Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STS vote skip daytime, but no 14 day really?

Collapse
X

STS vote skip daytime, but no 14 day really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• STS vote skip daytime, but no 14 day really?

The 14 day time frame was almost the entire reason for people wanting the ability to skip the gathering phases to shorten that 4 hour time frame. Doing both adding voting to skip daytime and also removing the 14 day is kind of counter productive imo. I know a lot of people complained it was too long, but it wasn't like they HAD to do it. Why give less content? Being able to skip daytime should be able to reduce the 4 hours of a 14 day down to something like a little over 2 hours for those who are good. I think it just goes to show your really out of touch with your player base and are not really thinking through the changes you are making.

Allot of the crashes were cropping up in days 9+, so I'd bet they're still working out the bugs.

Comment

To be fair, the difference between 7 days and 14 days was very minimal, it was just longer. And even with vote skip daytime it would still be very long anyway:

14 days in Fortnite last for 4 hours, that means that each day is 18 minutes roughly, let's say for convenience that 9 of those minutes were day time (building phase), and the other 9 were night time (combat phase), that means you can skip 9 minutes per day, except that you actually need to build and gather resources JIC, so let's say you need 3 minutes on average per day for building phase, that is a total of 6 minutes per day you can skip, so roughly 84 minutes, or 1 hour and 24 minutes, but let's round it to 1 hour and a half for convenience. The mission would still last 2 hours and a half, which is a lot of time for a single mission, you could literally do 6-7 Rescue the Survivors or Destroy Encampment mission; and this is not taking in account if the rewards are worth it or not, which BTW, is very likely this 6-7 short missions will give you many more rewards for long term (for example, Rescue the Survivors gives a lot of People).

7 days is, in theory, half as long, so under the same conditions it should only be 1 hour and 15 minutes, give or take. It is still a long time for only 1 mission, but is much more manageable.

Comment

Originally posted by contrafuerza View Post
        To be fair, the difference between 7 days and 14 days was very minimal, it was just longer. And even with vote skip daytime it would still be very long anyway:

14 days in Fortnite last for 4 hours, that means that each day is 18 minutes roughly, let's say for convenience that 9 of those minutes were day time (building phase), and the other 9 were night time (combat phase), that means you can skip 9 minutes per day, except that you actually need to build and gather resources JIC, so let's say you need 3 minutes on average per day for building phase, that is a total of 6 minutes per day you can skip, so roughly 84 minutes, or 1 hour and 24 minutes, but let's round it to 1 hour and a half for convenience. The mission would still last 2 hours and a half, which is a lot of time for a single mission, you could literally do 6-7 Rescue the Survivors or Destroy Encampment mission; and this is not taking in account if the rewards are worth it or not, which BTW, is very likely this 6-7 short missions will give you many more rewards for long term (for example, Rescue the Survivors gives a lot of People).

7 days is, in theory, half as long, so under the same conditions it should only be 1 hour and 15 minutes, give or take. It is still a long time for only 1 mission, but is much more manageable.
        6-7 rescue survivors didn't award you 2x legendarys, 4x epics, and an event llama.
        Skip wasn't needed, those rewards were for the hardcore players who ground through the 4 hours.

Now they are catering to casuals who wanted skip. I bet no more farmable legendarys now, with a new limit of a few runs per day, with 24 hour reset.

Comment

Originally posted by macsdf1 View Post

6-7 rescue survivors didn't award you 2x legendarys, 4x epics, and an event llama.
          Skip wasn't needed, those rewards were for the hardcore players who ground through the 4 hours.

Now they are catering to casuals who wanted skip. I bet no more farmable legendarys now, with a new limit of a few runs per day, with 24 hour reset.
          The thing is: this game is supposed to be casual. It is co-op. They can add difficulty options, sure, but that won't stop this game of being casual, supposed to be played around friends and family to have a nice non-competitive time together.

BTW, those rewards you mentioned might be true for a 14 days level 40+, because I did the 14 days level 15, and the only legendary I got was the legendary hydra transform from the quest, I also don't remember getting event llamas, unless you are referring to the tickets, which I got a fair share, but not really enough to buy one event llama by itself; I did get a lot of very useful epics though. And since I also was with my brother, I can confirm that that was pretty much standard rewards for that level. I remember how bummed we were for how absurd the rewards were for such a lengthy amount of time.

I keep thinking that removing 14 days was a good choice, not only because the amount of time is insane; but because a lot of people wanted the 14 days to either be shortened by a lot, or be eliminated. After the 5th or 6th day it got boring.

Comment

it was boring for 14 days low level cause it's just far too ez.
            for us who did 14 days lvl 70 well we didn't have a lot of time to sit around skipping days.
            only 14 day 70 awarded the 2x legendarys and full llama etc.
            most people couldn't do the 70 yet.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the 14 days and neither were any of my friends. We did them for the rewards only or to help a friend get them. None of us did it because we enjoyed it. I could of done the lvl40 14 days but was completely burned out helping people with the lvl15. 4 hours ate was a long time to sit in one place. I like to get up and move from time to time. You know, eat, talk with family, kick a ball to the dog. The 14 days took a lot of preparation too which took time away from enjoying playing Fortnite for me.

Comment

We build the base in 5 days and afk until wave 12 Hits ... Was an pretty Amazon loot event got a lot of legendäre transforms

Comment

Being able to shorten to mission should have a knock on effect for the rewards.

If it's a vote thing then any group that votes to shorten should lose a bit of the reward. It makes no sense that a team doing less should get the full reward as a team doing the full run.

Comment

That's a pretty silly way to look at it. The rewards should be for beating the challenge. Skipping the days don't lessen the challenge. The way your looking at it suggests the reward is for wasting your time. That's a terrible way to look at it

Comment

Tex is correct, skipping farm/build phase increases difficulty. So lower rewards makes zero sense. It's not like you can skip the defense phase. Though hopefully people are smart enough to get set up before skipping farm/build phases.

Comment

What is the point of 7 and 14 day survivals if the time can be skipped while getting the same rewards?

That just sounds ridiculous.

Getting the exact same rewards for less effort?

No, just no. That should never be a thing. The less you put in the less you get out.

Edit - better idea, cut it all in half'ish. Have 3 and 7 day survivals with half the rewards they would have had before. Less time per mission and everyone is happy.
                        Last edited by Gomly1980; 11-24-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

So you want the rewards to be for staring at your screen waiting for something to happen? I honestly can't even begin to formulate a response to that...

look at it this way. The rewards are for killing husks (playing the game). Even skipping day phases, you are kiling the same amount of husks. So no need to drop rewards.

Comment

Skipping day phases to save time, yes.

Reducing the number of nights, no.

Stop casualizing the game for people who can't handle it. If you don't want to play the 14-day... don't play it.

Comment

No to 14 day. Because then they will add a quest to complete it at least once (and 3-4hrs is just too much for some people).

Comment

Working...
                              X