Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fortnight Router Ports to Open (TCP/UDP Ports)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone list the ports that need to be Open for PS4 and or PC & Xbox?

SO digging around a bit I would assume they use a lot of stuff like Paragon, so I would say 80/443/5222
    I came, I built, husk destroyed all of it.

Comment

I came upon that same post, and I wanted to ask here, because for 1 that's a pretty big assumption, as it's not likely that it's the same team, and also I wanted to create a post that showed specific answers to Fortnight on Google when searched. I will try those ports, but because I have to send in a request to get that opened, I can't just throw things against the wall to see what sticks. I will update this post if that works. Thanks !

Comment

If I remember, I'll try to throw up Wireshark and monitor the game and see what ports it uses....but I much rather be playing, lol.

Okay I did the launcher and got into the game, and was monitoring it, let me go over the packets and see what ports.
        Last edited by giveen; 07-24-2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

port 53
          port 80
          port 443
          port 5795-99
          port 5222
          port 5800-5847

*Lots of edits as I go through a packet capture*
          Last edited by giveen; 07-24-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• qAdriaNp commented
            Editing a comment
            TCP/UDP? useless information if this is not stated

And that is all. A lot of the packets come back as 443 and then your router applies a UPnP to local ports.

Comment

Hi, could you specify if these ports are UPD or TCP please ?
            Did this work for you ?

Comment

Just DMZ your computer, never have to worry about opening ports again (don't do this).

Comment

Just DMZ does not always work for every game nor does UPNP sometimes you have to forward ports depends on router and game so saying dont do this is really bad advice

Comment

I don't understand, I can launch the program, setup my game, rewards, skills, etc ... And when I launch the game : The server disconnect me ...
                  I missed to open a port, but which one ?
                  Please Help me !

Comment

Is this a console or a computer?

Comment

Computer, and the firewall of my provider box (Orange, France)

Comment

Originally posted by boogie95 View Post
                        Just DMZ does not always work for every game nor does UPNP sometimes you have to forward ports depends on router and game so saying dont do this is really bad advice
                        I don't think you understand what it means to DMZ your computer. When you enable your router's DMZ feature it does two things: it forwards all incoming connections to one specific IP address on your network and it does not block any ports to that PC. Forwarding ports is a non issue, all incoming connections regardless of which port go to the same IP address. This is really convenient for gaming because it doesn't require using clunky NAT traversal protocols and third party servers to host games, so it works very well. But it's also a mach truck sized security issue because you are forwarding all incoming connections and not blocking any of them.

Telling someone to not use the DMZ feature is very good advice. Use it at your own risk and make sure the PC you forward to doesn't have any sensitive information on it.
                        Last edited by Ghiron5; 07-28-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Demands d ouverture de port

Comment

For the most part, enabling UPnP on your router and having it exposed is an idiotic move, unless you're absolutely sure no devices on your network have any malware whatsoever (yes, even the type the NSA writes to your hard drive firmware so you can't remove it even by formatting.), and also there's UPnP-Proxy, which allows outsiders to use your faulty upnp implementation to set up a proxy with injected NAT rules. I use shorewall in between my router and my connection, SO:
                            My firewall rules for both overwatch and fortnite:

#General Rules that include required PSN stuff:
                            ACCEPT loc net tcp 80,443,465,993,3478,3479,3480,5223,8080

#Overwatch

ACCEPT loc net tcp 1119,3724,6113

ACCEPT loc net udp 5060,5062,6250,12000-64000

#Fortnite

ACCEPT loc net tcp 5222,5795-5799,5800-5847

The UDP Rules for overwatch are a pretty long range, so they prooooobably cover fortnite req's, but I'll report more tonight. I was able to log into fortnite with just the overwatch rules last night and join the ready screen, but couldn't load a game.

Comment

Working...
                            X