X
X

So devs have given up on PvE..... not suprised

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbers might increase when the game goes free to play. We can only hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by fortniteloot View Post
      I think they should bring cosmetics to PvE. Nothing else really needed from BR. I mean if you buy something in their store, it should be applicable to both games when it comes to cosmetics, (pickaxes/skins for a specific hero, etc).
      dont worry all of that will come when it goes f2p

Comment

Originally posted by Fraardvark View Post
        Numbers might increase when the game goes free to play. We can only hope so...
        All the br guys will jump in to farm vbucks.

Comment

I read some of the posts on the thread, and I agree, but I want to emphasise that the game is not completely done yet. Either way, not looking to start a war

Comment

• NokarStormBlade commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually when this thread was put up the game was worst then it is now, now the amount of game content is amazing compared to after BR launched.

Oh ok, just started playing a couple weeks ago, and I have been experiencing more lag than battle royale so yea. Also, rly enjoying the game epic

Comment

Hey guys i have got a question? can someone answer to me right away.

Comment

Originally posted by problemlemon View Post
              Its clear that Epic Games is no different from any of the other greedy development companies like EA and Bungie. I suspected from the beginning that Battle Royal would destroy Fortnites PvE and we are already seeing the start to that. I, like many other PvE players on fortnite, purchased the game before BR was released (for free) and until BR was released the game was updated frequently and always had a new event going and i think that's what I liked most about the game. I could get on fortnite and always have something to work towards. Ever since BR was released PvE has gone down the toilet. They release a winter event that's lasts 1 MONTH after December and then to replace it with an event with recycled weapons from the hydraulic event. Meanwhile Battle royal gets 1 whole new map, Tons of weapons that are non existent in PvE and soon vehicles. Its just makes me sick to think that its ok to recycle content after people have been waiting well over a month for something new. Not to mention they probably wont even respond to this thread, maybe they can prove me wrong.
              Don't wanna be that guy but Bungie was corrupted by Treyarch, I can tell by Halo 3's DLC.

Comment

Save the world have so many potential to become a great game, it juste need some more people working on it ... I'm sure that a lot of people would love StW but never tried it either because it's not f2p or because they too focus on BR. Maybe having some more links between the two game mode could be fine, for example the simple fact of allowing player to go into Stormshield Base while looking for their heavy collection of BR skin or waiting for a match. Other example, people that want to play BR could go into zone selection and insteed of selecting Canny or Stone, they choose a 6th place where there is différent kind of PvP map that may unlocked by playing the game etc...

Comment

Wow. This is such a crappy post. What really ****** me off is when companies are out there being called greedy when they are just following the economy and its rules. Do you think the money just goes to one guy sitting in a chair who just hits a button to make it happen? No, it takes over 75 people to get it done and 150 others to manage it and keep it going. And did you ever happen to forget that this new event brought in 6 new weapons, 10 new heroes, over 25 quests and 3 new gamemodes fulfilling a large hole in the storyline and on top of that, not even half way done yet?
                  COUNT. YOUR. BLESSINGS.
                  -Day 1 Founder
                  -Closed Beta Player
                  -Game Developer Using UE4
                  -Worldwide Top 50 in Robo Recall! :D

Comment

• Prætor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I never mentioned anything like that. I purchased the game because I thought it was a good game as it was. I didnt buy the game because I wanted their support I bought it so I could get into the game before other players did. While I do play BR every now and then and I do enjoy playing it, I purchased Fortnite for StW. But my problem is that people like people here complain that what they give just isnt enough. But content is still content, and progress is still progress. If the day will come where the game will be completed, let it come and I will wait for it. I dont support every company but I do support Epic primarily because I played their games as a kid and the Unreal Engine is probably the entire reason I have a job today.
                    I found this quote from an interview with Donald Mustard that I think may support you a bit:
                    “Fortnite was meant for Save the World. While some here would rather work on Battle Royale, and some on Save the World, We have one mission in mind and that is to always get our mission done. And that will be no exception for Fortnite.”

Editing a comment
                    Okay, I can get you supporting epic games, unreal got you a job and you’ve played Epics game since you were a kid. That doesn’t excuse all Epics done though. I just watched a video that mentioned how a ceo is actually paying attention and because of it I’m going to stick with Fortnite a little longer, but in the end it could just be more crowd control. You paid money to plat STW, I paid money (and many others) to see STW flourish into a warframe or even wow level game, I trusted Epic. Now they spat on that trust by making BR and almost abandoning STW. Keep in mind that it took a year for two things we have been asking for since the beginning, perk rerolls and a melee buff. While I’m all good with event things it’s that all you add then it gets a little messy. It means if you stop putting out events players will get bored and move on. Main game content is we’re its at. You can’t keep a game going on event content, that why I’m so salty about the constant events. Your are right though, content is content, but how many people are actually going to use and enjoy that content. When this game goes free to play none of the past events will be played by these players. It’s all good is you release some good ole events but their is two things wrong with constant events, one, it’s not sustainable, two, this content can’t be used by people who come after the event is over. Anyway my point is that while content is content it’s not necessarily content everyone can use or enjoy.

