Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I pull Fortnite's .Uasset files into a new UE project? I want the MUSIC! :)

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

So I wanted to ask the forums about this. I don't know who to turn to really and I am not looking for a real answer to this; but maybe a solution or alternative.

Right now, my goal is that I am trying to get all the music from the "STW" campaign. From using the latest version of "Umodel" and having the AES key for the most update version of fortnite (season 5) I was able to open the data files that are for the game (the .pak file). You can access all the models, meshs, textures, and the like but I don't care about that I just want the music.

I was able to find a directory called "Sounds" and it has all the effects and sounds in the game. The problem is that the sounds come in two formats, ".ogg" & ".opus". Ogg files are open source sound files and I remember them from when I used to have Ubuntu Linux. Opus files, I have never heard of but they are sounds files nonetheless. The problem is that Umodel can't extract the .Opus file from the .pak like it can with the .ogg files and other data that is in there.

So I because of that, I got about 95 to 100% of all sounds effects but only 4-5 actual songs. The rest of the songs are in the .opus file. So threre is only one way I can get the music now.....

"Umodel" can't extract opus files, but if can copy out the unreal data instead. So I can pull the assest and bulk files that you use in unreal engine 4.20....the problem is there is no way for me to access the .uassest & the .ubulk files. I tried downloading and installing unreal engine 4.20 (from the epic launcher) and creating a new project so I can the .uassest files and .ubulk files into the project but I haven't been able to find a way to do this properly so the assest show up. If I can get those assests, I can grab the opus file and turn it into mp3s.

My real goal is to put extended versions of the save the world music on youtube since nobody has it. My last method involved me using audcity to record the audio for the games and disable all the other sounds. That is still kinda hard to do and get a clean version of the song.

If anyone has any ideas or solutions or questions please let me know. Thanks

/Extra info below

As far as the sounds folder from fortnite I am trying to access the files inside of the file path of: "Sounds/Fort_Music/Orchestral_Score/Orchestral_Exploration"

Meanwhile just as an added note, here are all the names of each folder inside of the sounds folder for fortnite. There are a ton of effects but none of them give me the daytime music, or the new canny valley music.

AmbientMusic

Foley_Loot

Fortress_Foley

Fort_Ambient_Looping

Fort_Ambient_NonLoop

Fort_Atlas_Sounds

Fort_Cinematics

Fort_Doors

Fort_Foley_Sounds

Fort_Gadgets

Fort_GamePlay_Sounds

Fort_Human_VO

Fort_Impact_Sounds

Fort_Monster_Blaster

Fort_Monster_Flinger

Fort_Monster_Husk

Fort_Monster_Husky_Husk

Fort_Monster_Husk_Dwarf

Fort_Monster_Shielder

Fort_Monster_Smasher

Fort_Monster_Taker

Fort_Monster_Troll

Fort_Monster_Zapper

Fort_Music

Fort_Prop_Sounds

Fort_Quest_VO

Fort_Robots

Fort_Step_Sounds

Fort_Test_Sounds

Fort_Traps

Fort_UI_Sounds

Fort_Vehicles

Fort_Weapons

PVP

Quests

rans_AmbientLoops

]Trans_AmbientNonLoop

The Services, including all content, features, and functionality thereof, are owned by Epic, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.

You are permitted to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective customer of Epic. Except as provided below, you must not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, or transmit any of the material obtained through the Services, or delete, or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services. However, if you are otherwise in compliance with these Terms, you are permitted to use, elsewhere and on other websites, an unaltered copy of portions of the content that is publicly available on the Website for the limited, non-commercial purpose of discussing such content.

You must not reproduce, sell, or exploit for any commercial purposes any part of the Services, access to the Services or use of the Services or any services or materials available through the Services. Epic’s Fan Art and Fan Site Policy, found at https://www.epicgames.com/about/fan-art-policy/, governs non-commercial use of such content.

For clarity, the foregoing permissions are limited to the Services, and no rights are granted with respect to any servers, computers, or databases associated with the Services.
    Please see the Terms of Service in full. It should be able to answer your question.
    --Retired-- CM

See a thread or post that violates the forum guidelines? Please flag it to help out the Community Moderators. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ricz0r View Post

Please see the Terms of Service in full. It should be able to answer your question.
      I feel like this is a short way to tell me its illegal to get there music so everyone can hear it.

So just to confirm, everyone on youtube who has the battle royal theme music for listening to is violanting Epic's copyright policy.

In other words, unlike other video game publishers; EPIC doesn't allow you to release the OST of there STW music to anyone.....even though I posted music on here from STW multiple times and this is the first time this is brought up to me because instead of using Audcity, I used umodel?

Ha of course no one wants to listen to EPIC's music; that is why they don't release it and change it every so often.

Good luck anyone other there trying to find there music as its illegal.

Comment

Would anybody mind telling me the new aes key??

Comment

Originally posted by fylo6yt View Post
          Would anybody mind telling me the new aes key??
          Seeing as how the mod gave me some guidelines answer instead of helping me out here. (Or maybe its the only way he could help as its truly illegal to obtain there music because EPIC doesn't want anyone to listen to there music that they put in there game.) I feel its not best for you to ask something like that on here. I would point hints but I feel like people are just going to give me problems if I do.

Sorry, this probably isn't the place to ask even though I have it.

Comment

yes, it might possible. However, this would require unpacking the game files from the encrypted pak file, and finding a way to version them, since ue4 requires versioned assets to work properly. However, this is just speculation, and as far as I am concerned, it has not been done this method before.

Comment

Working...
            X