Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaaand yet another disappointing list of patch notes.

Collapse
X

Aaaand yet another disappointing list of patch notes.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaand yet another disappointing list of patch notes.

I don't play BR, nor do I care to play BR, so naturally I am biased. I excitedly scrolled through the list of 85 patch notes for BR in order to see the new updates for Save the World, and what a let down. Here is what they have been working on for Save the World, while ignoring the suggestions of the community.
    1. Nerfed the already unpopular/useless Vindertech weapons. (Smart move there guys!)
    2. Something about exclusive heroes for Xbox users. (Cherry picking is always a great marketing strategy!) Truthfully, I don't really care about that because I am a PC user.
    3. Fixed incorrect color for building radar. (Didn't know that was an issue, because we simply adapted to the way it is.)
    4. Fixed the recipe for Vindertech weapons. (God knows the community boards were full of complaints about this issue.)
    5. Fixed a recycling issue that really wasn't a major concern. (Way to go guys, keep fixing stuff people don't really care about. We will give you a gold star any way.)
    6. Deliver the bomb tracks can now be placed over Outlander fragments. (I guess I haven't played enough Deliver the Bomb missions to know that was a pressing issue. I was more concerned with trying to find a path around water streams.
    7. Missing quest for Durr Burger. (Ok, I can see that one could be irritating.)
    8. Fixed items stretching. (Hooray??? Guess I missed all the posts about this frustrating issue.)
    9. Vindertech weapons stopped giving Blast powder when disassembled. (Was that really a problem? What have I been missing here? I didn't know you could get so many V-tech weapons that this could be an alternative to farming mats for blast powder.)
    10. Leg hammers and Spears now use Leg crafting materials. (Ha ha ha Epic. The joke is on you. No one uses those weapons.) And for those who don't understand sarcasm, that was not intended to be taken literally.
    11. Floor healing Traps NOW take up inventory space. (Finally my complaints have been heard. I have been indignant for weeks that my healing traps were not taking up inventory space.)
    12. Fixed transformation keys that changed into something else. (Huh?? OK, glad you are on the job and fixed this gigantic issue.)
    13. Fixed Head clipper Spear. (Seriously, in comparison to all the weapons people can use in this game, I doubt this thing ranks in the upper half.)
    14. Drone salvage will quickly start because otherwise it would linger around too long. (Few, if anyone, really does those missions. Pssst, Epic, you can delete that whole thing. I think after a week no one will even notice or care that it is gone.)
    15. Designated number of Mutant Storm mission Alerts. (Meh, whatever.)
    16. BUT THE STORM MISSION QUOTA WILL REMAIN THE SAME AT 10 PER DAY!! (We dodged a bullet here guys! Heaven forbid we actually invest meaningful time into a game predicated on farming.)
    17. Confirmed they did nerf some rifles. (Atta boy Epic!) Words cannot express how frustrating it is to farm myself silly to get a decent weapon with meaningful rolls on them, only to have them nerfed.

In summary.
    If you want to dissect this list and refute the things I have said then you are missing the point. The point is this: I am making a mockery of the patch in order to illustrate how the major concerns of the community go widely unaddressed, while BR (the free side) appears to get the lion's share of attention. Please spare me the, "But they are separate and smaller staff". If so, then put them on Save the World and put the Save the World staff on BR.

One final jab, because I can't help myself right now. You know what else nobody wants, more situational RNG for our weapons. Maybe you guys can add a few more RNG rolls to our weapons like, does 28% more damage to enemies while jumping off a cliff, or does 13.2% more damage on enemies mindlessly pounding on a random rock, or does 18.6% more damage vs enemies that are airborne after being catapulted from a floor or wall launcher, or does 20.4% more damage when an enemy is struck by one player using a fire weapon, another player using an energy weapon, and the third player using a nature weapon.

