X

Why trading with risk is a good thing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Why trading with risk is a good thing.

Let me just start off by saying the most important commodity in game is your reputation. I've never played a game (outside of an MMO) that depends so much on having friends to progress in the endgame and events.

If someone scams you they might get a few guns or materials, but they have traded a valuable piece of their reputation away for them. A solid reputation as a good trader, base builder, or someone who doesn't afk during a game is worth more than 100 God-rolled Sunbeam lvl weapons. Reputation means you'll be on and accepted to friend lists. You'll have access to players to group with on quests and events that are sometimes impossible to PUG, like Survive the Storm multidays and Hordebash along with stormshield defenses.

If someone scams you make sure your friends know it and likewise recommend the good traders. Losing a gun here and there might suck, but in the long run the scammer will lose much more. Beyond letting your friends know there isn't much you or the game assistants can do, it's your word against theirs. Btw, if someone out there wants to start a YouTube channel for scammers caught in the act the community would be all the better for it.

I say this as often as I can whenever someone spams the chat that "so and so" is a scammer. Just be careful, use your own ssd base, and start small with one gun or one stack of whatever. Once they build a reputation as a good trader then work up. Microphones help to avoid miscommunication as well since the chat boxes never seem to want to stay open.

Lastly I'm open to trade anytime. LvL 100 so you know inwony let me reputation go down the tubes :-)

...To any would be scammers reading this, just dont. No weapon (which will be broken by days end) is worth even just one person not willing to group with you. Players in your party are worth more than any weapon you could ever scam from someone. THEY are the most valuable commodity in this game. I know the beggining levels seem rife with a multitude of players and "suckers", but when you pass lvl 75 players are battle hardened and have no tolerance for scammers, afk'rs, and trolls. People on my friends list get access to my legendary traps and weapons whenever they need, being a good friend and player is a way easier method of getting legendarys. Trust me on this one...

Would you have a good nature rocket launcher by any chance on ps4( cosmicpixelga212) or pc (bh_showtime) preferably lvl25-40

Comment

Well said man. There's absolutely no need to scam in this game too. You only get a small advantage that last for like few games, but then what?

Comment

Or you could do the rest of us a favour and stop trading. I dont mind people looking to trade in the trading sub section of the forums, but when global chat is being spammed by a bunch of kids who made their way here from BR, it ruins the chat for the rest of us, especially the ones who need help with storm shield defence as their request gets buried. I'm sick of seeing these kids spam our chat, and then complain that they've been scammed. News flash: we have no sympathy for you if you get scammed. If only people realised how useless trading in this game actually is (mainly weapons), it would finally stop. Oh cool, you just got given a level 10 silver legendary siege breaker (Or scar as the kids call it)? Oh yeah, you're level 7 and still in stonewood, you're not going to be able to get the most out of that weapon because you're not a high enough level to use it to it's full potential. Grind. That's what you're supposed to do.

Comment

• Nimassus commented
          Editing a comment
          this is not the worst. the worst is a simple spam with "trade?" for 500 times in a row. dude, i might want to trade with you, but as long as i dont know what you want, im not responding to anything.

• ClintParis commented
          Editing a comment
          I see them people in chat all the time, lol. Theyll spam trade constantly for about an hour straight instead of playing the game and actually earning their schematics. Seems kids nowadays feel they are entitled to get everything for free without doing anything useful. :/

Originally posted by ActionBastrd6980 View Post
        Let me just start off by saying the most important commodity in game is your reputation. [....] Players in your party are worth more than any weapon you could ever scam from someone. THEY are the most valuable commodity in this game. I know the beggining levels seem rife with a multitude of players and "suckers", but when you pass lvl 75 players are battle hardened and have no tolerance for scammers, afk'rs, and trolls. People on my friends list get access to my legendary traps and weapons whenever they need, being a good friend and player is a way easier method of getting legendarys. Trust me on this one...
        Solid advice. Build friendships and get a good rep., then you will have a very good time in STW.

Comment

Working...
        X