X

Low level players in high level zones.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low level players in high level zones.

Something needs to be done about this. Like put restrictions in place where you cannot enter a zone unless you're a certain lvl. Dont know about anyone else but im getting sick of joining games and being paired with players that are well below the recommended lvl. They just stand around watching me build everything and expect to be carried through the whole thing.

I do higher PL missions all the time and carry my own weight. Seen many people join missions my level that are way under powered and just rock. It is because they want to push and test themselves. Plus the XP and rewards can be a contributing factor.

The thing is, regardless of a persons PL you will always get people that stand around and watch you build. Some refuse to build or contribute to defenses what so ever. I'm in Twine and get people higher than me doing just this. It isn't a low level thing but lazy people thing.

The only time I don't like lower PL people is when they come into a mission and scream constantly "START" "GO" when we haven't even got traps up yet. But those people are few and far between thankfully and my team usually ignores them or asks them to 'solo it and carry us all'. That often makes them quiet lol.

They made the event maps so you could only do your own levels and I hated it with a passion. Was stuck constantly with missions I had no desire to do. If I had the ability to go to lower or higher missions, could of contributed to helping others complete the missions too. As most of my friends are at same level, couldn't ask many of them to join their missions either to circumvent this.

People often farm lower/higher level missions as well for weapon materials. Stopping them from being able too wouldn't be good.

Hope you find a good team to play with instead, makes these lazy people more bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by LtMouse View Post
      I do higher PL missions all the time and carry my own weight. Seen many people join missions my level that are way under powered and just rock. It is because they want to push and test themselves. Plus the XP and rewards can be a contributing factor.

The thing is, regardless of a persons PL you will always get people that stand around and watch you build. Some refuse to build or contribute to defenses what so ever. I'm in Twine and get people higher than me doing just this. It isn't a low level thing but lazy people thing.

The only time I don't like lower PL people is when they come into a mission and scream constantly "START" "GO" when we haven't even got traps up yet. But those people are few and far between thankfully and my team usually ignores them or asks them to 'solo it and carry us all'. That often makes them quiet lol.

They made the event maps so you could only do your own levels and I hated it with a passion. Was stuck constantly with missions I had no desire to do. If I had the ability to go to lower or higher missions, could of contributed to helping others complete the missions too. As most of my friends are at same level, couldn't ask many of them to join their missions either to circumvent this.

People often farm lower/higher level missions as well for weapon materials. Stopping them from being able too wouldn't be good.

Hope you find a good team to play with instead, makes these lazy people more bearable.
      thats's great and all but there is really no reason for a pl 30 to be in a pl 70 mission. i've seen a couple bozos party up together and just walk around the map while we are defending the objective. when i ask them to come help he just says "im pl 30 what do u expect me to do?"

??????????????????????????????????? don't queue up for the mission then ???????????

his buddy who is 50 something pl is just walking around with him too, not helping defend/build/anything. maybe have more in depth options when you start a mission that allow you to choose whether you want these useless people in your games?

low level players can always farm in their own private lobby, they don't need to drag other players down in the process of getting mats.

Comment

• LtMouse
        LtMouse commented
        Editing a comment
        I've taken a PL1 friend into missions with us. People usually laugh and ask why, we say to torture him (which really isn't the case, he just likes to wander around and die). These of course are not critical team missions that require a lot of fire power but ones we could do solo/duo anyway). You never quite know why a lower level has joined and it could be to spend some fun time with a friend. That shouldn't stop.

I do have a friend that has a simple solution though. If he joins a mission with people that are PL50 or below in a 70+ mission he just leaves. He doesn't feel like he is wasting his time with lowbies and they get to try and complete the mission they way they want. Everyone wins.

• ChimpBalls
        ChimpBalls commented
        Editing a comment
        like i said, give us the option to choose whether we want people who are <40 of the recommended pl. you can still queue up with your lvl 1's and i can choose to never see them. everyone wins

Originally posted by ChimpBalls View Post
      i've seen a couple bozos party up together and just walk around the map while we are defending the objective. when i ask them to come help he just says "im pl 30 what do u expect me to do?"
      That ****** me off as well. I just report them since they're basically not doing the mission.
      "Just a little something in times of need." - RaY

Comment

All of my friends are below my level. I do not mind playing with them, but sometimes we seek the challenge (like yesterday me PL40 my friend PL 29 doing a PL mission). Since you approach with this differently (you go try out if you can kill the small mobs) etc we provided funnels and traps when the end of the mission was to defend 3 atlas. And however it worked out wery fine, even though we had just another PL 39 and a PL 23 in the mission. I think if everyone provides towards the objective you can stomp much higher levels than you are actually yourself.
        Unfortunately quite a bunch of people are harrassing the open join structure of the game to just get their lazy bums supported and a level cap would not hurt them (they will still be lazy in their own levels) but the ones seeking the challenge and contributing. I.E. I would not be able to play wiht my friends anymore (I could not proceeed any story or event or quest while playing with them because it is a too low level for me) while they can not join me on my missions to have fun, which is kinda contraproductive.

