Canny Valley Missions Repeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canny Valley Missions Repeated

Hi,

I just unlock Canny Valley quest but a bit disappointed on the mission given. Repeatedly same missions with different rewards only...
    Is this repeat mission will be until end of this quest? If yes, how boring it will be...

The main story stops at the end of Plankerton, everything beyond that is just place holder quests. Generally speaking though, aside from voice overs and a bit of flavor text it's no different than stonewood / plank you're just doing everything 3x instead of once or twice.

Comment

Yes. That is what I'm trying to tell...same thing with 3x mission...bored already...

Comment

this is where all the “finish the darn story epic” posts are coming from. You hit Canny and can hear your echo across the canyon. Even the maps are recycled from plank, I was hoping for a different zone with tumbleweeds rolling through western style ghost towns but nope, still just forests and towns.

Comment

• YukeraYasha commented
          Editing a comment
          correction - the maps are recycled from Stonewood. Plankerton doesn't have unique tiles either.

• Mikel64 commented
          Editing a comment
          I stand corrected, same ole maps from the start.

• kakamouth commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it's just a slight lighting difference, although we should be thankful at one time it was so bad you couldn't see past 3 tiles.

Yeah I'm in my 70+ missions and the repetition is so boring Like it's equivalent to watching my research points accumulate which is equivalent to watching paint dry

Comment

Its pretty sad that they just got finished with Plankerton and just recycled the same thing and haven't added/fixed the lack of a continuation of the story in many months. Its pretty obvious by now they just gave up on finishing StW and moved to Battle Royal after using our money to make their new cash cow which is BR. They are probably figuring they have no idea how to let us players who are already in or past CV / Twine to play the story as they said they won't do a wipe. As we are likely to be their main playerbase for stw that actually pays at this point they probably just gave up. I wouldn't expect anything more then bug fixed, event store swaps meant as cash grabs, and the odd mini addition like the hoverboard to stw. We're now 3rd class players.

Comment

The game is very boring once you get into canney. If I knew they weren’t going to continue the story I wouldn’t of bought the $200 version. They could make a lot more money off save the world if all the missions weren’t the same, they continued the story, and added new maps. But they kind of f’d them selves over because now you would have to play through canney and twine to get back into the campaign. No wonder why pve is dying

Comment

Im only in the 52+ missions and i am dying a little inside. Next to impossible to find a group and you have the same bland stuff on repeat. Can we talk about the rewards? Why the hell am i getting rare transformations as rewards in canney? What the actual F....

Comment

That's nothing look at the amount of missions you have to do between storm shield defenses for canny, could it get any longer. I'm power level 67 right now, just following missions, and i've not even made it to canny valley ssd3 yet. Talk about a let down for game progression, and it sucks because I can't even access Twine yet, so i'm stuck in remedial missions over and over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavec915 View Post
                  That's nothing look at the amount of missions you have to do between storm shield defenses for canny, could it get any longer. I'm power level 67 right now, just following missions, and i've not even made it to canny valley ssd3 yet. Talk about a let down for game progression, and it sucks because I can't even access Twine yet, so i'm stuck in remedial missions over and over and over.
                  i couldnt agree more. Im almost done with 52+ missions but know i will be stuck grinding more or the same until twine. I cant even upgrade weapons or traps past level 3 because the other mats are so scarce in canny. The development of canny and twine questlines really needed help.
                  Last edited by Iambanned7; 04-08-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I am 39 power and just reached canny.... this post scared me !

Comment

Originally posted by Sparsh View Post
                      I am 39 power and just reached canny.... this post scared me !
                      Instead of one quest sending you to do a RTL, another to do a RTD, then a third to FTS you get a quest entry that says complete three difficulty 70 RTL, RTD, or FTSs. Aside from the voice overs nothing really changes, if you enjoyed yourself you still will... if you didn't this is where you'll likely burn out and take a few months off before one of the events looks worth while.

Comment

So canny valley has 190 +/- missions before you move to twine peaks. Twine peaks has over 250 + missions and it's repeat missions at that.

Comment

This is why most players quit around 52-64 in CV because it just gets so boring. I barely play now and all of my friends from back in Nov timeframe are long gone besides one who barely plays as well. We've also given up home on them every finishing the story as well as over 9 months they have been asked and still don't give a single hint. When they announced BR they said it wouldn't impact STW development at all but that is when STW development really stopped besides making things easier and carrying over a little of the stuff they did for BR. Its all about BR now. Add in now a major lawsuit from PUBG against Epic:Fortnite that will be costly although Epic will likely win in the end its even further unlikely STW will be finished... ever.

Comment

Ok so let us prosume that Canny Valley is where the diversity stops. Don't all games become rinse and repeat at some stage. Lets look at WoW or SWTOR or Eve-Online or any other game for that matter. Even Donkey Kong back in the 80's (my youth) was repetitive...

Now i would love a game to go on for way longer before it becomes flat but i guess no gaming company has found a solution in the past 2 decades.

In Save the world we have a Terrain, we have Traps, we can build and we have tons of Mobs. We even have timers to complete an objective. So to spice up your game play, you could make use of all of those solo. Grab a constructor, build a FORT, traps, death tunnels and enjoy sitting back while munching your popcorn, sipping your cola and seeing hundreds of mobs die to your piece of masterwork. If they break through you can analyze and adjust. I found it a pitty that we cannot endlessly repeat our SSD's and am now using the boring Canny Valley lack of new content region as my personal playground.

Hey it is like a relationship... all spicy and fresh in the beginning. One day you wake up and notice you are doing the same things day in day out... Then it is up to you to decide what to make of the future. No wonder Lars wants to always fly off in seek of new horizons.

Comment

Working...
                            X