Vindertech pulsar underpowered ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Vindertech pulsar underpowered ?

Soooo here's the thing,i had the Deathstalker as a assault salvo rifle,lvl 30 3*,i was doing around 12/ dmg per bullet so per salvo around 36k+ (with a full team around my level)

Click image for larger version  Name:	death.png Views:	1 Size:	477.6 KB ID:	109959

quite meeeh dmg wise,so here i get my pulsar with quite awesome perks ;
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pulsar.png Views:	1 Size:	503.2 KB ID:	109960
    at first i though "wow the perks are rellly nice,and since its energy type it will be good against everything"
    Buuuuuuut it didnt go at all as planned ,because the weapon stats are reaaaly bad
    I decide to go shoot some zombie of the same level as usual,i shoot one salvo annnnnnd,5k dmg per bullet and so 15K dmg for the salvo,with great perks,i deal half the dmg of my old weapon.
    my old weap have 1900base dmg,teh pulsar 1200 but with great perks,so my question is,why,with a energy weapon,who has totaly greater perks,deal so much less damage,

So to make it short,on the paper the vindertech should be better,but on practice,i just want to trash it because of the low damage output

arent energy weapon mean to be powerfull ? just look at both pic
    Last edited by Nargaringa; 12-04-2017, 03:06 AM.

I have the rifle but have yet to try it. I went into the event with interest on the shotgun. My first vendertech lama I got the legendary shot gun with pretty good perks. I was pretty siked, and while it was interesting, it isn't a weapon that I would use in my normal loadout.

the problem with the shot gun is not it's damage persay it's the insane ammo reqiement and the fact that you must reload every single round. If you could load the shells all at once it would make it worth the ammo requirement at its current damage levels. It's already a pump action with a negative fire rate. Either the damage needs to go up dramatically and have a bigger AOE, or maybe just a bigger AOE. Or it needs to load everything at once.

energy damage actually does less damage, but does it consistently across the board. While a normal damage weapon would in reality do more damage to normal enemies and energy would do a bit less, energy has no penalty to any enemies like all other damage types have.

Comment

yea i got the 3 burst pistol and its damage just can't compete with normal pistols i use. that with how much ammo they use and how much harder it is to craft energy ammo, there is really no reason to use the new weapons.

the only one i care about now is the revolver because of the headshot explode perk it comes with. unfortunately it does have that horrible sound bug making it unusable atm. if all the new weapons had a perk like the revolver they might actually be viable.

Comment

I know energy does consistant damage on every thing,but,with the deathstalker dealt more damage on fire and water enemy than the pulsar,before i was switching between deathstalker and grave digger,i though i could handle everything even with lower dmg with the pulsar,but here,it deal way less dmg,its unusuable. told you before i could OS the fattu with the death stalker,if i shoot in the head,with the pulsar i need 3/4 shot thats clearly way less dmg than it should

Comment

this is because you’re using rifles that require medium bullets. i believe the impact plays a role too.

Comment

Deathstalker DPS = 10.288

Pulsar DPS = 11.064

The pulsar does around 700 more DPS and has 3 times the crit chance with more than double the critical hit damage.

Energy weapons are good in that they deal damage against all elemental types without needing to keep changing, that's their one main advantage.

My issue is that energy weapons aren't very cost effective ammo wise. You will also find energy weapons that have another elemental roll on top of their energy damage which makes them fantastic and quite powerful. If you want an energy weapon, one of those would be better.

As far as yours goes, as I said, it has 700 more DPS and a higher crit chance and crit damage, it should be doing more damage overall but not per shot.

Comment

More or less a pointless group of weapons in this event imo. I took the legendary assault rifle and hammer to PL 82 and they are both trash. Even tho they both have 2 rare and 2 legendary bonus stats on them. That's around 100 rain and 200k xp down the tubes and makes me not want to try the other ones... The loot system is so bad in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Kinda View Post
                More or less a pointless group of weapons in this event imo. I took the legendary assault rifle and hammer to PL 82 and they are both trash. Even tho they both have 2 rare and 2 legendary bonus stats on them. That's around 100 rain and 200k xp down the tubes and makes me not want to try the other ones... The loot system is so bad in this game.
                Each event that has given us weapons has had a gimmick to them. The Hydraulic guns from Survive The Storm do less damage but have a higher impact on them causing them to stagger or knockback the Mist Monsters more often. The Scavenger weapons from Horde Bash are cheaper to craft, and do a bit more damage I think, but at the cost of they break faster. I'm still trying to figurer out what the current event weapon's gimmick is besides the natural energy weapons... I need to use them a bit more see what this currently hidden gimmick is but trust me there should be one.
                Last edited by Icebolt123; 12-05-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

But still,those weapon have poor DMG, i prefer use my deathstalker and use the halloween weapon in tandem than that pulsar, cause i swear,on the paper it should do more DMG,in practice, IT deal WAYYYYY less damage,unusable at high level

Comment

Your Pulsar has double the fire rate. So it's a little unfair to compare bullet to bullet damage. That's like comparing a SMG to a rifle. A rifle will always make a bigger hole per bullet. But the SMG can hose better. If you prefer slow firing weapons that is fine. But on paper the pulsar is better. If it's not to your play-style then that's fine, but it's not the guns fault. Although getting turned off by the ammo is the guns fault...

Comment

Originally posted by Battalia9 View Post
                      Your Pulsar has double the fire rate. So it's a little unfair to compare bullet to bullet damage. That's like comparing a SMG to a rifle. A rifle will always make a bigger hole per bullet. But the SMG can hose better. If you prefer slow firing weapons that is fine. But on paper the pulsar is better. If it's not to your play-style then that's fine, but it's not the guns fault. Although getting turned off by the ammo is the guns fault...
                      That is true and lets not forget the Deathstalker of his has two all the time damage perks on it unlike his Pulsar that has 0 of them, this also making it an unfair to compare. The perks you get on a weapon can make or break it at the higher levels of play right?

Comment

Just double the magazine size Epic. It would make it 10x better

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Kinda View Post
                          More or less a pointless group of weapons in this event imo.
                          I wouldn't call them completely useless. My collection book level has went up by 5 levels since the event started...

Comment

You got them for free idk why ppl complain about everything in fortnite. Event free loading weps shouldn't be better than llama weps that people spend money on. It isn't rocket science ppl. Get over it.

Comment

yes they are free weapon,BUT when you know how the RNG **** **** up,when you have 1 weapon that is quite nice, you would like it to be decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X