X

So devs have given up on PvE..... not suprised

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So devs have given up on PvE..... not suprised

Its clear that Epic Games is no different from any of the other greedy development companies like EA and Bungie. I suspected from the beginning that Battle Royal would destroy Fortnites PvE and we are already seeing the start to that. I, like many other PvE players on fortnite, purchased the game before BR was released (for free) and until BR was released the game was updated frequently and always had a new event going and i think that's what I liked most about the game. I could get on fortnite and always have something to work towards. Ever since BR was released PvE has gone down the toilet. They release a winter event that's lasts 1 MONTH after December and then to replace it with an event with recycled weapons from the hydraulic event. Meanwhile Battle royal gets 1 whole new map, Tons of weapons that are non existent in PvE and soon vehicles. Its just makes me sick to think that its ok to recycle content after people have been waiting well over a month for something new. Not to mention they probably wont even respond to this thread, maybe they can prove me wrong.

Not to mention, that we have to sit in a friggin queue. I have spent more money on this game, than any other that I have bought, and now I can't even play it.

Comment

The hydraulic weapons are new to me, but I don't think 18 or so days to get all weapons/heroes is possible. Especially since I still need 1000 tickets. 1000 tickets equals 12-17 matches for me excluding crash site drops. Each match is 10-30+ minutes. I really don't have time for that grind.

Paragon is dead, that's the fault of the success of BR. Queues are almost definitely down to BR players. There should be priority to those who have bought the game or at least separate login queues. PvE just feels same-y and now I'm concerned of continuing through in case they decide to scrap the PvE entirely. I really think it does have potential but not when it's getting zero updates. At this rate they'll either not release it free this year, or release it as unfinished, because work on PvE seems non-existent.

I do like BR but Epic should realise that the PvE side is also a part of their game, too.

Comment

If they're gonna scrap PVE atleast give the players who bought the actual game some compensation in return. I feel bad for those who spent over $150 for the game. Heck I feel bad for myself for being lured into supporting this game if they're just gonna focus on the BR which is Free to play and has some of the worst entitled player base who feel like they should get more and more stuff when they spent NOTHING.

Comment

For any newcomers or those who simply don't know, through October and September of 2017 there was a huge outcry to the devs to "step it up" and "show they care" from those of us who played StW(PvE).

This video was the first real "promise" to those PvE players made by the devs to "step it up". September 22, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LHp9ewHUug&t=2s

To this they added on forums November 17, 2017. https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...save-the-world

Unfortunately the video is right around the time they added Battle Royale, and they have not yet made another PvE video discussing anything that tells us "We want this game to keep getting better". It's all "We can't believe how successful BR has become." And the Forum posting has not been responded to by a Staff member since the original posting.

I believe it is safe to say that Save the World (PvE) will not actually be looked at in any real meaning or depth until it too goes free to play sometime late 2018.

Comment

I’m optimistic for when it becomes free to play actual ssd help and hopefully updates

its sad sad how few updates we get as I enjoy Pve so much more than br but hardly want to play Pve because of the lack of ssd help and the lag when ever people join, days switch, and ect is so bad but I still can’t stop playing lol

font want any spoilers in the story but does it get much more fun after Plankerton? And also has anyone noticed that xp now says in the millions instead of the about 20,000 at most (that I had) prior to the big map update?

Comment

Originally posted by OJDennis View Post
              I’m optimistic for when it becomes free to play actual ssd help and hopefully updates

its sad sad how few updates we get as I enjoy Pve so much more than br but hardly want to play Pve because of the lack of ssd help and the lag when ever people join, days switch, and ect is so bad but I still can’t stop playing lol

font want any spoilers in the story but does it get much more fun after Plankerton? And also has anyone noticed that xp now says in the millions instead of the about 20,000 at most (that I had) prior to the big map update?
              There are more mission types and element husks become more common as you progress. (I am in the early section of canny Vally)

Comment

I am in PVE since beginning and i buyed the biggest pack too, and as i heard about BR i thought "oh snap this will kill the game" yeah and it happened, BR makes fun yes but its sad if u ask some players if they know Fortnite they only say "its the new BR game right?". thats a reason why i dont stream so much the BR content of Fortnite and more the PVE Mode to show this Mode is the real Fortnite and not this PUBG thingy. It hurts rly much to see how fast PVE die and die more an more.
                Adding BR mode was in my opinion the biggest fault they have ever did..... working so hard on a great game to destroy the real game with this scrap mode..... Srysly... i still play PVE mode, and i like it more than the BR mode but honestly SHAME ON YOU FORTNITE DEVS... SHAME ON YOU

Comment

The OP is so much hyperbole. There was no new map, there was just a few additions. Theee definitely isn't anything like as many weapons in BR as STW, not by a long shot. And the map is too small for vehicles, as has been stated by developers, so that's out too. Noone from Epic has any reason to respond when your complaints are full of lies.

