The new weapon perks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• The new weapon perks

I want to start by saying I absolutely love this game and play it quite a lot. I have even gotten a few of my friends playing it. You guys have done a wonderful job with all the improvements and adjustments that have been made so far. Some new perks you have added, to nearly EVERY weapon, are very situational and in my opinion a waste of perk slots. I was very excited to see the new weapons coming out of the Vindertech event and have been playing profusely to try and get some of them. I got the legendary version of the one weapon I wanted the most, which is the burst pistol. I love playing as Ranger Deadeye because of the combination of outlander and pistol perks. So I was very excited when I saw that lovely looking pistol outlined in orange. However, when I looked at the perk list my excitement immediately turned to dismay as the roll on the weapon was complete garbage. The level 5 and level 20 perks are all but completely worthless for this weapon, or any weapon without the ability to activate the extra damage those perks provide. They are very situational and one would have to lay traps everywhere to utilize either of these perks, which will never work in tandem as I am not even sure you can have a target that is slowed/snared as well as stunned/staggered/knocked down.

Please reevaluate these perks or at least the weapons they can be applied to.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	worst roll.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	109973

Welcome to the wonderful world of RNG, the part of the game that hates everyone except those really lucky folk that manage to get god rolls every time.

Comment

bruh i have something just like this as well. i dont know if they stack since you have to put wooden spikes to slow them down and then somehow be able to push them with a wall/floor launcher or heavy hardware for stun/knockback.

Comment

It sucks mostly bc everyone plays encampments, rescues or radars. I guess were supposed to just throw down traps every time we see a group of enemies in order for 2-3 of our weapon bonuses to even work.... Just another tactic to slow gamers progression and a shallow attempt at making the game more difficult... ugh

Comment

I do have an over and under with that knocked down stunned perk on it.... twice for a total of like 55+% it is fun to use. It also has increased knockback and impact which causes the enemies to fly into the air and when you land that second shot it destroys things. It's fun and while I use an over and under, it's not my main weapon of choice. I'd rather have raw damage and reload speed.

Comment

All excitement is gone once you understand getting a legendary means nothing unless at least 3-4 perks are good or synergizes enoguh between themsleves, even having good individual perks isnt good enough if they dont synergize, like crit damage being useless without crit chance, you dont only need a good RNG for getting legendary its also RNG to get good perks and RNG do get good perks that ALSO have some sinergy.

I would really like to get LESS legendaries if it meant the PERKS where better or just add perk rerolls in exchange for grinding something.

I am so tired of getting hyped when I see a legendary weapon I like just to see its **** perks and only worth schematic XP...

Its been about 4 times now I have bought V-Buck to open special llamas (ranged, troll truck...) and nearly everytime its like hand on my face thinking "Dude, thats your real money, look at it disappearing into schematic xp, dont do this to yourself again"

I can tell you right now I got WAY more better survivors, lead survivors, heros and weapons out of the Halloween event then 50€-60€ worth of different llamas. I bought a BR scythe pickaxe skin just so I hade SOMETHING permanent/useable to show for my money...

If EPIC had 24 hours of "GOOD PERKS LOOT LLAMA" purhcase servers would collapse in 5min...

But "legendary garanteed" just means "maybe usable" it completely depends on the PERKS if it falls into USABLE.. not even GOOD or GREAT category...

The feeling of knowing a weapon is condemned by its perks and has no further use but schematic xp or collec book is really sad...

If "tier" evolution comes in next updates but does not include a PERKs change I dont see it being too game changing... Or it may result in people farmin many lower tier weapons to "tier them up" and see if the next tier lvl add a new useful perk to it.

Example: Get green uncommon tier AR and evolve to Legend depending on the perks it gets added when going --> blue and --> purple. So maybe we could start evolving multiple "uncommon" AR in hopes to get good perks in each "tier evolution" on one of the ARs.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyPoia View Post
              All excitement is gone once you understand getting a legendary means nothing unless at least 3-4 perks are good or synergizes enoguh between themsleves, even having good individual perks isnt good enough if they dont synergize, like crit damage being useless without crit chance, you dont only need a good RNG for getting legendary its also RNG to get good perks and RNG do get good perks that ALSO have some sinergy.
              You do know you have the ability to roll rare transformations? Of course you know, but don't shrug it off as pointless. A rare with good perks is better than an epic with bad perks. Legendaries... Is the damage and durability increase really worth using a **** legendary over a rare with good rolls, i'll let you decide that, but we don't need to start at common or uncommon. I got some really good rare weapons, and one of the best parts of it being rare is that they are super cheap to make. Give it some though... you're not going to roll what you want immediately, but keep doing it with the extra skill points you get and see what you get.

Comment

Thus far in this event, I've received several legendary items with stats that made them inferior. Multiple bonuses that only affect husks that have been afflicted with various status conditions make the weapons too highly situational to be practical. There's also a significant reduction of value to a damage boost against those targets if the weapon doesn't actually cause the status that triggers the bonus (such as +damage to afflicted targets but doesn't cause affliction). It doesn't matter that you could get a different weapon, or even that these weapons can be used. The feedback from the OP boils down to this (and I agree): The new weapon perks are so situational as to be impractical in application. So much so, that rather than being seen as bonuses, they are seen as failures to get a "real" bonus.

If they want tactically situational bonuses, the bonuses need to be more stable/tangible. Like say, a perk that increases damage to mist monsters, or a perk for a damage bonus to exploders and husky husks. Those would be situational but the effects are stable, and therefore useful enough that you may wish to carry the weapons around for the times you need them, even if they aren't your all-around best weapon.

