X

Some ideas designed to inspire:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ideas designed to inspire:

To kick off our shiny new forums I wanted to take a moment and share some ideas I had for content we can create together. I am sure that many of you out there are talented, creative people and I look forward to creating a wonderful and exciting world with you. I hope the ideas I present below will get your creative juices flowing and give us a great jumping off point to start producing some amazing player created creative writing and discussion!

Keep in mind when creating content it might be a good idea to denote in the subject of your content if it is an IC/RP piece of content. This will help those of us who are excited to find and participate in that form of content a lot easier.

Let the discussions begin! Bon appétit!
    • Mysteries, Conspiracies and Theories!
      • My idea here is to take a different approach than we see in most "fantasy" type games. Taking a cue from the popularity of Sci-Fi conspiracy theories, Ancient Aliens, and paranormal conspiracies we instead present many lore and zone aspects as more of a tongue in cheek conspiracy or Twilight Zone flavour
    • Commander Dossier (Player driven backstory and content)
      • My idea here is that instead of being one-of-many Tank Penny's or B.A.S.E Kyle's players could choose to give favourite Commander a name and backstory. We can't forget those Husks though either, there will be plenty of encounter stories for them too!
    • Commander's Tavern (Active Role-play and Story threads)
      • Taking a page from the long history of role playing this is a place where threads may be created as if they were living breathing conversations and interactions between Commanders in the setting of a gnarly post-apocalyptic watering hole where the Root-Beer is "sort of chilled" and the banter is witty. Players may also post role play interactions conducted while "field" as well.

Technology is best when it brings people together. - Matt Mullenweg

Hello, I’ve been playing fortnite since about a week or two after first launch. And I got to say this is the best game I have ever played. And the fortnite team is doing an excellent job with all the cool additions to the game.

One big question I have for all of you, is..... when u load into your storm shield I believe it’s on the north side that slopes down from the shield generator, there’s the big door, to what seems to go into the actual base itself. But we can’t use it for anything, have you guys ever thought about using that area for like a community/ global trading market place/ hang out Area?? Where other global players could be seen running around and dancing, trading things that can’t be dropped like pure drops of rain, lighting in a bottle or even schematics! You could even put in some vendors that require vbucks, or completion of side quests for special items??
    I think that would be beyond awesome!!
    Either way, I’ll be playing fortnite until fortnight 2 comes out!
    Lil_4_bill
    ps4

Comment

Why make a Fortnite 2? Making a sequel to an early access game that isn't finished probably isn't a very good idea. Also mmos getting sequels instead of improving the base game (looking at you destiny) while also screwing over people who sunk hours into the first game is just a no.

Comment

I don't know if anyone said we need clans and maybe put skins in for the walls floors Basically all the building stuff I think it be cool get different skins and change the Colors of your building stuff so you can be unique
        Last edited by Vtwin; 01-14-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I would love to see a true survival mode mix-up in the future. They have all the assets! It would be so nice to see a third "tab" option in the main menu "SURVIVAL"! Be a nice break from pvp and hordes! <3
          The easy way to save screenshots, GIFs, and websites. Make everyone happy by sharing smarter, faster, and with your point crystal clear.

Comment

Do you guys think they will add another upgrade level to the wood,brick,metal materials and make them have 5 levels like the schematics or will they leave it at 3

Comment

Custom games for ALL consoles ........!!!!

Comment

I have a idea of the patchy parts of the story: 30 - 40 years in future. Prisoners are filling up cells and taking up what can be a house or sky scraper. So all prisoners are moved to a big prison in the ocean with a name that has to start with "V". (Its all over the place come on.) And its kind of a nice place for the ones that survive its deadly experimental wepon battle royal. Were prisoners kill each other while scientist take notes. Later zombies and yeah what ever. Then the prisoner's. Only the best of the best are put in a sqaud to save the world the end. GG

Comment

Save The World FREE???!!??!?!

Comment

I think epic games should put spectator mode in to the battle royale mode. Like for example if ur friends are in a match and there is not enough time to play one to pass time u can click on there profile and spectate them. Let me know what u think.

Comment

• Vidi Vici Veni commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think you should post in the BR forum section.