• Prætor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For the most part I think these events are happening so that when the game is free to play they will have larger but repeatable events set apart from the ones we have so that the items and schematics we have are much much more valuable and rare.
                    But apart from that, I trust with Donald Mustard and what hes done in his past with ChAIR. Well just have to see.

Listen they are still doing great compared to a lot of companies. look at how much they have added here
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4V58kougJ0&t=20s

Comment

Hope no one has given up and I hope it doesn't go free, I paid for my edition and 1000s of Vbucks I don't see why the BR players should get all this free stuff, the only thing I ever got free was a few Troll llamas once, even now I don't actually see them as free due to what I have spent in game, just have to wait and see !

Comment

This post is ******** and should be just removed. When the BR version came out, it was a huge hit and very quickly rising in numbers. Of course they are going to dedicate most of their time on BR, but haven't you heard? BR and STW have complete different teams working on them. The game is widely expanding and the event quests are giving so much more to play, even for those who have basically got to the "end" of the game. I really hate people who are blinded by the fact that the more SUCCESSFUL version of the game is getting more attention and then go on and talk **** that's not even true.

If BR didn't have so much attention on it, even too much attention, how could Epic Games possibly even phantom of being able to run any kind of servers on either version? Every single person who bought the VBucks on BR also helps STW. So quit crying about it and be happy that you even have a game to play.

Comment

Editing a comment
                        I should also mention that it’s actually the other way around. All this new “content” from events is just recycled from BR. So I still stand with what I said, the devs are lazy.

• ChascheZ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You do realise that most of the new heroes in stw came to us before they did to br. If you hate the game so much, stop playing it and complaining about useless stuff to us.

Editing a comment
                        My god, you literally bring up one thing and ignore all my other arguement then tell me to **** off. If your not going to participate in a debate of any kind and only want to **** me off then I’ll gladly leave.

I do agree, I don't see us STW players getting half as much as BR players, my son has so many skins from this battle pass it's unreal, I mean I have several Heros with some cool skins but they are just **** reskins, the two on the store now are just reskins, the events are of no use to me even the event llamas are **** handing out blues and greens .... Hello I'm PL 85 WTF can I do with this ****, collection book .... Lol the collection book offers nothing after 130 and what comes before that is nothing to shout about, I have everything and just do missions purely for fun as they give nothing of any use except the perk ups.

Comment

• ChascheZ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Raven? Hello? That skin introduced many hero skills that weren't existent before. Yes, the event llamas are bad, I mean I got the same gun like 5 times. But that doesn't mean that there isn't new content coming from the events.

Editing a comment
                        Yep, one skill, one skill in a year. You seem to be all pro BR so I won’t even bother talking anymore.

What is constantly forgotten is that STW and founders funded the development of the game for STW purposes only. EPIC promised a complete game as we financed it. However they used our money as Founders which was intended to help finish STW to create Battle Royale and then shafted us. Without us there would never have been the money for BR and even when they said they were making BR that it would not affect STW in any way where we continued to shell out money on that false promise.

Straight up case of paying for a product that never was finished. This is also likely why they never claim to leave *Early Access* and claim release as then their would be grounds at least by US law to go after them and force full refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by SP0ILER ALERT View Post
                        If they're gonna scrap PVE atleast give the players who bought the actual game some compensation in return. I feel bad for those who spent over $150 for the game. Heck I feel bad for myself for being lured into supporting this game if they're just gonna focus on the BR which is Free to play and has some of the worst entitled player base who feel like they should get more and more stuff when they spent NOTHING.
                        Honestly yeah, i spend 150+ in this game, loved it, then updates stalled and BR got everything, we have got what... Canny Valley story is not finished yet? It is people like us who promoted their game, i was happy to give my extra codes to friends, shared videos, pics of my builds in facebook and told everyone how fun this game was. Sure it is the PVP making rain money for them, but there wont be a PVP mode if it wasnt for the people that supported PVE, for us, the loyal customers that paid and promoted their game, in the end we will not even get a thank you from Epic Games.

Comment

Working...
                        X