Comment

It's like Aeonra said. Lazy people are the problem not lower levels. I'm doing missions up to 10 levels above myself too sometimes (**** for 3 days I've not seen any storm with the needed modifier on my level or below but only above my level)and it's not a problem all you need is having a weapon good enough and a bit of traps, but even without traps you can still built up all the walls and things. The problem is just having lazy people who expect you to do the mission for them. Solving this problem isn't done by adding a PL restriction to missions that will only limit their missions available but change nothing about their lazyness.
          One could think of other things to do e.g. depending on mission type some kind of contributing to the missions main task could be relevant to exp you get.

Comment

The problem is Plankerton is far too spread. Out of the 3 multiplayer options you have.
            1) Best choice for quest progression. (fine as long as quests are working unlike for the past week where hundreds of levels 20-25's have been stuck so not using this option)
            2) Play with anyone ( This is where the problem lies it ignores your level and the level of those you are joining this is how low levels join your group.)
            3) Custom power level ( This is also a dilemma as you cannot actually customize the level and it tends to throw a power level 23 into level 19 rooms. which is what a lot of people can't be bothered doing due to exp loss)

There is a couple of ways to actually fix this issue and that is to fix the options people do the "Play with others" option for increased 20exp bonus. Make the limitations work like expected and we can reduce the issues.

Comment

Issue is the matchmaking. Stone wood is 1-17 (I think) and plankerton is 17-45 (I think). My group is all near 40s and we'll get 17s, 18s and maybe low 20s. They're still technically allowed to join even being 20 levels lower. The game just needs to matchmake a full group of 40s with 40s or 20s with 20s. Honestly it could be save the worlds low pop count as it's not why Fortnite is popular so a low player count can contribute to seeing this issue, it happens in various multiplayer games with low pop or terrible matchmaking setups. If that is the reason then all we can do is tough it out as I don't mind carrying lower lvl players or me getting carried as long as they/I'm not standing around doing nothing, as long as effort in contributing is shown then I don't mind at all. If the issue is lazy players, there's not much Epic can do, you can't make someone play your way. Best you could do is probably report them, even then, it could be possible a lvl 17 considers himself useless in a 45 lvl mission to where he would go "why bother, what could I do?". I don't blame them, but showing effort in trying would help you get a pass on being lazy even if your damage output isn't great.

in short: I don't mind level differences of 20+ so long as effort is shown, I know one possibly will be very ineffective but just try *thumbs up*. You can still lead the monsters around even if you can't kill them, you can still repair and build up healing structures.

Comment

Was trying to spam an PL64 encampment mission the other day for O. ore and for at least 2 hours there were 2 people PL40 and PL42 teamed up basically holding the mission hostage so they could leech of others.. After avoiding their group for the 4th time i wanted to see if they were even pulling their own weight in the mission. Not to my surprise they were not even helping . the 42 spent the entire mission farming and the 40 only helped with the 2nd camp then went back to farming.

Comment

Personally I'm PL17 and although I'm still fairly new I've been having the same problem. Surprisingly though I've been largely getting it on the Survive the Storm section. It's meant for PL15+ yet I'm getting people with PL3 who have no idea what they're doing. Sometimes I've been getting PL40+ yet they leave halfway through leaving me to carry by myself which inevitably causes my team to lose. Fair enough if people want to push themselves but I didn't try until I got to about PL9 I think. I thought it wouldn't be that difficult at the time, so idk maybe other newbies are thinking this too?

In the main game I don't mind people searching/harvesting for resources so long as they're being productive. I had two build the radar grid missions recently both in a team of 3 . One of which I failed because I built one radar tower and nobody else could be bothered to contribute. It seemed fairly obvious to me when I first done that type of mission that you have to beat the clock on the requirement. Guess it's just laziness. Another game though, we each built a tower and did whatever we wanted after that period. Being AFK after this point seems fine to me, since once the timer is finished the mission is done successfully. I do enjoy the fact that I can go AFK, make myself a sandwich and maybe some tea and still return to the game without being booted out for being idle. I say that but I think it's unfair on the other players. I feel like there needs to be some sort of restriction in place but I wouldn't know what exactly.

Comment

Just lock the missions until they hit or are near enough the recommended level is what i say. What use is a 16 in a 46 zone? and what are they also doing in 46+ surival event except dragging the team down! They die quick,cannot deal reasonable damage,their traps will be pretty much useless, they cannot upgrade walls,hero abilities limited,their weapons will be pretty much garbage. All they have left to do is stand/run around and die! And leech all the resources for themselves without contributing because what can they do? Distraction? Yeah they'll drop in seconds. im seeing it far too often now. Gotta babysit and carry these people. while everyone else builds and fights. I've failed countless defences because of useless low level players in high zones,that we could of finished if we had higher level players.Level has everything to do with it not just laziness.
                    Last edited by Mash94; 12-27-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X