X

Suggestion on how to stop trolls starting a defend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion on how to stop trolls starting a defend

Today I had the displeasure of playing with a person that continually starts a defend while you are gathering mats for repairs , after you build entire fort/defenses or in the middle of building. This person joined after myself and another had already built everything up, so leaving didn't seem practical. Normally if I see this particular individual in a mission, I leave.

The first time they started the atlas was able to stop it twice. Yes they started straight after I stopped it, so I had to stop it again. The rest of the team was gathering mats for repairs at this stage, while I was finishing upgrading the structure around an atlas. Lucky I was there. The Third time they did it no one was around the 3 atlases. Had to run back to defend. One of our team was AFK for a moment when this happened too. They came back to madness. This could of gone terribly wrong had we not created decent defenses prior to heading out for mats.

My idea would be that when someone initiates the defend (eg:starts the atlas) a message pops up on peoples screen, perhaps near the top so not to disrupt what ever the player is doing at the time. This message would require you to press ready/not ready within 60 seconds. If after 60 seconds you have not made a choice it would kick you from match, like being idle too long. This would stop people trolling by not making a choice but gives ample time to finish killing husks if doing that at the time the message pops.

This would stop people starting a defend when people are not ready. It would have to be a group vote of ready before it could begin.

This individual and the one previous that wouldn't help build/upgrade but was happy to start defend the bomb while we were getting mats for repairs ruin the fun in Fortnite. Some will say it adds a bit of adrenaline to your day but honestly it just caused frustration and resentment. It is tiring playing with people like that.

I like playing with random people and most are great but am finding more people that just start things constantly in Twine. So I find myself playing in friends only sessions more often.

Hope someone can improve on this idea :)

What is stopping a troll to never start?

Comment

Perhaps a majority vote, so say if team is full 3 have to vote yes. It isn't a perfect solution but perhaps an idea. Most people I find that start defends early are not trolling in a true sense, they just want to shoot it out, no defenses. And most of them overestimate their own skill which leads to a defend being much harder than needs to be.

Hoping others may have some ideas to input as well.

Comment

+1 to this. happened to me at defend the shelter mission. i put fully upgraded metal all around the shelter and some sneaky #%^# decided to run the dam thing. good thing i had traps set up at the walls and 2 layers of roof. smfh

Comment

I have suggested that a two-factor activation could be used within the first day. The person who deposits the glow cannot be the person who activates. And remove the ability to shoot down the balloon. At least when the game mode is set to 'Public'. Its not perfect, after all people, myself included, like to deposit glow as early as possible so we know where the attacks will come from and can clear in that direction, but at least it would help a little bit.

I do like your idea however. Heck, I would just be happy to have a message that shows who just activated the objective that stays around long enough for me to write down their names so I can report them after the mission is over.

Honestly, I have not run into these types of players very often in the past month, but before then it was happening on a daily basis. Usually some high level person who states they don't have time to wait, or is heroically willing to fight the husks while everybody else gathers mats (as if fighting the husks is a huge chore nobody wants to do, right?).

Comment

Originally posted by Palindrome73 View Post
            I have suggested that a two-factor activation could be used within the first day. The person who deposits the glow cannot be the person who activates. And remove the ability to shoot down the balloon. At least when the game mode is set to 'Public'. Its not perfect, after all people, myself included, like to deposit glow as early as possible so we know where the attacks will come from and can clear in that direction, but at least it would help a little bit.
            I like to solo missions at times and know others do as well so a 2 factor activation wouldn't be helpful. I do like the idea of knowing who starts it though. Would be very helpful indeed. As for the balloon, I'd be happy if that was removed. Most times people ask but you do get a lot of people that shoot it with 5 mins left, leaving you scrambling to get back or finish making defenses on the fly.

Comment

• CaseFace8 commented
              Editing a comment
              If a system like this was implemented, if you were playing solo it wouldn't be used/required.
              It would basically only get triggered if there was someone else in game.
          Working...
          X