Why are the devs so braindead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are the devs so braindead?

Does any1 of the devs play the game?
    Do they smoke something aside from cigars? - Or where do they breed thouse insane ideas they are coming up with?
    Want some examples?
    -Scraping leveled scematics to gain back materials and xp - at first a very nice idea, but who the hell would scrap an epic/legendary scematic with good rols anyways? Its gone after that bro, ITS GONE!
    -blocking materialtransport from survivormissions towards your stormshield - at first understandable for whatever reason they bring up, but why does it block the missions for rescue survivors as well? They DO NOT come with any materials!
    -tons of survivors to level up, millions of heroes to level up, bazillions of guns to level up. ok fine, this is a farmgame. thats one reason why i play it and it needs to be streched to keep people occupied. Thats what are survivors for, they determine the progress aka level of your char/account. Heroes and weapons ad in content to hand out more fun and diffrent playstyle. BUT!!!!!! Why do i have to farm an entire week for just leveleing up 1 hero or weapon if i am a regular player with a regular life and not sitting 24/7 in a fortnite mission?
    An example: over 7 months playtime, 221 days logged in, lvl 115, still 3 or 4 millions survivor xp to go. with the bad xp gain an endless story. AND 31 weapons, 16 traps, 38 heroes "leveled". While "leveled" is not nearly correct and thats my point here: 4 weapons are lvl 50, 10 are 40, the rest is 30 and 20 and 10, all useless. 16 traps but just 11 are at a level where they are helpfull, from the 38 heroes just 23 are playable due to their level and only 14 are at max lvl.
    I have around 90 weapons marked as favorite, meaning for myself that i may wana try them out at some point. But its not gona happen. They are either not good enough to put them on my "level them up asap list" or just to special and less compatible for my usuall playstyle/herobuild. But it would be cool and giving me a lot of more fun ingame to try them out. playing diffrent styles. Again, not gona happen due to NOT having enough XP. And now my question: why the hell does a weapon need so much (in numbers: almoust 400k) weapon xp and materials for max level? 200 raindrops, 66 flashes, 33 eyes and 11 stormshards and 51 weaponbooks. Considering a challenging mission like deliver the bomb takes 30 to 40 minutes you doing something around 15 hours just farming for the mats (23 missions with 40 minutes each), with luck less, but u still need 200k xp if some of the matfarming went along with some weapon xp. thats again like 8-10 missions or 5 hours at least on the highest possible missions. That barely happens.So, 20 hours working as a minimum or more like 25 hours for one weapon on high level areas.
    I know the math is not exact here maybe u get it faster or not but 20 to 25 hours is not unrealistic and i am already calculating with the new rewards, the old rewards were way worse. Thats a week of fortnite with 4 hours a day in reallife.
    -latest weapon nerf. Aka, improving perks that are not damagebased. That will lead into new kinds of weaponbuilds around that perks. Or in other words: "These balance changes are intended to make several of our non-damage perks more viable, while creating a wider range of desirable weapon builds. - Developer Comment"
    Okay, lets say we have our super cool gun, all build around durability, max reloadspeed and one magazine perk as well. Than we meet that big huge guy in the world of twine peaks, with that super steroid and anabolic left arm, where we always wanted to tell him:"hey bro, how about not just useing ur left arm for that sxx-thingy and instead useing both?" ... So we meet him, and shortly after our "hey bro" conversation started he gets a bit mad and begins to smash our head into the ground. Now guys, what will our after patch gun tell us? It wont break becuz it has now some extra durability that will keep up with out deaths? Or... we will kill that big guy on steroid faster becourse we can reload our shorter magazin more often? ... *argh*
    Well i keep that as an open ended story for everyone who thinks we have an improvement here, but maybe im to much fixed on a few perks and i should switch out (he he, kinda funny cuz i cant switch any perks out) some of my damage perks to the new damage perks under "certain conditions".
    Lets say we "magically survived that nice hughs from our big old "friend" and meet now his bro, the red glowing one. Uh, a pretty hot guy, but for some kind he is not half as amused to meet us as his former bro. As we realized that our durability gun is almoust gone, we switch to a diffrent one, no elements on it but lots and lots of conditional damage. Our +120% damage gun will melt this guy! - if he is snared or slowed of course! Well... this hero does not have slow effects or any snare, but we have traps! If we just could have a bit of time to lay down this wooden spike trap... "Ey mr red-guy, could you please wait a sec until...." *bang**bang**bang* ... ok i guess thats a no...*argh*
    Ah well, while our butt is still on fire, we surprisingly managed to survive this guy as well. We are well trained and ready for more. And so we meet a bunch of yellow glowing kids, playing catch me if u can with that survivor over there... WE are ready to help! While running towards that yellow train we decide to switch to our newly improved MELEE WEAPON! That secondary attack will melt them, and we can use it so much more often now, its incredible! "One by one please, kids... I SAID 1 BY 1 ... *ah**au*..*where ... energy?* *au**ah* ...*argh*"

For the XP in general, there is way enough XP needed to reach max level. If you have bored people at max level yet, than its not due not enough farming reasons, its due you can buy XP in the shop. Drop that ****ing amount of XP and mats needed for weapons and heroes. Heros by around 33%, weapons by around 75%. Survivors can stay as they are.
    Weapons perks, my god, heavy attack cost/heavy attack efficiency, to name the worst of your "balances": delete that skill completely, it kills people not husks!
    Hard caps on perks: how about a stop getting roles on caped stats when u already got maximum? not to mention that YOU could mention them somehow ingame so we can decide what item is better pre leveling it.
    Dear devs, if ya lack in good ideas, there is no way that a bad one will compensate it. But keep up the work, its always funny to read ur patchnotes ... just... they tend to drive people away.

I'm fine with them making more perks viable (like durability) but when they nerf crit stuff and on top of that try to make the useless damage perks (afflicted damage stun damage etc) better then they have officially gone to far. For ****s says just give us a re roll system even if we can only re roll one. We don't want your useless perks we want a way to get/make better weapons without having to rely on your pay to win cash cow RNG system!

Comment

Also I think BR is playing an asinine roll in this. Wake up everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NokarStormBlade View Post
        I'm fine with them making more perks viable (like durability) but when they nerf crit stuff and on top of that try to make the useless damage perks (afflicted damage stun damage etc) better then they have officially gone to far. For ****s says just give us a re roll system even if we can only re roll one. We don't want your useless perks we want a way to get/make better weapons without having to rely on your pay to win cash cow RNG system!
        Especial Durability will never get viable on weapons. More damage will save Durability as well and not to mention that you can farm mats endlessly. Honestly nowadays you only have materialproblem on the first map when u just started to play and have no clue about anything or you upgraded your weapons to fast.
        Not even on traps, although i am considering that a wallpusher may get handy for SSD with more Durability, but you can just ****ing place a new one. Clear wave with rocketlaunchers, place timefield, place traps, walk out.

Comment

Working...
        X