X

Not so secret Santa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so secret Santa

I've been clearing one star crafting materials out of my backpack and vault, and I thought maybe someone else could use them. So I jumped into a Stonewood game, dropped them and announced 'free stuff' in chat. After they were taken, I left the match.

Does anyone else do this? Or do you just dump the materials? Just curious.

When Xmas trees aren't giving out free full-durability weapons, I use my one-star mats to craft weapons for stonewood farming. Otherwise I use some to craft one-star rocket launchers that have become my "oh shirt, I'm surrounded by husks!" savior when on my outlander (most of the time). Generally, the only time I drop materials is if my inventory is full and I need to make space. I generally try to do that near the objective so others can easily grab if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by sowhereaminow View Post
      Does anyone else do this? Or do you just dump the materials? Just curious.
      I usually craft up a few weapons and stacks of traps, then offload it all near the objective with a loot tag.

Clears pack space and gives lower PL's some maxed out gear for the zone they're playing in... but it devours coal so you have to pay attention to how nice you're being. :P

Comment

Cool to hear I'm not the only one who drops stuff for newbies. Any more not so secret Santas out there?

Comment

I like to do the same. I have been playing matches in the 19 and 23 zones and have had several 10 and 15 people needing help. I am right at 50 so will drop 1 star items and purple weapons to help people out. It is tough when you first start playing for sure!

Comment

I usually ask what people need and if I have a lot I’ll drop some. One guy was freaking out when he said “silver. Lol” and I dropped a 99 stack on him. Or I craft a few Weapons and traps and drop them near the objective. Unless of course I have a situation like this morning where I intended on dropping gear for the two in the relay map and to my surprise neither came to the mission when the balloon landed so I solo’ed the ending while they were off farming.

Comment

Theres enough leeches in this game as it is. Im not gonna encourage them.

Comment

It's not encouraging leeching if it's a surprise gift. You appear, drop stuff, notify people via chat, and leave.

It's just charity to the new players to encourage them to continue playing. Hopefully one day they can pay it forward.

Comment

Actually, it would be great if there was a care package you could fill with unwanted crafting supplies and gear sitting at the spawn of higher missions. You could add or take out things as needed. Anything remaining in it at the end would be sent to a mission in another zone.

In a random mission in a lower zone, Lars could fly the van in and announce, "Care package from Canny Valley!" Then the paxkage is dropped in a random location of the map. It could even be a group activity like the current present drops.

Comment

Speaking of presents, going to miss those Christmas trees when the event is up! And like I mentioned, if they are off farming and not trying to help with mission I don’t leave anything. If they are working hard setting the fort and prepping defenses I hook em up for being active players.

Comment

Working...
                    X