Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reset Skillpoints

Collapse
X

Reset Skillpoints

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reset Skillpoints

    Hello everyone

    Today I want to talk about the option to reset skillpoints. Many of us know, if there are more options it could happen that you decide to change your playstyle. You played Assault but now you want to be Outlander. You wasted everything on Assault and cant reset it, which means that you cant enjoy a full skilled Outlander. Its a good Game, but please we need a Reset Option for Skillpoints
    What do you think guys?

  • #2
    I absolutely agree there should be a way to re-spec our points and that RNG shouldn't lock our play style. Girlfriend is a sniper main with a shock outlander whose perks all revolve around the tower being placed near enemies. It doesn't fit the playstyle and we already spent 100 each on a chance to land characters that do. We didn't get them needless to say. :confused:

    Comment


    • #3
      Correct me if im wrong, but my roommates and I all ASSUME that there is no level cap for fortnite, So essentially you could max out all the skill trees with enough time on your hands. There would be no need for a reset skill points option, if you mess up, Just start spec'ing into something different and keep playing and leveling up to get skill points and do missions that give skill points, and so on.

      Comment


      • TiGG3zZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Never heard about no level cap, it actually sounds great

    • #4
      I disagree with the op there is no level cap that I'm aware of. Also the game literally forces you to spac into multiple trees, the first skill tree for instance you end up filling out about 60% before it allows you to access the second tree. Meaning that while it's possible it's incredibly unlikely that you could have specced yourself into a corner, and in fact the only way I can see it happening is if it was done on purpose. The only major reason I can see people wanting to respec is to minmax that one or two odd points in each tree they accidentally placed and then realized they could live without (I'm guilty of this to jsyk). Move on and keep leveling imho it's not hard to get points, heck you don't even have to play rounds to get points you can just throw some stuff in your collections book.

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by TiGG3zZ View Post
        Hello everyone

        Today I want to talk about the option to reset skillpoints. Many of us know, if there are more options it could happen that you decide to change your playstyle. You played Assault but now you want to be Outlander. You wasted everything on Assault and cant reset it, which means that you cant enjoy a full skilled Outlander. Its a good Game, but please we need a Reset Option for Skillpoints
        What do you think guys?
        Hi there! The Fortnite developers definitely appreciate your feedback. Can you also provide this feedback in game so the developers can see this faster? You can see how to that here.

        Comment


        • #6
          Dude. Just keep playing. I get 2-5 skills points PER mission (and i'm <day in)...and you need to unlock X amount to continue to the next tier and sub-tier... In Alpha, I remember getting so many skills points from side missions that I had like 40 built up because I had already selected EVERYTHING and had to play main quest to open up new skill trees! Like, seriously, that +3 damage you got instead of +3 health. Only takes like 8 hours to grab EVERY SINGLE SKILL in tier 1. WHY would a reset be needed?

          Comment


          • #7
            What about in tier 2 or 3 or 4 for that matter. i am close to unlocking tier 3 and i wish i had spent my points differently.

            Comment


            • #8
              Definitely agree!

              Skill tree reset (not progress reset, but reset of the choices we made) would really improve the gameplay experience. So far we are bounded to just one class, it is especially important at higher levels - power 50+ as we need to bring as much value as possible. Changing classes at lower levels is not that critical and can be easily done. Current gameplay style makes players to gather resources, kill husks, build or explore/loot. However, player can not experience all of those at its glory since he is bounded to just one class. Solution 'just keep playing and put points in different nodes' is not the answer here. As game progresses player will most likely switch to another game rather than collect twice as much points just to experience other class and struggle on higher levels - of course he can farm at the same power, but who would like to do that for weeks? Game really pushes players to progress up to skill tree 4. I can not imagine collecting the same amounts of points just to play ONE other class.

              I would like to mention Borderlands in which player is able to reset skill tree at any time. This makes community explore finest combinations, discover new playstyles and really enjoy the game in every aspect. I wish Fortnite could do so... It should not be a debate if it is good or not for Fortnite but when the update comes out with renewable skill tree.



              Comment


              • #9
                I'm on canny ssd4, but I'm taking my time.

                My tier 1 skills (71/74) are maxed out, only defenders left.
                My tier 2 skills (93/100) are maxed out, only defenders left and a couple of skills I don't want.
                My tier 3 skills are almost maxed out.(75/100) (I don't like constructors or the ninja playstyle, so I've not selected those)

                I'd imagine soon though, I'll get +4 skill points on raising my commander level at that point I'll make a beeline for finishing up canny.

                If they did add a reset, it would have to reset all skill points and remove all survivors from your squads.
                Min/maxing could be possible by raising the level of your weapon/hero then not select it as an option on a reset, essentially making those options in the skill tree worthless.
                Don't know if they would want that.

