Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, why are the best Xmas skins unavailable for PvE?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s great we get Xmas quests, weapons and heroes for PvE, yet I can’t help feel that PvP is starting to get the “bigger and better” gifts:

Legendary Nutcracker skin
    Gingerbread Man/Woman skins
    Ugly Xmas Sweater skins
    Elf skin (male) & Raindeer skin (female)
    (Not to mention, pickaxe skins, like Candy Cane and Gift Wrapped Pickaxe)

I understand that it’s a separate Game Mode and some content will be unique to it, like skydiving, gliders, glider launch pads, camo bushes, shield potions, smoke grenades, boogie bombs, silenced SMGs, dance emotes, GIF emotes...

No, wait, I DON’T understand why ALL of that is PvP only?! Especially not the SMGs and Emotes. After all, PvE has sleeping Husks where a silenced weapon could come in handy. Lol.

But I’m getting off track. Back to cosmetics. They should NOT be anchored to Hero Cards the way they currently are. The best option would be to let Hero Cards UNLOCK cosmetics that are anchored to our account and NOT specific cards. It’s great that we can upgrade the tier level of Hero Cards now with those “flux” things from the event shop. But it’s still not cool that upgrading forces our favorite heroes to look a certain way when maybe we prefer how they looked at a Rare or Epic level. And it’s not cool that PvE has to go play PvP just to dress up for an Xmas Event.

I was fine with having to purchase the Soldier Skeleton skin for PvP even though I owned the Hero Card with the same look in PvE. But I’m not pleased that I have no Hero Cards sporting the aforementioned Nutcracker, Gingerbread, Ugly Sweater, Elf, Reindeer costumes. Nor that in PvE we’re pigeonholed to just a few pickaxe skins, and that based on the level cap of the area we’re doing missions in.

But hey, rather than having to invent NEW hero cards JUST to give us access to the skins, simply STOP linking skins to cards.

Please, please, please give us cosmetics tied to our Epic Accounts and NOT Hero Cards, unless those cards unlock them for our account.

Thanks for reading. And Merry Christmas everyone!

We will probably get them later as new heroes.
    The problem s making new Heroes is you don't want to reuse the same abilities as existing ones all the time.

So they need to make some fresh abilities.

The first STS - the heroes were only reskins of existing heroes which was not very popular.

====
    On the otherhand, I do feel like the art team is being redirected heavily to BR.

Because honestly PvE needs towns to feel different
    Right now all 4 major cities all look the exact same.

Canny valley should use a more desert tile set just like the HB
    Plankerton should look like a Harbor town with giant boats and a dock.

There is no lore in TWine peaks yet so I don't know what that is suppose to be.
    But from the name I am guessing more of a Dark Evil Forest mountain town.
    Last edited by The_Last_Paragon; 12-24-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Last_Paragon View Post
      We will probably get them later as new heroes.
      The problem s making new Heroes is you don't want to reuse the same abilities as existing ones all the time.

So they need to make some fresh abilities.

The first STS - the heroes were only reskins of existing heroes which was not very popular.

====
      On the otherhand, I do feel like the art team is being redirected heavily to BR.

Because honestly PvE needs towns to feel different
      Right now all 4 major cities all look the exact same.

Canny valley should use a more desert tile set just like the HB
      Plankerton should look like a Harbor town with giant boats and a dock.

Would help if someone would be nice enough to upload a picture of what TW Storm Shield looks like wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure I've seen people in chat asking "Need help for TW SSD 1!" over here on Xbox One.

Comment

The only minor piece of lore we got for Twine Peaks is the one outro conversation between Ray and Ramirez, where she mentions she is from Twine Peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Icebolt123 View Post

Would help if someone would be nice enough to upload a picture of what TW Storm Shield looks like wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure I've seen people in chat asking "Need help for TW SSD 1!" over here on Xbox One.
          Twine storm shield is currently just a grey sort of landscape with lava here and there so it's not any different than the others. The main shield itself is surrounded by hills but it's great for placing down defences.
          There's a husk at my door

-----Day 1 Founder-----

Comment

Epic is too busy selling progression to pve....

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Kinda View Post
              Epic is too busy selling progression to pve....
              I think you mean PvP :P

Comment

I agree, nothing should be PvP only, especially since they don't pay for ****.

Comment

It's kinda of upsetting that here we are over on STW where we pay the initial price point to have access to it and a lot of us have paid for better versions of the game Deluxe to Ultimate but we still get kinda the short end of the stick really. I wasn't that upset that they were developing BR initially but since i've seen that they have been putting more liking to BR because tons of people are there is kind of ******. I didn't understand them opening BR for free and not STW as well. Yea Twine isn't done and there's still so much more to add to the game. I just wish they gave more attention to STW rather than BR. Yea we get these events and **** every month or two to keep us happy but still i'd like to see different missions,towns,areas for all the repetitive things we do over on STW. I'm afraid to see fortnite become another H1Z1 fiasco where PvP gets all the attention but then PvE gets little to zero attention what so ever pretty much killing it off.

Comment

It seems pretty disrespectful to have us pay for STW then have a free mode come out that seems to have a better system in place. They get crouch. They get outfits, and tool skins. I think those are great ideas! I just wish we had them in pve.

Comment

• Pjthines commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s upsetting we don’t get a “Locker” for costumes, tool skins, dances, other emotes, emoticons. The only thing shared between the two game modes are banner icons and vbucks, and it “royale” sucks.

I think you mean PvP :P
                    What makes you think that? PvP is cosmetic only PvE has a Predatory gambling RNG loot box llama progression card game... I wish it was like PvP these card game schemes are ruining the fun of gaming...

Comment

I'm just glad the PvE side is still a thing, and that it hasn't been completely abandoned. At the end of the day, both modes need improving significantly, though I think by now, PvE needs more attention. They placed a limited 50v50 mode in PvP. Opinions of the actual mode aside, I don't see why they've added this mode when the game isn't yet polished. Maybe due to players on PvP leaving the game and not coming back needing something to draw them back in, idk. I also imagine the people who have been working on this limited mode are not the same people behind the PvE story quests. They have mentioned that they are working on it I think. But still, can't see exactly why there is story for some parts and not others. Will just have to currently wait and see how they plan out their next move

Comment

Why does PvP get all the emotes? They already have the skeletons, it should be easy to have every hero do them in PvE. So suck of the same dance.
                        At least "Ride the Pony" while standing on the Bomb as it's moving still amuses me. For now.

Comment

Working...
                        X