Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert Missions

Hi Everyone,

Last night I logged in to check out what alert missions were available. Saw one that had 20 VBucks, another with a Key Schematic, and so on. I hammered out the VBuck alert, got my reward but when I went over to the other alerts there was no longer a "Timed Bonus Reward" even though it had a Clock Icon. The clock timer was still counting so it should not have expired. I ran the alert still in case it was a UI issue, but no bonus reward. Even when the timers flipped over to the next 6 hour window, I was not able to collect any alert rewards. I checked again this morning and the three available Alerts were once again showing bonus rewards so it's not tied to the Daily reset timer.

Is the Intent you only get a single Alert reward in a specific time period? Is this a perhaps a bug that is incorrectly flagging all Alerts as completed? Am I missing something on how Alerts work? I'd expect I could complete each Alert once for the bonus reward.

Thanks.

I'm not sure of the actual number or when the reset happens but there is a limit to the number of alert rewards you can collect in a day.

Comment

Yah it seems to be 2 per day. The economy these days.

Comment

If you run the alert, you should get the rewards. It shouldn't matter how many you run. The whole point of doing it is to get rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip02 View Post
          If you run the alert, you should get the rewards. It shouldn't matter how many you run. The whole point of doing it is to get rewards.
          yup, totally agree.. it strongly reduces the point of alert missions... what'st he point if we can get only 2 a day anyway... why do they even reset then. Common way these objectivee works is that you complete all of them, then wait for reset... but fornite has many 'bizarre' systems that are designed to be hindrance to player.

Comment

I hope this system gets improved soon. A bit conufsing in the moment if you ask me. Sometimes you can even see the reward, but still don't get it afterwards. Maybe because it is simply buggy, or you hit the reward limit for that day. Then the icons don't do a good job telling you what you get. Survivors don't have a color, and schematics need a proper prefix so you don't think it is a single use weapon.

Comment

The idea is nice, letting you choose a "Daily Quest" by the Rewards.

The UI around it is kind of poor though. It doesn't tell you there's a limit at all, and ideally should tell you how many you have available. The absolute optimal would be a way to do the mission without using your Alert if you were doing it to finish a quest/help a friend/etc rather then actually wanting the reward.

Comment

This is an absolutely stupid idea to have timed rewards have a limit on how many rewards you can get from said timed rewards in a day. Timed rewards are play this for the bonus once then move to the next one not debate on wether or not you really need this reward or not because you can only get it two times a day. Hell even F2P phone games don't limit the amount of timed rewards you get per day(still only one bonus per play of the mission). This is just a new low and this needs to change!!!!

Comment

The daily limit on this also causes me to avoid ever using the "Play With Others" mode for random missions. There's no way I'm going to waste limited daily rewards on potentially getting 75 Planks instead of 15-20 Vbucks. Removing the daily limit but only getting to collect a reward once from a particular alert would be entirely fine.

Comment

I was wondering what was happening. This really needs to be explained clearly. Or removed entirely. At least make a option to refuse the rewards at the end.

Comment

Man...i really like this game and am starting to regret buying it for me and my wife. If i would have known progression depended so much on llamas (xp/gear which i'm sorry is clearly p2w) i wouldn't have bought it. I'm missing countless rewards from missions (even after i do them twice). This is serious game breaking issues.

Comment

it is not p2w. pay to win easily, but by no means pay to win. ive spent $20, and I'm in twine peaks. friend is using a blue hero there as well.

Comment

What i mean is...the more money you put into it...the more stuff you get that makes the game easier to play. (after buying the game, you can just spend money for xp, legendary heroes, the best weapons). It is obvious isn't it...the more money you put in the better chances of getting great things which makes you "win" the mission more easily. I wasn't speaking about what some people do (as in you mentioning your circumstances). I was speaking on how the game is structured around loot boxes you can buy (which are WAY more than just cosmetic). Anyway this is off topic now.

Comment

Well, I'm also starting to regret buying this game, because for me getting those alert rewards is a good reason for playing. I mean, being able to collect those goods just once a day qhen they show up seems fine to me, otherwise it is abusive. Since I'm having many of the issues explained above and support that doesn't answer at all, I wish I hadn't buy it at all. Nice game but I'm not happy with the actual situation.

Comment

Working...
                            X