• RainbowPheanix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Why not a spectator mode in pve too ? why stop here. Should be an easy thing for epic, spec mode exists (only in pvp when u dead). F.e. in League, i can spectate any friend any time. catch up on it Epic :D

The suggestion with survival mode took me on thinking. And connected with that thought, that it´s often sad that buildings disappear when the mission is completed and it would be nice, to build something that lasts longer, here´s my suggestion:

- PvE survival maps, let it be like, four times the size of normal maps with the same random environment generator

-Do quests at day and defend your house /base at night or, discover caves (that could be a little larger than in horde mode pls)

-Quests could be different at night, like "kill that monstruous Sweeper in that cave to get the loot" or something.

-Buildings won´t get destroyed - the party leader can save the map and give teammates permission to do so too (in case he´s not online and his bois wanna play) People who enjoy building will be grateful with the opportunity to build something outside their homebases, that lasts longer than a mission.

-=Oh! here´s an idea that might fit you well epic :D how about making survival maps don´t last forever?=-

- Players will have to achieve goals and complete missions to make the map last longer (let´s say standart time 1 week) the more you play and build, the longer the map lasts, until and enboss appears ( f.e. a huge Breaker with 10.000 hp, you don´t even have to create a new monster! but - would be nice :D) if you defeat the endboss, the map can be continued to play on ( with repeating dailys like "defend your village (i suppose, people will build villages and small towns with nice traps on the outside) this has the perk, that unused maps delete themselves after a while. Jeah, i only have your server space in mind :p Make it hard to "master" a survival map! It should feel like an achievement.

-
                    If you cut out the weapons and shematics for this mode, you could use rare materials and found-in-the -world-shematics to callenge the players getting the equipment to defeat the enderdrake .. errm, endboss!

- Harvesting the material in this mode should be reduced, so the players dont fill the map with skyscrapers in 1 day. To be realistic, 2 wood would make a tree, a little rock 1 stone and big rocks 1-2 more. would feel more like survival, and if you finished your house, you´re even prouder. Y´know? just slowing down a bit. The build speed of BR and survival don´t hug so much. Maybe trees should regrow after some days...

But why stop here.

fill the battle royale map with husks - and- bäm! survivalmap. why create another one? put some " find that console" and "collect all of Lars´ Albums" quests in and i´d be fine ^^

If you are ********* rich, hire more stuff and do that please :D
                    Last edited by RainbowPheanix; 06-18-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Adding Survival mode will be a good thing to go with.

Comment

Many would disagree, but I would love to see proximity chat in fortnite.

Comment

Hello EpicGames and Heroes that came to save the world, I am here because I have been pasionate about this game for a long time and have played for a long time.Before I begin to explain myself I want to ask you a question ¿Do you really read what people coment inside your game when they use other languages like spanish? Because man, then I have been wasting hours.

My name is Xoán and I would love to name every hero or survivor as Mexicans, just for the good feels of spanish music in my heart. But above all the customization in roleplay, which I love since I began playing D&D, even now as a Dungeon Master, I need to make it clear, the lategame of this game is just weak, if not empty.

1· Heroes feel bad, not only because they add skills or buffs until level 30, but because they lack customization at gameplay level. I wouldn't like to mess with heroes skills and abilities, that would make them nameless hollows to fullfill your gamestyle. Instead of that I propose expanding the skills tree in your home base hugemungusly, not to add +8,+12+20 or whatever to your stats, but to modify actual heroe skills, Use a sphere like system where you can use droped spheres from enemies in order to upgrade any B.A.S.E. with reflecting damage increased, Soldiers weapon's damage increased (Shotguns, assaultrifles, ...), increased loot in loot llama, increased movement speed for ninjas.

Or it could even add some unique skills only adquirable from this system. It could be a portable machinegun that you could deploy on some walls and use it as you waste your blueglue for 30 seconds of use, acounting the heat and difficultness to aim, When deployed everyone could use it. Some special and awesome tool box for constructors to leave near the B.A.S.E. that could create ammunition adn acelerate the recharge of autoturrets, missiles and mines.

Maybe this system could work as runes and maestries used to function on League of Legends while it lasted, the customization will ever be missed.

