Following up the previous tip; it is sometimes worth putting a squad member that only gives you 8 basepower over a 12 if it means you gain a bonus. If you where to gain 8 extra Fortitde with your basepower 12 squad member which puts you at say 178 but your +5% bonus health would end up giving you a 5% increase from your 170 which is 178.5, you should go with the "weaker" squad member.
      • If you have a constructor on your team and they are doing their part by building the fort for the mission, ask if they would like a few or your resources to make sure they are not sitting at just 100 of each resource when the fight starts and then leaves a mission bone dry. Maxed out inventory doesn't help anyone.
      • If you are ever short on materials and believe your weapon may break during combat, don't be afraid to ask if someone can drop you a weapon. Your teammate would rather lose a few materials and finish the mission successfully then see their teammate running around with their hands in the air because they don't have a weapon to use. (I personally can always make a few different Epic weapons for this very reason)
      • If your missions has husks coming from several directions, call out which direction you are watching. This will make the entire process much easier and more reliable then 1 person standing on one side, but the other 3 running around in circles trying to defend the North side because they saw a couple of husks on the South side, but during that time they reached the base.
      • When a wall to your base falls, don't assume one of your other teammates are gong to put up a new wall while you go and kill more husks. Always be ready to re-fortify the base first then continue shooting. This can save the mission.
      • The Decoy ability can be used to stop a "Taker". Once a "Taker" sets its site on a person, easier if it is you with the Decoy ability, place the Decoy directly in front of the target right before the "Taker" arrives. It will run into it or zip over, preventing it from harming you/target and usually goes and attacks the Decoy allowing you to kill it.

I am sure there are more things I could put here and as they come up in game I will be sure and update my list after reading others additions. Hope this information is helpful to some. If you ever have any questions about the game feel free to PM me.

Comment

According to this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...ffense_and_do/

The +x% damage does absolutely not what it say and is only a flat +x offense stat increase, making it FAR worse than it says and making crit far better, i just wish i had read that earlier and not trashed most of my good items.

Comment

Hi everyone. This is my first Post, & I meant to stick it into a 'Say Hello' Thread I woulda swore I thought I had seen a day or 2 ago while Researching this game but can't find now, even with my wusstacular Search-Fu usage in the Search Box... so i'll stick it here. :)

Many thanks for all these Tips from ya'all! :D

Comment

How do I map my additional abilities to my character? (I'm on PS4)

Comment

Originally posted by RavenousLD3341 View Post
              How do I map my additional abilities to my character? (I'm on PS4)
              Do you mean abilities like hovering turret, airstrike, etc?

If so, when you enter a mission, you have a loading page where you and other heros are standing on glowing circles. If you select X, you will get a pop up where you can select 'Edit Hero Gadgets'. You can only assign 2 at a time to your hero. They persist so if you set it once and they will be there for future missions until you select differently.

Comment

Folks, in your experience will all weapons trigger the propane tanks? I remember cussing about shooting right through them at first. I noticed them exploding when i started using a fire damage weapon or explosives later on. Did i just miss?

Comment

I think so. I've tried hitting them with a scoped sniper and sometimes it doesn't go boom. I move a little closer and then it goes ka-boom. Maybe it has to do with the kill time of the bullet?

Comment

Based on how propane tanks work as separate props, it may be that you have to do a particular amount of damage to get the tank to get it to light on fire; at long range you may not be doing enough, while damage over time (such as affliction damage) may bypass that and deal enough damage to pass the threshold. But that's a guess.

Comment

I guess it's a better question for the devs. If Stormcaller is right, then it all depends on how much health the tank has.

Comment

Here's a little tip for beginners! I wouldn't wast my schematic XP on a ranged weapon that's rare or below. Once you hit epic the smaller stuff is better. That is stuff like the reload speed, knock back... I've heard someone else say once that it's a good idea to keep an upgraded lower grade weapon as they're easier to craft. Especially in a pickle. I've never had this issue however as I play single player only and sometimes just start a mission in an industrial zone to collect supplies to just leave after I've crafted the weapon I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by DripDrip View Post
                          Folks, in your experience will all weapons trigger the propane tanks? I remember cussing about shooting right through them at first. I noticed them exploding when i started using a fire damage weapon or explosives later on. Did i just miss?
                          As best as I can tell, i've been able to get them to light & Kaboom just fine with any Bullet Hit & Ninja Stars... never yet got one to light with Melee Attacks.

Comment

Working...
                          X