I hope the next patch will be a meaningful one- fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Bryinlouisville View Post
    I don't play BR, nor do I care to play BR, so naturally I am biased. I excitedly scrolled through the list of 85 patch notes for BR in order to see the new updates for Save the World, and what a let down. Here is what they have been working on for Save the World, while ignoring the suggestions of the community.
    1. Nerfed the already unpopular/useless Vindertech weapons. (Smart move there guys!)
    2. Something about exclusive heroes for Xbox users. (Cherry picking is always a great marketing strategy!) Truthfully, I don't really care about that because I am a PC user.
    3. Fixed incorrect color for building radar. (Didn't know that was an issue, because we simply adapted to the way it is.)
    4. Fixed the recipe for Vindertech weapons. (God knows the community boards were full of complaints about this issue.)
    5. Fixed a recycling issue that really wasn't a major concern. (Way to go guys, keep fixing stuff people don't really care about. We will give you a gold star any way.)
    6. Deliver the bomb tracks can now be placed over Outlander fragments. (I guess I haven't played enough Deliver the Bomb missions to know that was a pressing issue. I was more concerned with trying to find a path around water streams.
    7. Missing quest for Durr Burger. (Ok, I can see that one could be irritating.)
    8. Fixed items stretching. (Hooray??? Guess I missed all the posts about this frustrating issue.)
    9. Vindertech weapons stopped giving Blast powder when disassembled. (Was that really a problem? What have I been missing here? I didn't know you could get so many V-tech weapons that this could be an alternative to farming mats for blast powder.)
    10. Leg hammers and Spears now use Leg crafting materials. (Ha ha ha Epic. The joke is on you. No one uses those weapons.) And for those who don't understand sarcasm, that was not intended to be taken literally.
    11. Floor healing Traps NOW take up inventory space. (Finally my complaints have been heard. I have been indignant for weeks that my healing traps were not taking up inventory space.)
    12. Fixed transformation keys that changed into something else. (Huh?? OK, glad you are on the job and fixed this gigantic issue.)
    13. Fixed Head clipper Spear. (Seriously, in comparison to all the weapons people can use in this game, I doubt this thing ranks in the upper half.)
    14. Drone salvage will quickly start because otherwise it would linger around too long. (Few, if anyone, really does those missions. Pssst, Epic, you can delete that whole thing. I think after a week no one will even notice or care that it is gone.)
    15. Designated number of Mutant Storm mission Alerts. (Meh, whatever.)
    16. BUT THE STORM MISSION QUOTA WILL REMAIN THE SAME AT 10 PER DAY!! (We dodged a bullet here guys! Heaven forbid we actually invest meaningful time into a game predicated on farming.)
    17. Confirmed they did nerf some rifles. (Atta boy Epic!) Words cannot express how frustrating it is to farm myself silly to get a decent weapon with meaningful rolls on them, only to have them nerfed.

In summary.
    If you want to dissect this list and refute the things I have said then you are missing the point. The point is this: I am making a mockery of the patch in order to illustrate how the major concerns of the community go widely unaddressed, while BR (the free side) appears to get the lion's share of attention. Please spare me the, "But they are separate and smaller staff". If so, then put them on Save the World and put the Save the World staff on BR.

One final jab, because I can't help myself right now. You know what else nobody wants, more situational RNG for our weapons. Maybe you guys can add a few more RNG rolls to our weapons like, does 28% more damage to enemies while jumping off a cliff, or does 13.2% more damage on enemies mindlessly pounding on a random rock, or does 18.6% more damage vs enemies that are airborne after being catapulted from a floor or wall launcher, or does 20.4% more damage when an enemy is struck by one player using a fire weapon, another player using an energy weapon, and the third player using a nature weapon.

Thats exactly what i thought too,glad to not be the only one, the no:1 is so true,got teh pulsar with great perk,but that **** hit like a nerf gun,
    and i will add a no:18: Game always have massiv slow down for me after every patch,take 4min for the game to launch 2 min to get to my weaponry,thats just unplayable.

Comment

3.7gb update. my game was actually running smooth the past few days. why do I have a feeling they will break something with the update.

Comment

The reality of development is that small, easy fixes will always vastly outnumber the big, difficult fixes.

Comment

• Bryinlouisville commented
          Editing a comment
          That is very true, and I don't think anyone was suggesting the contrary. I believe there are some, myself included, who would prefer they focus more of their attention on larger and more pressing issues, than on these small and rather insignificant issues. For example, whatever time they spent to make the Husks snore louder, should have been spent on fixing more germane and pertinent issues. I think we would be just fine with the current volume level of snoring in lieu of fixing some broken features.

It is really getting old... It's like they want to squeeze all the $$$ they can out of STW players before it fails and is absorbed by BR next year. Or maybe the devs just want to make the game they want... Updates literally just feel like reskins with every STW update nothing new or asked for by the players is ever added. Just more to stand in our way...

Comment

Lmao PvE is so broken right now.
          Epic, please focus on fixing this mess you've created in PvE and put BR on the **** backburner for a while.

-Sincerely,
          A paying Founder.

Comment

I laughed out loud at your situational suggestions!

Comment

• Bryinlouisville commented
              Editing a comment
              Good! I was hoping some people would find the humor in it.

