Ken Bacon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Bacon

It was a dark and stormy night, as usual, and Ken was keeping very still. The Monks had always warned him about leaving the mountains, foul beasts and demons, hah. He didn't believe in such nonsense.

Yet there he was minding his own business exploring and looting the abandoned town when They had just burst out of some funky magic door. Luckily his vastly superior Ninja skills let him move into cover in the Deli unseen and unheard. He examined his visitors; No. It can't be. Zombies? What the heck are these things? A whole circus of them, short ones, medium ones, fat ones, and one tall guy that must be their leader. As he shifted position to get a better look an errant tin can rolled off the desk with a loud clatter. In an instant, the passing horde turned with a roar and bore down on Ken's location.

Surviving in the mountains and foothills of Stonewood had taught him to assume anything rushing at you wants to kill you, or eat you, or both, so he reacted in the only way he could and drew his sword, took up the Masamune stance and prepared for battle. He slashed at the smaller guys swarming in only to have one leap directly at his face. He leaped backward to gain some time but they closed in fast and began trying to remove his ankles. He swung his blade and when he did connect with them he dispatched them with ease. Only then did he realize they had drawn blood. Gotta remember those guys are dangerous. He turned to face the remaining foes who had closed most of the distance to him while he was dealing with the small guys. He slashed left and right, stepping back to avoid their flailing arms.

No real threat he... A bright spot struck the wall next to him leaving a burnt smoldering patch. He glanced towards the door as he ducked to see the large guy lighting up and flashing. Well, this complicates matters. The other things were all steadily closing in. Time to pick a new battlefield. He waited as long as he could to catch his breath, just as the blasts from the large guy stopped. He jumped onto the desk and used the Dragon Slash technique to make it most of the way to the door, unfortunately, his exit was blocked by one of the fat creatures. He quickly pulled out his double barrel shotgun and let rip both shots, clearing the doorway. He might be a ninja, but he would be foolish to refuse all arms. The shotgun had saved his life many times and he had affectionately named it "Bacon". He dashed through the doorway and made a hasty retreat to the alleyway just as he saw the flashes of light from behind again.

He barely made it around the corner. I can feel the heat from that, can't get hit. The fat guys were approaching and Ken thought this could be me done, just as he realized the large guy wasn't advancing with the others, he was just trying to get a bead on him. Yes! You can do this! He quickly stepped forth and stabbed at one foe, then as he heard the noise of the large guy attacking he quickly stepped back. One more slash was enough to dispatch the first heavy, the second took a wild swing at him but he leaped backward again. The large guy was now advancing to the mouth of the alley and Ken decided it was time to move again. One more leap and he was clear to the exit of the alleyway.

I think it might be time to feed Bacon. He slid 2 shells from his pouch as he rounded the corner, reloaded and then turned and readied his sword. The heavy walked straight into his spinning slash and went down instantly. Now to deal with Mr lightning face. He glanced around the corner to be instantly greeted with a roar and flashes of light. Ok, so you want to play it that way. He leaped onto a dumpster and again, grabbing the edge of the rooftop and pulling himself up in one swift motion. He could still hear the roar and sizzle of rain being vaporized by the heat of the monsters blasts.

He ran and glanced down in time to see the monster stop, and he dropped down directly next to it. Stab! Slash Stab! It began to glow and he whipped out Bacon and let rip both barrels. Down the creature went. Just what in the hell are you buddy? He stopped and caught his breath, aware of the sudden silence and constant patter of rain.

All quiet? Good. Can finally get a good look at whatever the heck these things are. This guy certainly looks like a monster. He moved back to the still form of the heavy. This one is almost human, except, wow that's creepy. It's like he had a face and just pulled it off like a cheap hat. In the distance, the unmistakable cracks of gunfire rang out. Ah, now that is something a Ninja can't dodge easily; Bullets. Time to retreat back to the monastery to consider what I have seen out here.

It's been Aeons since I did any serious creative writing, so please be gentle ^^
    Last edited by The_Urgist; 09-13-2017, 05:20 PM.

too many short sentences

Comment

Mmm, yeah, but if I let myself do long sentences they tend to get too long and convoluted and eventually become a pain to follow ^

Comment

This should totally be turned into an animated short, job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Urgist View Post
          It was a dark and stormy night, as usual, and Ken was keeping very still. The Monks had always warned him about leaving the mountains, foul beasts and demons, hah. He didn't believe in such nonsense.

Yet there he was minding his own business exploring and looting the abandoned town when They had just burst out of some funky magic door. Luckily his vastly superior Ninja skills let him move into cover in the Deli unseen and unheard. He examined his visitors; No. It can't be. Zombies? What the heck are these things? A whole circus of them, short ones, medium ones, fat ones, and one tall guy that must be their leader. As he shifted position to get a better look an errant tin can rolled off the desk with a loud clatter. In an instant, the passing horde turned with a roar and bore down on Ken's location.

