X

Berserker Headhunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berserker Headhunter

Very interested to hear some player thoughts on her.
    I got her a few days ago and ... on paper, to my admittedly inexperienced eyes ... she looks like she has potential.
    • 45% vulnerability applied via War Cry
    • Impact/Stun on Shockwave instead of knockback
    • 35% reload speed on empty guns
    • Shockwave refresh on shield break
    • Survivalist perk for self-healing
    All of these sound (to me, at least) like they should add up to a perfectly viable character.
    And I don't mean that in the "all characters are viable" way, I'm saying I think she could be a contender for upper-tier ranking.
    This, of course, is where my inexperience kicks in.
    I've only been playing since 1 January, and haven't yet finished Plankerton or done any of the optional Stonewood SSD missions.
    Much as I want to believe her kit is solid, the fact that I don't see any "holy cow this new soldier is awesome" conversations has me wondering what I'm not seeing.

So ... thoughts from more experienced players? Particularly from anyone who has invested levels and playtime into this character and can offer up true "in the field" feedback?
    Yay, I found the "Post Signature" option!

Yeah same I'm kind of interested in her but I can't find anyone who has levelled her up and is experienced at the game.

Although she is focused on close range with the shockwave perks and a soldier should generally be focusing on ranged combat. So that could be a disadvantage.
    But I'm not experianced and I haven't levelled her up so it's just a guess.

Comment

She's great but probably not top tier, honestly all you need to use is Dragon Scorch or Urban Assault which is the meta rn

Comment

Berserker Headhunter is one of the few new things I want from this event. I have all of the other subclasses (Legend Ninja, Legend Constructor, Rare Outlander), yet the Soldier keeps eluding me still from loot llamas.

Looking at WhiteSushi's currently incomplete spreadsheet regarding the Soldiers, it would seem that this Soldier has the most amount of Unique Skills to date compared to the others. Her close range play style would probably encourage the usage of melee weaponry, and maybe even shotguns as well, due to the +35% faster reload on an empty gun.

Not exactly a first choice in 4-person group when Urban Assault, Special Forces Banshee and maybe Raider (another Subclass I haven't obtained) are likely better. She could come in handy as a secondary Soldier supporting them since she has War Cry doubling as AOE Vulnerability and a Stunning Shockwave for easier kills for your other teammates. Her performance might be questionable with Wave Defenses where the Husks are spread out though.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I think my solution for now will be "keep, but don't level".
          Or maybe I'll level her up and use her tactical bonus with Shock Trooper Renegade. That could be tons o' fun :)

Comment

I'm not sure about berserker, yet I found marauder and shock trooper to be great heroes. Don't fall for this "high tier meta hero" *********t. People say nothing beats Urban assault. Mythic soldier is useless.
            But every mystic soldier I see works by far better than the urban assaults I meet. These nades with cluster and shock fields are insanely op.
            For me, I use a special forces + shock trooper as tactical. Giving me the opportunity of great passive perks to use assault rifles. Paired with a founders drumroll I have high damage output and a 95 bullet mag to spray the husks with. Even siegebreaker has more than 60 bullet mags. It's by far the most fun setup I found so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimassus View Post
              I'm not sure about berserker, yet I found marauder and shock trooper to be great heroes. Don't fall for this "high tier meta hero" *********t. People say nothing beats Urban assault. Mythic soldier is useless.
              But every mystic soldier I see works by far better than the urban assaults I meet. These nades with cluster and shock fields are insanely op.
              For me, I use a special forces + shock trooper as tactical. Giving me the opportunity of great passive perks to use assault rifles. Paired with a founders drumroll I have high damage output and a 95 bullet mag to spray the husks with. Even siegebreaker has more than 60 bullet mags. It's by far the most fun setup I found so far.
              The grenades are good for clearing waves, but the ninja dragon sorch clears waves much better. The issue with the Mythic Soldier or just about any hero other than a few soldier heroes and they all suck against the mist monsters more specifically smashers at high levels. Now I do like constructors for the base, but really it's about killing those smashers ASAP as in the higher levels you'll get 3 or 4 at you in one time and there's no grenade that's going to stop a smasher even if you threw all of them at it.

When I see posts like your and people say the meta doesn't matter, true if you play in a full group then you can get by with ANY hero but if it's just 1 or 2 maybe even 3, the heroes you pick become more important at least at lvls 88+ and thing is there aren't many players that high up so getting full group isn't easy.
              Last edited by Darlatan; 02-27-2018, 11:04 PM.

Comment

She is sexy and very usable in a good group.
                But as most say urban assault is better at 88+ !
                So many smashers sometimes u need to take them out fast!
                While trowing a grenade or do a shockwave to hold back the rest off the objective.

- i started ninja till high canny. (melee sux)
                i only use double sms setup nowdays for ssd's and encampments but thats for the mini flying dragonslash called piercing shurikens hehe and to save ammo
                - i switched to shocktrooper soldier and things got better again (getting used to crafting loads of ammo)
                - Now 88+ mains. i got a urban assault (Still epic. Waiting for 25 flux) and this is way better. Being able to bring down a smasher before it reaches the objective while having grenades and shockwave for crowd controll.

Dont use any other hero for serious missions anymore.
                88+ mostly i see soldiers.

Comment

SlyGumbi has done a guide/overview for this class on his YouTube channel. I'd recommend giving it a watch as the video goes pretty in depth over the perks that make up the class.