Comment

• problemlemon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i never said pve had less weapons but that BR has weapons that pve does not have such as silenced weapons and i think you are missing the point of the post. The fact is everybody that paid for pve is getting screwed over just because BR happens to be a popular game trend right now and the only reason they don't respond is because they have bad customer support, if I'm wrong they should come explain why.

No YOU are missing the point. Silenced weapons would be useless in STW. What, you want to kill an encampment or defend a base with a silenced pistol? Seriously? STW has more weapons than BR 100x over. BR weapons are for BR. Any and every one of them would be trash in STW. Literal garbage. Much as even the worst STW weapon would be massively OP in BR.
                  BR has brought more paying players to the game than STW has. It is logical and expected that BR would get more support. That's how economics works. And STW isn't getting screwed. Getting screwed would be them dropping a patch that ruined STW and leaving it be. The last patch that dropped had more STW fixes than BR, so you aren't getting screwed. If you want STW to get more attention than BR, bring the paying players to STW. And don't write complaints full of lies on a forum and expect anyone from the developer to read beyond the first sentence.

Comment

• problemlemon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think you see what i saying. I paid for a game and I'm getting garbage content in return while people are downloading BR for free and getting much more developer attention, so yes I'm not happy about it. The only reason STW has more weapons is because most of them came out pre BR and ever since BR did come out support for STW has gone down the drain. Even if you don't agree with what I'm saying their are many threads throughout the forum that have NO developer response and it boils down to devs just not caring. they found the product that's going to make them the most money and it seems they are putting almost all of their attention on that and they couldn't care less about anything else. Responding to the threads is also part of their job, weather I'm "lying" or not they should respond and correct me.

Well said Vastet

Comment

I don't think they've given up, I just don't think they know how to expand on what they have at this point. Making the game mission based doesn't really mesh well with survival style games ( gather / build / fight ), part of my drive to continue playing games like 7days / Ark / Minecraft is to have a sprawling fortress... you just can't do that here or rather you can but you have to start from scratch an hour later. People point at Canny / Twine and say the game isn't finished, but again aside from some voice acting and a different tile set what's going to change? We're still going to be doing the exact same 11 play modes. Until they figure out a way past that they're likely stumped.

So instead they're finally making QoL improvements that players have been asking for for ages... I wish the progress was faster but at least it's progress.

Comment

Weapons in BR that aren't in STW: Silenced SMG (SMG reskin with new firing sound), Silenced pistol (pistol reskin with new firing sound).
                      The rest are all StW weapons.
                      What's your point?

My only real complaint with StW is that there is a lot of focus on timed grindy junk that wants you to play all the time vs BR which is just hop on whenever play however much you like.
                      As someone else has said, I wish there was more permanent content.
                      This has made playing PvE a real chore and it's the reason I barely play anymore.

And hey, BR players buy skins and battle passes, so they certainly aren't just freeloading.
                      And anyways, I sympathise more with people supporting a fair cosmetic/nice quest pass with unlockable cosmetics model than ones supporting a P2W lootbox system in a game that is already 40 bucks (for the most basic edition).

Comment

I think they should bring cosmetics to PvE. Nothing else really needed from BR. I mean if you buy something in their store, it should be applicable to both games when it comes to cosmetics, (pickaxes/skins for a specific hero, etc).

Comment

This has been brought up quite a few times, I don't see why at least harvesting tools and emotes can't make their way in. But yeah, Epic please ????

Comment

• PH_007 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Your pickaxe changes when you upgrade it in PvE so I guess they want to keep that.
                            Wish some of those "pickaxe tiers" were available for purchase as PvP skins.

But absolutely, emotes should be a thing IN PvE 100%.
                        Working...
                        X