Christmas Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Event

So where is the info on this rumored Christmas event?

I can't seem to stumble upon it.

p.s. keep Vindertech active for a minimum of 2 weeks, aka 1 more week please.

Yes where is it? Its funny how every few days you hear about Battle Royale, a game mode that was supposed to come out 1 year from now, you hear less and less each day about Save the World, the original , game, where we paid money to make Fortnite a reality. I am starting to feel STW is the red headed step step and will be neglected to death. It looks like Epic Games will focus on BR game mode and leave the STW player base behind.

Comment

• coltie2 commented
      Editing a comment
      save the world doesn't need updates everyday bud. calm down and enjoy as it is. honestly like 1 update a month would be fine

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like STW has a longer lasting appeal, as you upgrade your character and prepare for different challenges.

BR is just like running around a paintball course and other than cosmetics it seems pointless to keep playing other than maybe just a fun night with friends.

Comment

Thats right but:
      There are a lot of issues that were not addressed in STW. Every patch note read like: BR BR BR BR and tiny mention STW

But all STW players payed for the game. Its not free to play yet.
      We were busy submitting bugs and problems and wishes and we got nothing. We only got BR which no one wanted. And since then we see a lot of changes in BR. The BR Mode is actively developed and made better but nothing in STW. It stays the same more or less. We saw a light at the horrizon when the helloween event came out but the actual event (vindertech) is pain again. Its exactly like the old events we criticized so much and where we hoped it will be better. For a better and more fun STW experience.

And again we see love for BR and nothing for STW.
      Its like santa vor BR and grinch for STW.

Comment

Current event was made during a BR meeting to save time, by one guy, using one hand. Do ((X, X times). X times).
        BAF.
        State of StW

Comment

Would be nice to know something... I think eventually STW will probably vanish and be replaced by adding husks and objectives to a BR style pvp/pve open world map. STW is all about llamas, llamas, and llamas so eventually it will die bc Epic will just get more greedy as time goes by and will eventually push all STW players away....

Even with events it's still just the same ole grind in the same mission types with the same RESOURCE rewards and always looking to earn tickets or vbucks to run back to the RNG loot box llama just to get disappointed again and again....

Fun is no longer on the to do list of developers and publishers alike it's just about making $$$ by adding more RNG loot llamas with terrible drop rates and an unfullfilling boring grind to entice players to give in and spend real money to bypass the boring grind. Ugh.... This game could be SOOOOO much better if they would just listen to gamers instead of cramming RNG progression loot llamas in our faces constantly...

IMagine Fortnite with a Borderlands loot system and an endless cosmetic line up. Consisting of clothes, gun camos/cosmetic attachments, faces, gear, emotes, phrases, winning poses, the list goes on and on. Why did they have to cross the line and literally dump EVERYTHING besides recourses into RNG loot crates?

So frustrating that the industry leaders no longer care about what gamers want...

Comment

From everything I've seen and heard, the Christmas Event is the previous STS event with snow-covered maps and of course, new hero skins and weapons. Without any information about WHEN it will be released, I'm guessing it'll be maybe two weeks before Christmas if we're lucky and it might last until the first week of January. We shall see.

Comment

I doubt STW will be going anywhere. It's still probably their money maker, the trophies are clearly geared towards the long run.

If anything BR has just bolstered STW by attracting players.

They do need to finish Canny and Twine already, that is b.s. that they aren't finished, IMO.

Vindertech is a joke. All they did was add side quests(more like tasks) and attempt to make energy ammo relevant. But it's better than nothing. New guns, new llama, bonus rewards for mutant storm adds incentive to play more, for a week.

I want snow in STW.

Comment

nah fam you dead wrong for this, if anything, STW attracted players to play BR. u can keep queing yourself on canny valley and twine peaks and get stuck on lobbies by yourself all day as opposed to playing BR and then less than 30 secs later you jump out of the bus. even at the higher end of plankerton, you can get stuck in lobbies by yourself all day. this is one of the main reasons i slowed down. i heard ppl in canny valley and twine peaks cant even play due to the fact that most players switched to BR or different game. it’s sad but it’s the truth. i play on ps4 and im not half way done at plankerton and i could already tell you, u cant solo some of the missions especially if you’re doing build the shelter.

Comment

cuz who you gonn trust to shoot them husks when they start coming for the shelter? your defenders? those defenders are a joke. defenders my *****. those guys are doing more harm than good. i had to revive all three of em even though they’re semi maxed out, protected by maxed out metal walls and a bunch of traps. 1 legendary sniper, 1 legendary shotgun 1 epic assault and I died many times trying to revive them. THOSE GUYS ARE BLIND. #FACTS

Comment

This event will make or break the game, people are tired of BR on the STW side, if the event doesn't happen, game is dead, if it sucks and was rushed game is dead. I hope they are just hush hush and working very hard or there will be a mass exodus from this game on the PVE side.

Comment

I can't wait for the xmas event, favorite time of year. I don't care if all we get is snow covered maps with husks wearing xmas hats and scarves. Won't stop me playing into the New Year and waiting for all the new developments to come from what many forget is an EARLY ACCESS game :)

Patience is a virtue...

Comment

Originally posted by MadMayonaise View Post
                        This event will make or break the game, people are tired of BR on the STW side, if the event doesn't happen, game is dead, if it sucks and was rushed game is dead. I hope they are just hush hush and working very hard or there will be a mass exodus from this game on the PVE side.
                        I think the last patch, which broke several more things about Save the World really killed off some of the playerbase. It just feels harder to find games since it.

and Christmas event? Get real guys, it's not fccking happening. You're really turning into giant **** sacks, Epic. I will NEVER play Battle Royal.

Comment

Yes my bad. Though it seems like they didn't announce it til a few days ago. Feels quickly slapped together but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Kinda View Post
                          Would be nice to know something... I think eventually STW will probably vanish and be replaced by adding husks and objectives to a BR style pvp/pve open world map. STW is all about llamas, llamas, and llamas so eventually it will die bc Epic will just get more greedy as time goes by and will eventually push all STW players away....

Even with events it's still just the same ole grind in the same mission types with the same RESOURCE rewards and always looking to earn tickets or vbucks to run back to the RNG loot box llama just to get disappointed again and again....

Fun is no longer on the to do list of developers and publishers alike it's just about making $$$ by adding more RNG loot llamas with terrible drop rates and an unfullfilling boring grind to entice players to give in and spend real money to bypass the boring grind. Ugh.... This game could be SOOOOO much better if they would just listen to gamers instead of cramming RNG progression loot llamas in our faces constantly...

IMagine Fortnite with a Borderlands loot system and an endless cosmetic line up. Consisting of clothes, gun camos/cosmetic attachments, faces, gear, emotes, phrases, winning poses, the list goes on and on. Why did they have to cross the line and literally dump EVERYTHING besides recourses into RNG loot crates?

So frustrating that the industry leaders no longer care about what gamers want...
                          i dont think you know this game at all. STW been around 8 years. epic put all thier chips in it. only reason BR was made because dev' s at epic we're messing around and playing vs each other. then they heard PUBG was coming out on console and dropped it. STW players drop money everyday. while hardly any BR do. so yes kick people with the money out and drop 8 years of stw for br which has been out 4 months? and lose all your cash flow. which in overall would destroy fortnite in total.

Comment

Working...
                          X