Actually I have a gripe about this. The only time you should (or so I may believe) have full inventory is when you have too much of generally everything, and maybe it's personal but I find it more annoying to recycle storm chest weapons for their materials (namely malachite ore). What used to happen was I'd drop a junk item on the floor, or recycle my normal weapons so I could "repair" them. I don't particularly care if someone takes the junk that hits the floor. Now when I recycle I have to find the item that replaced the recycled item's slot and manually drop it, which is far more annoying than losing items to people who happen to be around. This is especially so when it means I am forced to take more time and that means the potential someone would take one of my items while I am managing inventory is much higher. I can replace anything I lose to this, given, but the fact stands that they added an extra, very tedious step to the process. It also makes last-minute inventory management (for those groups that start the storm chest with like 1.5 minutes left in the game) much riskier since I do not automatically know what was put into my inventory since the prompt is hidden by the inventory menu and is gone before I can see it.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that I like a lot of the QoL features like the markers so far, it makes reading the map way easier and the medbot is adorable. I've had mini-framedrops outside of people joining the game ever since this update hit though.
            Last edited by Action Gooseman; 12-07-2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah

13.2% more damage on enemies mindlessly pounding on a random rock

I WOULD CHOOSE THIS OVER ANY OF THE NEW PERKS xDDDD

Comment

Haha your post made me laugh, but also sad becouse it's really very very sad. Epic failed so much this time. WAY to many things got broken this patch for PvE, can't even be bothered to make a bug report, if we get this much broken stuff after a patch then they really need to start to fire people...... wtf did Epic do too there own game? Almost think Epic want people to quit PvE for sure. Glad I never lvled the weapons they nerfed tho, had ok perks but now it's a no no.

Comment

Your point about situational perks was so true. I have got 1 or 2 of these perks on my last 13 out of 15 legendary weapons. It's very annoying getting a legendary weapon that you have waited a long time for only to get these useless perks that ruin it. When or if they ever introduce a reroll perk system, so many people are gonna waste resources on getting rid of perks that should of never been added in the first place.

Starting to wonder if anyone in the FN team even reads the forums anymore, because if they did these perks would be already gone.

Comment

I'm having a hard time logging on in my free time to get research point anymore. I come back days to weeks later all the time and see what little has been done. I'm accepting my losses investing in this game, I will never buy another game by Epic G. You can count on anyone I know who games to not buy into them either. F U, that's about as polite as I can be.
                    Nerfing weapons now, so what little I have to show for my time and money is now worse. I guess I should've known better, not the first time I've been ripped off buying a game, it is the worst though.

Comment

Loved every bit of your post. I'm 100% with you. Thumbs up!

Comment

Hey everyone,

We really appreciate your feedback on the latest patch! I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't everything you had hoped for, Fortnite is a big game, and the team is working diligently to make it the best it can be. (We have some new and exciting content coming out soon. Keep your eyes open for a video tomorrow!) We do our best to have strong engagement with the community and adhere to your feedback. Some of the bigger issues you mentioned are being worked on, and we look forward to bringing them to you in the future.

In regards to the "rifle nerfs" and other things listed in the 'Undocumented Changes' section - The changes have been in the game and nothing has been adjusted in Patch V.1.10. These happened during previous patches but went unnoticed by our community team (our bad). Thankfully, users on r/FORTnITE caught these changes and brought them to our attention, which is why we added them to our latest patch notes for transparency.

Our 'The Future of Save the World' Blog goes over some of the issue mentioned in this thread, and how we plan to fix them!
                        You can read the post Here.

Comment

• AH_RUIN commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He's right guys! Keep your eyes open for that video tomorrow where they answer 4 random questions from the community that aren't even close to what we WANT them to talk about. I really wish if you guys were to constantly preach about listening to our questions and problems that you WOULD actually address our questions and problems! Are you aware 2 out of 4 classes are borderline useless? When are we gonna get a video about that.

• ravend commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No you wont, just embrass your inner EA and tell us the truth. That you are dragging your feet because you know people will but loot boxes over the winter break.that you need loot boxes to survive. Tell us that loot boxes are going to remain as is. Tellbus you only care about our wallets and not how we feel about current state of the game.

Boomer, I didn't see it in the post you linked. Is Epic planning on finished the other zones anytime soon? Given the majority of the focus is on BR since it's release, all the people I know that still care at all are wondering if you're going to abandon the PvE game in favor of PvP. I, for one, haven't and won't ever spend another $ unless I have some faith that the game isn't going to abandoned, and that's what it looks like to most people. I spent a large chunk of money, mostly as a "kickstarter" style investment because I thought the game was amazing. We are genuinely worried that BR is now the main game, well honestly that's more a given than a worry, but worried that you aren't going to ever complete Fortnite.

What we really want to see on the 'Future of Fortnite' is a road map to the games completion. Paid Early Access is usually a few weeks, and it's been months and the game isn't even half finished yet, and all the development resources are focused on BR.

Comment

Working...
                        X