Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Animals in the Fortnite World?

Collapse
X

Discussion: Animals in the Fortnite World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion: Animals in the Fortnite World?

    There are (or were) clearly evidence of animals/pets that roamed the world prior to the catastrophic incident, making 98% percent of the world's population disappear and leaving the remaining 2% stranded for survival. In fact, bugs and insects must still be around and haven't been affected much, if at all, by the Storm.

    With the amount of dog houses around in suburban areas and the lack of dogs seen anywhere, where do you think they went? What happened to them? Were they affected by the Storm?
    How would you want animals to be implemented in Fortnite?

  • #2
    I like seeing this.. I actually just brought this topic up with my buddies i play with.. I say LET THERE be animals/wild life, there's so much you could do if you did...

    Right off the bat, i could think of 2 new game modes.. A hunting expedition kind of game mode, 1 2 or 4 player PvE type thing.. Tournaments and challenges for killing most/best/rarest in set amount of time, almost like a fishing tournament.

    You could also do a sandbox kind of game mode ala minecraft style, i could easily see that with Fortnite...

    As for wildlife in PvP, that could get tricky... would be cool to see them roaming around.. You could either use them as resources or i would leave them as unkillable, more for looks.. I could easily see dumbasses abusing them while in game and you KNOW its a touchy subject if you DO implement them.

    Comment


    • #3
      BASE Kyle...you're...real?

      just kidding! :D

      I would absolutely love to see animals roaming around in the save the world! I feel like the world needs abit more life in it as it's boring just seeing husk after husk with no animal in site. I'd love to see random herds of sheep or horses roaming around to make the missions seem more...i dunno...awesome? The added sound effects would also put me more at ease as the sounds of animals is just calming xD

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd love to see some storm animals too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Personally not interested in seeing animal npcs roaming around in the world but I would definitely like pets. A cyber dog, or robot helper etc would be really fun

          Comment


          • #6
            Who said it were dogs? Maybe it were dog sized pet llamas?

            Comment


            • #7
              Actually did a post a while back about pets, and how they would make great slotable survivors. Perhaps with some new bonuses that current survivors can't give, like footspeed or chance to find certain things.

              You might have restrict them to certain teams though. A dog on the tracking team makes sense, but not so much on the thinktank. Although Buds McRenzie might work for thinktank if he brings the beer.

              Comment


              • Nimassus commented
                Editing a comment
                make a mythic leader for tracking team thats basically a famous dog. would fit fortnite like a **** glove

            • #8
              Like another member said in a different post, that guy in STW, who can't leave without his med kit, maybe he can't leave without his best friend; his dog, or some other pet.
              Last edited by adaca3; 02-13-2018, 08:47 PM.

              Comment


              • #9
                you can see bugs floating above some shrubs, but I think the animals are probably husk chow right now :(

                Comment


                • #10
                  Or more frightening, husks themselves. New animal enemies could be downright scary.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X