                But it would still be nice for those who lack lots of skill points and want to try something new so I'm all for it :)

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by DoUEvenFortnite View Post
                  Definitely agree!

                  Skill tree reset (not progress reset, but reset of the choices we made) would really improve the gameplay experience. So far we are bounded to just one class, it is especially important at higher levels - power 50+ as we need to bring as much value as possible. Changing classes at lower levels is not that critical and can be easily done. Current gameplay style makes players to gather resources, kill husks, build or explore/loot. However, player can not experience all of those at its glory since he is bounded to just one class. Solution 'just keep playing and put points in different nodes' is not the answer here. As game progresses player will most likely switch to another game rather than collect twice as much points just to experience other class and struggle on higher levels - of course he can farm at the same power, but who would like to do that for weeks? Game really pushes players to progress up to skill tree 4. I can not imagine collecting the same amounts of points just to play ONE other class.

                  I would like to mention Borderlands in which player is able to reset skill tree at any time. This makes community explore finest combinations, discover new playstyles and really enjoy the game in every aspect. I wish Fortnite could do so... It should not be a debate if it is good or not for Fortnite but when the update comes out with renewable skill tree.


                  Skills in Fortnite aren't as game changing as a build in Borderlands though. You just get stats here and unlock some transformations/upgrades. It's not even remotely comparable to what Borderlands offers to classes. That's a specific build and they vary GREATLY between them. Completely different system.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Thorbius View Post

                    Skills in Fortnite aren't as game changing as a build in Borderlands though. You just get stats here and unlock some transformations/upgrades. It's not even remotely comparable to what Borderlands offers to classes. That's a specific build and they vary GREATLY between them. Completely different system.
                    I agree plus Borderlands is not even the SAME kind of game as Fortnite so that's not even the correct game to compare Fortnite at all! I mean it is like trying to compare I don't know... GTA V to Fallout 4, the only thing those two game have in common are they are open world focused. I think you'd agree on me that the person who tried to compare Fortnite to Borderlands needs to use a game that is more easily comparable to Fortnite if they wanted to make a stronger point right Thorbius?

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Honestly, I'd say take a page from The Secret World on this one. Just let us accumulate enough skill points to unlock every node... if they're dead set on having a fixed skill point cap then give us free form choice in what we unlock and let us respec periodically. Because I couldn't care less about defender slots and there are only a few abilities I enjoy using.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        due to how the system works its not possible to full reset the skill tree.
                        Normally you can not advance further than level 10. you have to skill 2 stars to get to 20 and so on.
                        When you reset skills you would have to reset all star levels also. (heroes, weapons, survivors etc)

                        Or you get only those skills resetted that are not necessary to remain your stars.
                        In that case its not much left and i doubt its worth doing a reset.
                        In Addition, the skill tree has several options to reach a specified knot. Which one will be resetted?

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by lolfacederp
                          theres really no need for a reset, you can max out every skill, and you would kind of have to. If you want to unlock all survivor squad slots you basically have to max out every branch on the skill tree, I have all skills max up to t4.
                          If you unlock every skill node in skill trees 1-3, you'll have something like 26 nodes in skill tree 4 that you can't unlock due to a lack of skill points. Unfortunately some of the nodes are bound to be important ones like survivor squad slots.

                          Originally posted by Moghediena View Post
                          due to how the system works its not possible to full reset the skill tree.
                          They did a few skill point resets prior to EA whenever they made large scale changes to the skill trees. It had no impact on card levels... so it's certainly possible. but it could be a huge pain in the butt to do. You also mention having several paths to various nodes, but there are quite a few nodes that require you to unlock things in previous trees to move past... I have 4 or 5 airstrike and defender nodes unlocked for no reason beyond wanting nodes after them.


                          The skill tree like many other aspects of Fortnite feels like they went out of their way to try to make a relatively simple system needlessly complex. I don't mind games with skill trees that force you to make sacrifices (do I want to be a healer or a damage dealer) but in all of those games the skill tree is tied to an individual character. If you look at games like The Secret World or Skyforge, where one character can do it all (in this case the commander) unlocking sections of the skill tree is just a matter of time, effort, and where you start along the path.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by kakamouth View Post

                            If you unlock every skill node in skill trees 1-3, you'll have something like 26 nodes in skill tree 4 that you can't unlock due to a lack of skill points. Unfortunately some of the nodes are bound to be important ones like survivor squad slots.
                            How do you figure this, when the devs their self said there in no skill point limit, meaning you can unlock every node? Also, as many others have pointed out, you pretty much have to unlock 80% of each skill tree to even progress to the next tree, then the survivor slots that are locked deep in the trees too.



                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X