Comment

I feel ya, many of the newer perks are garbage IMO. The original damage and elemental damage perks are still the best. I would like to see something like if your weapons rolls situational damage, that the weapon be guaranteed some way of generating that situation. Like if I roll +20% damage on afflicted targets, let me weapon also have the nature roll so it can self afflict targets.

Comment

Yea weapons need a new filter for the new perks. Like Weapons with affliction should only have a chance to roll +dmg to afflicted targets. Weapons with large caliber rounds should only have a chance to roll +dmg to staggered and ect. Also water needs to add a slowing effect so its more useful like fire and nature and then the +dmg to slowed targets would be nice for those weapons.

Comment

Personally I feel like these new perks are ruining one of the best parts of the game. There's no more exciting in getting any kind of weapon because you know it' going to have a useless stat on it (or if youre really unlucky, you can get an epic weapon with 4 useless stats like I did the other day). It was already hard enough to roll something good, but it was doable. Since they've added these in I haven't gotten a single item that didn't go straight into the collection book, or immediately broken down for the xp. I'm about to the point where I'm going to put the game down for awhile and come back after a couple months to see if some things have been fixed. Pretty much just waiting for monster hunter to come out. This used to be a great game and I've been playing daily since day one, but it feels like save the world took the back burner as soon as battle Royale came out.

Comment

Its unbelievable that these perks are still in the game after so much negativity about them, but I guess it kinda figures since epic participation on the forums has been minimal lately. Ive seen these new effects on nearly every weapon since they have been put in and I probably have a dozen or so weapons ruined by these stats. I dont really get why they havent taken them out. If/when they put weapon rerolling in are they expecting us to spend months to reroll all of these ****** weapons from the last few events? Weapon rerolling or stat adjusting should be for your favorite weapons to make them a bit better, NOT for every weapon you got because it happened to roll 2 stats that do absolutely nothing.

Comment

Funny I got a weapon that won't be ruined by these new perks. I got the Room Sweeper from the Legendary Troll Llama yesterday, and it well Room Sweeper is a shotgun and I have two perks that make it do more damage to stunned, staggered and knocked down targets... guess I got lucky right?

Comment

Those are decent for a shotgun but those perks are not so great on non knockdown weapons. I ended up getting all 3 legendary vindertech melee weapons from this event currently happening and all 3 of them have 2 "+ damage to afflicted targets". None of them apply affliction either. Most of the time when these new situational effects work out in your favor its not even really that great. Like would you rather have +15% damage always or 22.5% only when they are knocked down?
                            Last edited by Dercas723; 12-06-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dercas723 View Post
                              Those are decent for a shotgun but those perks are not so great on non knockdown weapons. I ended up getting all 3 legendary vindertech melee weapons from this event currently happening and all 3 of them have 2 "+ damage to afflicted targets". None of them apply affliction either. Most of the time when these new situational effects work out in your favor its not even really that great. Like would you rather have +15% damage always or 22.5% only when they are knocked down?
                              All the time damage but this isn't the first time we've had useless perks on things in this game... like in my collection book I've got a Rare Wall Lights which perks are insanely USELESS ON it as two of the perks are crit chance and trap damage... uhh... game WHAT DAMAGE!? It's a fricking Wall Light! They deal no damage! I've had this happen on Wall and Floor Launchers like also in my Collection Book is a Uncommon Floor Launcher that has two perks them being Crit damage and crit chance...
                              Last edited by Icebolt123; 12-06-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I just realized that this is why I cant stand the game anymore. I can put up with the grinding but after these new weapon perks came out all of my weapons have been ****. Its just too much RNG. At least all my old weapons had 100% useful perks that didnt require a husk being on 1 tile with a trap. I even realized that the upcoming xmas event all I was looking forward to were heroes I completely forgot about the weapons.

Comment

idk if i should be mad or nah. im confused

Comment

Originally posted by D00M3D2D13 View Post
                                    I'd say mad as you can't make use of those damage perks naturally. I mean only certain abilities of certain classes can slow Husks right now along with the wooden floor spikes. So yeah I'd say mad pal

Comment

Lets see you would have to hit a snared target with like 68-70% of your shots just to break even with a gun that just had + damage on it.

Comment

Think mine might beat all of yours, im not recycling or storing them in them collection book however because Im sure they are giving us the ability to reroll weapon perks soon. I just hope it doesn't cost money or raindrops.... But if it is raindrops then make sure its 1 raindrop per rereoll its bad enough chasing after raindrops as it is. Also yeah I kinda hate the new weapon perks just makes it too rng.

Comment

Originally posted by aragoth View Post
                                          Think mine might beat all of yours, im not recycling or storing them in them collection book however because Im sure they are giving us the ability to reroll weapon perks soon. I just hope it doesn't cost money or raindrops.... But if it is raindrops then make sure its 1 raindrop per rereoll its bad enough chasing after raindrops as it is. Also yeah I kinda hate the new weapon perks just makes it too rng.
                                          Ouch. Just ouch...

Comment

They need to add prerequisites on the perks.

Bonus vs. affliction should require it to have affliction.
                                            Crit Damage should require it to have Crit Chance
                                            Bonus vs. knockback should require it to have bonus knockback

etc.

Or just remove the new perks entirely. They basically just suck and add nothing but frustration.

Comment

Working...
                                            X