Surviving in the mountains and foothills of Stormwood had taught him to assume anything rushing at you wants to kill you, or eat you, or both, so he reacted in the only way he could and drew his sword, took up the Masamune stance and prepared for battle. He slashed at the smaller guys swarming in only to have one leap directly at his face. He leaped backward to gain some time but they closed in fast and began trying to remove his ankles. He swung his blade and when he did connect with them he dispatched them with ease. Only then did he realize they had drawn blood. Gotta remember those guys are dangerous. He turned to face the remaining foes who had closed most of the distance to him while he was dealing with the small guys. He slashed left and right, stepping back to avoid their flailing arms.

No real threat he... A bright spot struck the wall next to him leaving a burnt smoldering patch. He glanced towards the door as he ducked to see the large guy lighting up and flashing. Well, this complicates matters. The other things were all steadily closing in. Time to pick a new battlefield. He waited as long as he could to catch his breath, just as the blasts from the large guy stopped. He jumped onto the desk and used the Dragon Slash technique to make it most of the way to the door, unfortunately, his exit was blocked by one of the fat creatures. He quickly pulled out his double barrel shotgun and let rip both shots, clearing the doorway. He might be a ninja, but he would be foolish to refuse all arms. The shotgun had saved his life many times and he had affectionately named it "Bacon". He dashed through the doorway and made a hasty retreat to the alleyway just as he saw the flashes of light from behind again.

He barely made it around the corner. I can feel the heat from that, can't get hit. The fat guys were approaching and Ken thought this could be me done, just as he realized the large guy wasn't advancing with the others, he was just trying to get a bead on him. Yes! You can do this! He quickly stepped forth and stabbed at one foe, then as he heard the noise of the large guy attacking he quickly stepped back. One more slash was enough to dispatch the first heavy, the second took a wild swing at him but he leaped backward again. The large guy was now advancing to the mouth of the alley and Ken decided it was time to move again. One more leap and he was clear to the exit of the alleyway.

I think it might be time to feed Bacon. He slid 2 shells from his pouch as he rounded the corner, reloaded and then turned and readied his sword. The heavy walked straight into his spinning slash and went down instantly. Now to deal with Mr lightning face. He glanced around the corner to be instantly greeted with a roar and flashes of light. Ok, so you want to play it that way. He leaped onto a dumpster and again, grabbing the edge of the rooftop and pulling himself up in one swift motion. He could still hear the roar and sizzle of rain being vaporized by the heat of the monsters blasts.

He ran and glanced down in time to see the monster stop, and he dropped down directly next to it. Stab! Slash Stab! It began to glow and he whipped out Bacon and let rip both barrels. Down the creature went. Just what in the hell are you buddy? He stopped and caught his breath, aware of the sudden silence and constant patter of rain.

All quiet? Good. Can finally get a good look at whatever the heck these things are. This guy certainly looks like a monster. He moved back to the still form of the heavy. This one is almost human, except, wow that's creepy. It's like he had a face and just pulled it off like a cheap hat. In the distance, the unmistakable cracks of gunfire rang out. Ah, now that is something a Ninja can't dodge easily; Bullets. Time to retreat back to the monastery to consider what I have seen out here.

It's been Aeons since I did any serious creative writing, so please be gentle ^^
          Awesome read! I loved it. I enjoyed how you highlighted how formidable the Blaster was. Thanks so much for sharing with everyone.

Make sure Bacon is always fed.

Comment

Needs more bees. You're not a real ninja until you've cleanly sliced a thousand bees in half with one dragon slash.
            Loved it though. The blaster in the rain really set a full atmosphere.

Question though: "Stormwood?"

Comment

Uhhhh.. Noone saw anything. You can't prove nuttin. There's definately not a quote saving that fail.

P.S. Good spot!

Comment

Really happy you decided to go ahead and share your creative writing even if it has been a while since you dipped your toe into that pool. In the coming days, I hope your piece will find itself in the company of some of my own writing silly though it may be.

Keep up the hard work and imagination.

~ Mal
                Technology is best when it brings people together. - Matt Mullenweg

Comment

Originally posted by Maleficara View Post
                  Really happy you decided to go ahead and share your creative writing even if it has been a while since you dipped your toe into that pool. In the coming days, I hope your piece will find itself in the company of some of my own writing silly though it may be.

Keep up the hard work and imagination.

~ Mal
                  I've been thinking of how to continue the story and had the idea that when he meets another survivor it is would be the character from another persons short, just been waiting on more posts to appear ^^

Comment

Originally posted by The_Urgist View Post

I've been thinking of how to continue the story and had the idea that when he meets another survivor it is would be the character from another persons short, just been waiting on more posts to appear ^^
                    That's a pretty neat idea. Maleficara just posted her own!

Comment

Working...
                    X