2· We all know about the infamous survivors that feel not to abandon the map for a sad and pretty much useless sanitary box, instead of that we could have some quests asking the hero to rescue a family member from the dephts of a dungeon filled with husks and dangers from which we all can fall, get crushed or burn to death. Not that Roleplay as a caravan out of the cave would make anysense since we dispose of portable teleport devices, but it could be awesome if there would be more than 1 and we had to keep going deeper and deeper.

¿What about holding a position deep in the caves to help many survivors trapped in their own refuge? We have seen already many of those destroyed by the storm or the weather, ¿but how about we actually come in time to save their lives? I would find it pretty neat, even thought people dont usually get together that easy, so maybe reward it as one stormchest, or maybe more, so everyone wants to fill the adventure with their skills to build, find and fight.

3· Make the actual base, let us interact with the survivors we use to improve our skills, the survivors that fight alongside us when no one else is coming to help, where we can see Ray and his robot friends make some jokes, and almost ruin everything with every move. Let us make a difference by talking as someone that is behind them all as you show us in the begining of this game. Maybe a woman, a man, but the comander, the stupid one that got there and reunited everyone to help combat the storm.

We may see how the B.A.S.E.s are made or tuned up, how the soldiers cheer up with their guns and armor, how the explorator type like to look at the maps and point out new places to visit, explore and help people, where the ninjas use their skills to mess up with wach other and train young survivors. That could be all implemented as a creator/editor for survivor cards.

A place where you could use your weapons and test their DPS against every element type as soon as you recolect some samples from them, etc, everything could come together for you as an experience as a comander with survivors and heroes.

4· When the base is added so you can walk inside of it, you could implement a building system that allows you to build a water cleaner to passive generate clean water (the item you use to improve many things in the game) and upgrade it longside high level elements. We could be talking about drills to find water underground, some facilities for your survivors to generate some chips (so you can upgrade your weapons perks) thanks to some metal and silicon you find in the world (?) maybe.

I mean, if there is a health care inside the base there might be work for your survivors aswell so they can help you save the world, right? That way everyone could feel uselful and be a happy adventure experience. The adventure we came to enjoy.

A)· Just repond to the feedback people give you, I know it may be overwhelming but I am sure that you could atleast respond to the feedback in the opinion spectrum for the game. Now I dont know how to feel, I am sure to want this game to grow in the PVE experience, but my ideas seem to never come to you, even if I know that breaking the actual game would make it weird, it would be funnier for sure, a PVE game hasn't to be balanced, thats something I hate, If you want to make it fair just empower every enemy with the same level of stats we have, give them new skills,send them in bigger numbers... And with that I have the worst of my problems.

The mission's timer. From the refuge repair to the retrieve the data, timers are the saddest and worst experience I had with the ordes. I just like the ordes when there is a counter on how many you have to kill and they come in so many numbers that your strategy to kill them all really makes the difference, alongside your strategy to keep your walls high, but when a timer comes to it you could just cheat instead if there is an oportunity, there is no incentive into killing mobs, just evade them touch the thing you are protecting, which is really passive and non fun. Make it more agressive, Give a number, make every soldier a kill machine, the ninjas as the crapling control crowlers they are, the builders as a passive damage with some tank capabilities, even if you push evey one into it I feel passiveness in all of them. This is just not fun for me, atleast is what I truly feel.

The most fun I truly had with games is when they became really incentive with action and made you decide where and when to make the damage, to result in better score not only in numbers and loot but in time saving aswell. You are your hero, you will save people, make your choices have a great impact in the game.

B)· I am sorry if I seem too unreasonable or even if I seem out of place, but i love this game and want to make this game great. Even if I am not working on it I felt I was doing something, but days passed and you not only seem to ignore me, as the individual I am, but seem to go in a direction that makes the game just repeat itself. I love the story, keep the good work, but please, dont listen to the market place, maybe we need something to assure fair exchange, but for what? ¿What do you want to exchange in this game? ¿Farm? ¿Schemes? Dont do it, trade do not only would work against the game, It would add incredible frustration at an early game.It would be nonsensical.

From the bottom of my heart of gamer that went the action combat rabbit hole for his whole life, forget about fairness, make the game big, fun, entertaining, cooperative, make us feel strong when we are making the right decisions, let us play the way we want, and let us grow in many directions without any of them more important that the other, just gamestyles for everyone to have fun with.
                          Last edited by zonracosines; 07-06-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X