Edit: In the latest patch notes V.3.1.0, there have been changes to the berserker sub class so the guide is slightly outdated. I'd still recommend watching it.
                  Last edited by commandoonions; 03-01-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Epic Games nerfed Up Close and Personal to 3 Stacks of Debilitating Shots as opposed to 45% Vulnerability and got rid of In a Pinch for some reason. At least they gave her Kneecapper, making her a strange hybrid between Centurion Wildcat/Hawk and Shock Trooper Renegade. I can probably make due with a Mêlée weapon in conjunction with the new Auto Shotgun from the Event Store, the DragonFire. Her Shockwave skills can still make dabbling with Mêlée a plausible choice.
                    Last edited by xGodOfUnityx; 03-01-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Having done more playing around with Berserker, it's kinda hard adapting to play her. Her War Cry has Up Close and Personal, which is likely unique to her only atm, but without perks like Mighty Roar (Centurion, increased range of War Cry), Blitz (Centurion, faster movement speed during War Cry) or Practiced in Combat (Special Forces, longer duration of War Cry), it feels you have to choose between buffing your teammates or debuffing the enemy, but not always both, not unless the enemy is dangerously close to an objective you're protecting.

Her Shockwave is unique in it's ability to Stun, and Explosive Optimization is sweet to have. However, not having Doppler Effect (reduced cooldown on Shockwave) or Power Impact (larger radius of Shockwave) hinders it's potential and Short Fuse (reset cool down on Shockwave when shield breaks) seems pretty situational unless you don't mind using a Hit n' Run strategy with her. Losing In a Pinch means she can't stay in the thick of it for long with a gun.
                      ​​​​​
                      She can make for a pretty good Tactical for Shock Trooper Renegade, to say the least.

Naturally, this is where I say this is all my opinion, so feel free to take it with a grain of sand.

Comment

I think she's good, I don't think she's great, may be and idk yet, but I sure think she's fun.

I was sceptical at first since she didn't have kneecapper and shockwave is on the longer 30sec version, AND i really didn't like her in tactical slot and preferred the knock back since it is more useful (imo). It can knock mobs of ledges or at least when you knock them back, it takes them more time to recover and get back to where they were, than the 2.5 sec stun in place. Especially with smashers, and when you have floor launchers and stairs to push them back off objectives. More time for traps to reset.

After the patch I levelled her up and use her with the new ninja in tactical to play around the shield break (thunderstrike), and the new outlander (flash) in support, although this one was just for the heck of it.

The ninja lets you break the shield but minimize damage to health ( and good chance it starts regen delay sooner) to the point you're hoping they do break your shield to reset shockwave. And survivalist actually kinda works here too, to top up some health. I mean, unless you are playing completely reckless or sloppy, you break shield in a way to regen some shield before you take a lot of damage to health. You knocked them back, you have another shockwave. I think she plays like a berserker. I'm yelling "hit me, hit me @$#@s". Bees? I run into them.

Up close and personal is good too. Good debuff and range.

Comment

I've been interested in the hero for a while now and the changes (and what people on this thread have said) means that I'm gonna level her up and play around.

Comment

Recently, Epic Games decided to add a Mythic reskin of the Berserker known as Wukong, a Legendary tier skin seen in the Battle Royale game mode. If you haven't gotten Berserker already, perhaps consider getting this guy in the Event Shop if you want to try the subclass out, if you have 3,200 Event Gold to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by marshqq View Post
                              I think she's good, I don't think she's great, may be and idk yet, but I sure think she's fun.

I was sceptical at first since she didn't have kneecapper and shockwave is on the longer 30sec version, AND i really didn't like her in tactical slot and preferred the knock back since it is more useful (imo). It can knock mobs of ledges or at least when you knock them back, it takes them more time to recover and get back to where they were, than the 2.5 sec stun in place. Especially with smashers, and when you have floor launchers and stairs to push them back off objectives. More time for traps to reset.

After the patch I levelled her up and use her with the new ninja in tactical to play around the shield break (thunderstrike), and the new outlander (flash) in support, although this one was just for the heck of it.

The ninja lets you break the shield but minimize damage to health ( and good chance it starts regen delay sooner) to the point you're hoping they do break your shield to reset shockwave. And survivalist actually kinda works here too, to top up some health. I mean, unless you are playing completely reckless or sloppy, you break shield in a way to regen some shield before you take a lot of damage to health. You knocked them back, you have another shockwave. I think she plays like a berserker. I'm yelling "hit me, hit me @$#@s". Bees? I run into them.

Up close and personal is good too. Good debuff and range.
                              Thanks for that, marshqq. I actually hadn't considered the potential synergy with Thunderstrike's tactical. Definitely going to have to try that out :)
                              Originally posted by xGodOfUnityx View Post
                              Recently, Epic Games decided to add a Mythic reskin of the Berserker known as Wukong, a Legendary tier skin seen in the Battle Royale game mode. If you haven't gotten Berserker already, perhaps consider getting this guy in the Event Shop if you want to try the subclass out, if you have 3,200 Event Gold to spare.
                              I did grab that, actually. After having read marshqq's post, I'd been reconsidering the Berserker and with Wukong being Mythic (compared to the Epic level Headhunter I got previously) it just made sense. Besides, I've been playing way too much STW lately and that event gold was burning a hole in my pocket anyway :)

Side note for anyone considering Wukong - he's a permanent item, so any XP you invest in him will be forever locked in.
                              That's assuming Epic doesn't eventually give us the option to "de-level" characters without retiring them.
                              Last edited by Shelgeyr70; 03-08-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X