Could this work as a way for trading?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this work as a way for trading?

I know fortnite says trade at your own risk, and there currently is no trade system.

This is my idea for a trade system. First, there needs to be an area in game, maybe while in a mission that allows you to trade. So that formal (safe) trades can be done here. Both players suggest what they would like to offer, then they review trade and accept. If one player doesn't accept, then the trade does not work. And no one loses items.

Second, to use the trade area, both players must have unlocked it in game. This is a feature that is worked up to. Or maybe you can only start trading in Plankerton or Canny Valley. Once unlocked, you can earn trade tickets, which are used to make the trade area work.

There could also be ratios set. One gun or weapon , traded for another gun or weapon. For resources, maxed at one stack for one stack of similar rarity items. Or a maximum of 99 for a mix of different resources.

I feel like this system could work for the way STW has been set up, and they don't need to implement a global trading system. Players can control their trades and get their stuff instantly. What does the community think? Would something like this work or does anyone have a different idea that fortnite could work with?

Trading right now seems to be a problem. Yes, we trade at our own risk and we should only trade with those we trust, but that doesn't help solve the problem that it's happening. If there is a formal (safe) way to trade, then that might deter the way things are traded atm. Prevent people from getting their items stolen, or scammed. And help people to progress through the game.
Working...
X